1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lets all have a stark reminder that this country was FOUNDED during a riot where that riot led to the destruction of a million dollars in property which God knows how destructive that would be in modern times.

Nowadays in the history books we don't see condemnation of the Boston Tea Party rioters. We talk about why they were doing it.

And shame on the right wingers here who for years applauded a group that even invoked the name "Tea Party".

Now... nobody here I see actually thinks its a good thing that Arbys and Target are in flames, and manikins are stolen, etc. But that's not the point. The point is this is what happens in this country and really most countries in the world when they have this level of injustice. Rather than speaking all high and mighty, I would encourage our fellow Trump supporters here to just stop with the sudden case of more authority, and wonder WHY THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING? Think about that the next time your cult leader tells you to be angry at black athletes or feeds racist tropes at you that you gobble up like Turkey on Thanksgiving.

You have no moral authority here when your culture of White Nationalism or whatever you want to call it is a big part of the problem that leads to this type of lashing out as a cry for change.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol you and Bobobrek are trying the "gotcha" hypocritical angle. It will never work with somebody of my intellect.

Kap's protests were distasteful in the fact that they disrespected the national anthem and all who have fought and died for our freedoms. I would have preferred he find another place to do his protests.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  3. WNBA

WNBA Member

The HK protests were riots too. Why US government supporting the rioters there?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The 2nd Amendment kind of implies rebellion, doesn't it?

The founding fathers were all about that ****.

I remember a few years ago right wingers were all about that "The tree of liberty..." and "Don't tread on me..." so they should be supporting this.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry you have no room to talk about this issue that will lead to a productive discussion. We've been through this hundreds of times.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So much for being 100% good with peaceful protests, that didn't last long I guess.

Richie_Rich, Yung-T, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Do you have an email address? Potential peaceful protesters can run their ideas by you next time to make sure you approve.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's a lie, and you know that. You know Kap's intent, and where the idea came from. That information is readily available. You also know that you do not support peaceful protests as you lied about initially unless it benefits causes you are politically aligned to.

There's just no way to take you seriously in this discussion and it's obvious you are just here to help propagate a whataboutism technique to move the story away from an authoritarian police state that takes aim at communities of color.

We all know what you are doing here in the forum today, and I hope every person sees what you are doing for what it is.

Yung-T, Reeko, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this tweet earlier. I was there at Ghandi Mahal last night and not all the owners are so OK with the building being burnt down. One of them was putting out small fires and even took a bat with him when he thought someone might be breaking in.

Buck Turgidson and RayRay10 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You wasted a lot of words to say "you got me, I am a hypocrite and criticized Kaepernick's peaceful form of protect."

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Here's some pics from last night. The first is me in protective gear.
    [​IMG]
    This is people partying in Target parking lot at the beginning of the protest.
    [​IMG]
    Someone being treated while Minnehaha liquors burns in the background.
    [​IMG]
    Minnehaha liquors and the 3rd Precinct burns.
    [​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Nook, Yung-T and 9 others like this.
  13. likestohypeguy

^RJ that is the Indian restaurant that burned above? Any after pics of it?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I saw a video clip earlier of some people driving around in a car yelling "SHOOT THE WHITE FOLK".. What the hell is that gonna do?

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I haven't been down there yet and probably won't be able to. Where the CNN reporters were arrested is right around the corner from there.

Yung-T, likestohypeguy and RayRay10 like this.
  16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Stay tune commie, Mr Trump will give you his take on your precious ChiCom party and WinnieTheFlu shortly.

17. generalthade_03

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That speaks volumes of where we are at as a society.

That is a shitload of cops.

Nook, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  19. generalthade_03

We have the best reporting here in the bbs. Judoka is doing a much better job than CNN.

JumpMan likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So with your intellect, do you not know the meaning of 100% or do you not know the meaning of peaceful? Regardless of the "distastefulness" of Kaepernick's and the other players protests, they were peaceful.

Nook, Reeko, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.