1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/22/2006 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2006.

1. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

don't be a d/a, please state your source of the rumor.....friend, mother, cat, neighbor, espn, homeless person, wtf :rolleyes:

2. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

and how did you come by this information?

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

what in the hell?

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah right

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bonzi can't be traded until Dec 15.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team doesn't need him....trade him or keep him.....I think he is irrelevant.

However if the team traded him without him WANTING to be traded, not a single player would sign here for a discount again.

Swift, then Bonzi....well, maybe they would.

:D

DD

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dunno, the Dallas game had me thinking the Rockets are still missing a piece or two.

8. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I'd even speculate that by next year he could be a starter, at least when we need a Power Forward with size.

9. akuma

akuma Member

unless he becomes an intolerable distraction or demands a trade (even then, the Rockets could just sit his arse or put him on the inactive roster), there is no freakin way he is traded. at $2.1 million, there is no one out there that could really help the Rockets (be a rotation player). anyway, the Rockets already got their cheap rotation player in Snyder who appears to be realizing his potential on both sides of the court.

i'm not too concerned about the Bonzi situation as this could just potentially free up some time for Novak (a surprising gem in the draft) and VSpan as well as accelerate the improvement in Snyder. having said that, it is still better that Bonzi gets with the program, sooner rather than later.

10. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

PLZ give us the source of the rumor. Be responsible person.

PS: there is no way $2.1m can get another player with the similar ability that Bozi has.

11. Y-Mac

Y-Mac Member

That's why,IF he is traded,he's gonna be packaged with Howard

12. travisd

travisd Contributing Member

I was sitting by the tunnel to the Rockets locker room and I noticed at the end of the first half all the guys were sauntering off the court, except for Battier. He was jogging to the locker room.

Then, when they came back out for the warm up, same thing. Everyone walking casually except for Battier. Again, he jogged out onto the court.

To me, that just shows enthusiasm, professionalism and desire. And it also struck me as a kind of humility. Because it seems some of these pro ballers think it's not "cool" to show that kind of enthusiasm you often see from high school or college players.

Anyway, Battier impressed me with that.

13. Fuse

Fuse Member

Vspan offers another dimension to the game that luther doesn't. I personally don't think that luther is dead locked as the backup point guard. Vspan can open up a game, which is something that luther can't - not saying that he's not good. His vision is a gift, not something that you can train. I am sure you realize that, right? Even though I know he is not that favorable in your eyes.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

V-Span's court vision and passing is something that cannot be taught or learned. By the time you reach the NBA, either you have it or you don't. Luther will never have that dimension like V-Span. On the other hand, Luther can shoot, V-Span cannot (at least right now). Other than the position they play, there is little overlap between them.

During the season a lot of things can happen and Luther is definitely not locked into the backup PG position. If V-Span plays better he will move in front. Besides passing, V-Span also brings a defensive intensity Luther does not (IMO). Last season Luther's defense at either guard position was pretty sorry.

It isn't that I'm not favorable to V-Span. That's garbage. I want what's best for the Rockets and I comment on him just like the other players. It just some are so zealous about him they get inflamed and start name-calling like 4th graders. He's the only player on the team that so easily starts a food fight. At least when I call out Chuck Hayes, durvusa doesn't try to run me off the playground nor will he try to stick his tongue out at me if Hayes has a good year. :D

15. Fuse

Fuse Member

Chuck hayes is a limited player. If he only he could be 2 inches taller, he would be our very own ben wallace :D. But alas, that is not the case, so we have a backup that plays his heart out, but certainly doesn't have the talent level to be the best IMO.

Don't worry. I won't jump at you for disagreeing. A intelligent discussion is always welcome, so long as it is not demeaning. :cool: