1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/22/2006 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Fuse

Fuse Member

He is too eager to impress JVG that he is forgetting that duties of a point guard. I would much rather have VSPAN take over as the backup guard at this point. He defends better, and is by far the better playmaker. I would much rather have a turnover due to failed attempts at playmaking, then a change of possession due to a player launching bricks.

I wonder if any of you have noticed, but snyder also tends to look for his shot a lot more, especially when the Yao and T-mac are not around. There is always that hesitation to pass out for him.

2. chonox

chonox Member

hmm agree, V-span is looking like the only authentic ball distributor besides rafer. hopefully JL3 can step up before season starts and give the backup PG position a challenge for V-span, cuz right now v-span is blowing him right outta the water

3. ikfit

ikfit Member

LOL

Who can find that ww II pic?

4. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

I did notice...so did JVG...I believe that is why he called that timeout right in the middle of an offensive set. Snyder had the ball on the wing and had an open Yao in the post, and did not pass him the ball. Seemed like he got chewed out as a result.

5. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

The remarkable thing that no one remarked on was Novak played 22 minutes and got 6 boards! It was mentioned he couldn't play PF because he would be a liability on our team rebounding. Last night he got in there and found a way to get boards. He is appearing to be a smart and well rounded player, not just a shooter. When he bulks up, he will be much better than Air Bullard, who although was a great shooter, seemed much more one dimensional.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am so glad you brought this out, I don't think this kid is "just" a shooter. He has skills. Seems quick to me. He is 6' 10", not exactly a midget out there.

7. Fuse

Fuse Member

I like how he keeps his game simple. No juking, or going between the legs. Just catch, shoot, pass. Sometimes, a player's inadequacies can make him a better player.

8. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Here's the question...would you do a straight up trade for Kyle Korver, salaries equal?

Personally, I would not. Korver is limited to the 3 spot, whereas SuperNova is more versatile. He just needs to prove he can do it in the reg season.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Luther is the backup PG, not V-Span. JL3 is a distant 4th at this point and has completely bombed out so far in the preseason IMO. He isn't ready to challenge anybody for anything. He looks like a 5'11, 165 lb SG masquerading as a PG. I'm not sure he would make the team without his guaranteed contract. At the least he needs to recover his shooting stroke because he's lost trying to be a distributor. He'll be inactive most of the time this season unless injuries hit hard. I've got him tied with Chuck Hayes at #13 on the depth chart after Bonzi comes back.

10. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

That's a horrible eyelid...

12. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Anyone else think it is fake ?

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

fake eyelid ? photoshopped eyelid ?

14. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Does anyone know if R2K will have the highlights to last nights game? Thanks in advance.

15. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

It's already on R2K's "BNBT Tracker Info" webpage.

ALL R2K's video clips are listed on this page. I always check this page instead of looking/asking around on this board. You might want to bookmark it.

16. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

bring on the regular season already :mad:

17. Astroholic

Astroholic Member

Yeah no kidding!

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

As a rookie, I can't start new thread. So here just let you know that rumor is saying that Bonzi Wells well be traded soon. :eek:

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

You are not kidding, are you? :confused:

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Novak's quicker than I thought he would be. He's definately right behind the starting four.