1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon is not a good trade asset

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 6, 2019.

1. alethios

alethios Member

So, do you want to trade him or keep him? Not being a smartass, just wondering where you lean.

I think if we find a suitable trading partner and he nets us a player of equal or greater value, we will no longer be concerned about his shortcomings or his attitude. The problem is that his contract is Tilman-friendly and whoever we get in return could put us further into luxury tax.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well . It depends haha .

I don't think he's a great trade asset , so generally that would mean that I want to keep him ... vs trading him for low value.

I just made this thread , not to say I don't like EG.... but to say that I don't think we can get very much for him .

He's worth more to good teams and good teams generally aren't sellers . EG isn't a good piece for a rebuilding team or a team stuck in the middle ..... in my opinion at least

alethios and HP3 like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Fact of the matter is Gordon would be a great asset on another team. PHX just traded Ryno for Tyler Johnson and Ellington when the Rockets couldn't give this guy away.

Rockets couldn't trade anyone if they tried. And they are trying.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Hawks is not interested in overpaying John Collins. (PF, 22 years old)

Stats:
    33 minutes, 22 points, 10 Rebounds and fg3% at 41.1%

Thought experiment (Morey is the best trader in the nba)
    Kings land Gordon, 2022 First, 2023 swap and 2027 swap.
    Rockets land John Collins
    Kings send a trade package to Hawks
    Add salary when needed.

#44 BigBum, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

he did in New Orleans. They still hate him because he played like he didn’t want to be there and he didn’t. He wa mad at the pelicans front office for matching the contract offer that Ohineix offered him. He told them he didn’t want to play for them and they resigned him anyway and he held a grudge for a long time against that franchises

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This cut deep.
    We gotta stop bumping old threads. Don’t care about proving people right or wrong anymore, this hurts.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

shiieeettt, I was speaking facts

EG is a chump, I can’t wait until his bum ass is gone

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol I don’t even remember making this thread

I think I maintain that EG is more valuable to us than he is to most other teams .

His contract coming up isn’t horrible , but it’s like average 18.5 mil through 4 years . That’s like 3rd best player on contender level salary.

indeed , he is our number 3 highest paid going forward I think , isnt Covington cheaper ?

Let’s just hope he can find his form at the right time , it’s a possibility, but not one I have great confidence in .

Best case scenario is jazz game was a preview and he is our secret X factor :)

his contract isn’t so bad that he can’t be moved , and maybe even be of some value ... I just don’t think he’s a “good” trade asset

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Eric Gordon is good maybe once every 10 games

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So is Eric Gordon a good trade value OP?

11. fattz

fattz Member

Anything can be moved if one is willing to take on worse that what one already has. Gordon value has dropped this season like the current stock market has. Gordon’s value has changed for our team too with the addition of Westbrook.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Gordon and Corey Brewer are at the same level right now.

Gordon is the reason for rockets losing 5 seed more than the worst of dirty Jimmy!

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude dropped 50 against one of the best defensive teams in the league and we won a game without Harden and Westbrook. Pretty sure he still has value. Just need him healthy and in rhythm.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

that 50 was a huge fluke...he’s been a huge embarrassment this year...absolute garbage

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Every player Morey pays big money to turns into a negative asset

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t know man. It’s pretty bad. (Btw I’m sure you know this but the 4th year isn’t guaranteed so it’s only three)
    But even so, I can’t imagine a team wanting that unless they give up a player they don’t want, and I don’t see us out there wanting someone that isn’t helping their current team that is locked up for three more years at around $17M.

Like you said, he’s more valuable to us. I also don’t even know if he’s friends with anyone in this league. I wish he was buddy buddy with Durant and Kyrie and maybe convince Brooklyn to take him.
    If we had first round picks to attach then it wouldn’t be so tough to find a taker.

17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I'll always love Ego for how he brought it against the Super Dubs but he's really looking fatter and washed. Hoping he still has one more solid playoffs left in him.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s been hurt and in and out of the lineup. He’s always been more of a second half of the season player. Fluke or not, how many players in the league can score 50 in a game. It’s not a lot.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Please bump this thread next time EG is in a slump !

HP3 likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Given the Rockets’ track record, I wouldn’t be surprised if Morey/Fertitta trade EGO and, say, Hartenstein and/or a 1st, whatever, and find an upgrade at some spot. (Maybe not luxury tax savings this time?)

I like Eric Gordon when he’s on but those gd injuries. Plus, you can replace a lot of what he gives with someone who costs less.