1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Lol protests aren't supposed to make you comfortable

Change doesn't happen that way

I'm not a fan of the looting and destruction myself but I understand it.

It must also be said that without a pandemic and record unemployment, this probably never happens.

The wage slave state part of the equation that keeps this from happening is crumbling.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this racist murderer cop would have done this pandemic or not

Nook, Sanctity, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't make Those People feel guilty for their privilege. They'll brag about voting for Trump when you do!!!!

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm talking about the reaction to it

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No matter anyone’s views on the riots/ protests gone bad: we should all be able to agree this is a wet dream for the Trump campaign, sad to say. He has to love it.

will ultimately suppress black voter turnout, if history is a guide, and keeps some nervous white suburban moderates home in November too, I imagine. GOP with their current lock on power loves any excuse to be the party of “law and order” (sic).

not blaming or judging the tragedy or those involved, ... just talking politics. Fox will be running these scenes for months, with Biden’s name “randomly” in the crawl line of text.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah maybe. The LA ones were pretty nasty. The one that sticks with me is I remember rioters pulling a random truck driver and beating him up

Minnesota is nothing new unfortunately

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you see it suppressing black voter turnout?

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yep. If anything, people will be hell bent on getting their voice heard. I know I will cast my vote no matter how long it will take.

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's how I think but would be interested to hearing his take on it.

Reeko, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I do agree with bob that trump thinks more burning stores /looting and that will help his us vs them that he * thinks * invigorates his base.

Notice none of this is about country or what is right btw to trump its all about november and trying to muster one more vote out of his base. The talk of thugs is an idea trump will try to latch on to.
    Trump is not playing to the 12% black vote anyway so he will say nothing short of overt talk and he is desperate enough to incite full violence as a lame duck.

@generalthade_03 likes to say this virus is warm up I for chicoms and I think this inciting talk is warm up for lame duck incel maga revolution trump will look to start. This is warm up hes going make it all one big nasty shi*t show for november.

By the time we get to november the dogsh**it will be spattered all over every single one of us

mdrowe00, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree completely what the calculus of Trump and cohorts are and I agree this will all over us come Nov.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

When I see that footage, inside my head the opening sequence of "Menace II Society" plays out.

conquistador#11 and RayRay10 like this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

probably for another thread but I keep thinking about how insufferable that lame duck period will be if he loses

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's going to be a shitstorm and it's going to be funny when everybody starts jumping **** and trying to distance themselves.

Talk about triggered.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

“ He was beat up because he was white”- Black man who came to the rescue of Reginald
    I was in that LA riot, fortunately for me I had some experience with the Liberty City/ Overtown Miami riot in 1980 to make a quick turnarounds when I start seeing smokes and fires. I was a young kid fresh out of high school in Miam 1980, I was returning from the beach after a beach volleyball tournament, dropped off my partner who lived close to the area of the riot. When I left his place, the crowd started to pour out in the streets and rocks being thrown everywhere, my truck took a beating, as I was trying to find a path to haul ass out of there, I saw this white Chevy Chevette that stopped in the middle of the street. The car was riddled by rocks, the body was dented, broken windows, windshield. I pulled up and inside the car was this woman in her 30s, she was bleeding from her head by the shattered glass and she was holding on to her little girl and they both were crying. I didn’t care that I could be next, I got out of my truck and got pelted multiple times with rocks but I managed to pull both of them out of their car and into my truck. It took me another 2 hours to maneuver the areas before we made it to Jackson Memorial hospital. I was treated for cuts and bruises but that Cuban woman lost a lot of blood through her head wounds, her little girl thankfully was ok. She had to stay in the hospital while they released me, I took the little girl home to her father. That riot was the nastiest before the LA riot, around 18-20 died, 3 of them could have been that Cuban mother, her child and me.

IBTL and JumpMan like this.
  17. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

This story was included in the "Cocaine Cowboys" DVD as a bonus feature?

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I wish this was made up man. One of the ugliest shiets that happened to our country. I still kept in touch with that little girl all these years, her parents have passed.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That riot stemmed from a shootout at a shopping center in Dade county.. The protestors were protesting that the city of Miami and law enforcement allowed the city to become reigned by the different Cocaine cartels, hence "Cocaine Cowboys". In this case the citizens were complaining about lawlessness and non-enforcement.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member