1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fascist tries to kill civilians for political beliefs/Most media ignores it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 12, 2020.

1. foh

foh Member

What else is number one priority besides motherland in any country in the world?

You ever read the"For whom the Bell tolls"? You have there Communists and fascists as distinct entities. All your effort to protect your face with pseudo intellectualism is annoying and dumb.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again, you seem to just skip over entire sentences and paragraphs I type and just superimpose a caricature of a "liberal" you get spammed with in your YouTube feed listening to Steven Crowder all day.

I specifically said there exists no such thing as a pure capitalist system and we all live in mixed economic systems. I never have once advocated for communism as I believe people have the right to private property.

My belief is that there are a select few commodities such as education, defense and healthcare that shouldn't be profit motivated as they have inelastic demand.

So stop beating up strawmen.

Russia isn't a communist nation today, and is under fascist regime. Turkey isn't communist and is creeping towards a fascist regime.

Fascism can occur under a regulated capitalist system also. All it requires is the public believing in one man over all our government institutions.

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again both have different ideologies.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

individuals.

...and that is not a definition.

5. foh

foh Member

We don't start wars over individuals, hence motherland is way more important. Be practical for God's sake. Trump sh*ts on your individualism every time he bullies his political opponent or uses his wink wink racist comments to stereotype people based on whatever serves his purpose at the time.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have more personal freedom than you even realize. The state lets you choose your path.

Also wars are usually started for complex reasons... I don't think it is so simple as for the motherland.

7. foh

foh Member

In your definition if you combine patriotism and public means of production, you become a fascist.
    And I say that every country is patriotic all around the world.
    If you agree with me, then you also agree that calling communism fascism serves no practical purpose (hence no one ever does that besides you it seems)

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The political violence discussed previously is a fascist action via your definition. Do you retract your definition?

A tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Those are the actions of a person who has a tendency toward strong autocratic control.

First he desires to kill and intiodate his polotical opponents and to take control by force.

Second he desires autocratic control as evidenced by his actions to take away the open and free speech necessary for civil society. He instead used force to control people into his vision and political will.

Now these actions are the actions of both communists and fascists because the is clearly a relationship. No they are not the same thing. People also don't usually call themselves fascists. They say nazi or communist. Because fascism is used to describe a certain level of support for the state and its control. This is prominent across different ideologies, including communism.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nazi and communism is apples and oranges.

One tells me about their moral principles and the other tells me about their economic philosophy.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't agree... patriotism is devotion to a country but it is not making it a priority over the individual. One of the reasons many are patriotic is because they can practice and focus on individulism because of the freedom in America. You can choose to make the usa a priority over you if you want by the way...

also look up red fascism... i am not the first to realize the connection

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are different... that was my point

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Just because fascist use authoritarian methods does not mean communism is fascism. The use of authoritarianism does not make all communists fascist as your claim.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

while neither of us have phds in political science, i am pretty damn sure that’s not what fascism is.

it is a right wing authoritative movement with roots based in Italy. Even Mussolini’s description was in the right and all of the first fascists were on the right. No where were they about the community but rather the advancement of the nation through militarism

i think you are confusing communism and fascism.

#253 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  14. foh

foh Member

It's quite hypocritical for you to talk to us about patriotism in America for the individualism that US stands for when you won't even vote in the democratic process because you don't believe in the politicians representing us. Society and its government are very closely intertwined. If you don't participate in governing, you can't act all righteous about American values it would seem to me.

I'm not interested in the general definition mud swinging - this is not a history class here. Let's get to the core of this argument:

Was Gregory Timm a Stalinist (who you claim to be a red fascist)? (Stalin btw was ethnically Georgian making it difficult for him to fight for the Russian culture in a nationalistic sense).

Unless you are sure that the perp is Authoritarian Nationalist, you can't call him a fascist. Isn't that right? Knowing that he hates Trump (who is the biggest authoritarian loving figure in our government currently), it seems that Gregory Timm is not an authoritarian in his direct beliefs and thus is not a fascist. So you misused the term.

AleksandarN and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

First:
    Hypocritical? I vote when I want to. That is freedom... sometimes I even vote third party... but really I don't have to support either candidate. That is American freedom at its best. You can't actually say there is anything wrong with that. We are not compelled to vote. It's not mandatory. So spare me your lecture. Plus you don't want me to vote, because if forced, I would pick Trump at this point unless I am convinced otherwise.

Second:
    Now, did you mean mud slinging? Not sure what you're on about.

As for Greg:
    I never said he was a red fascist. The communist and fascism debate was a side argument we were having when you interjected. I don't know for sure if he is a red fascist but I am willing to be he is. Do you know about his political views? Also we are using what we know combined with his political violence to establish him as a fascist. Not that he is a red fascist though he might very well be. Bernie supporter I am sure, who is nothing short of a communist, and Greg likely considers himself part of the "revolution."

Finally: Please provide a definition of fascism instead of making your own. I use merriam webster: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.

Notice he shows his tendancy and support of autocratic control by trying to silence his opposition with violence... no better example. I will explain more later if time permits but please study autocracy in the mean time.

16. foh

foh Member

Since you capitalized the term, you should use the first definition from MW, which involves racism.
    Also I didn't know that every road rage out there is a political-philosophical statement of Fascism.
    Good to know. Enjoy the rest of your fascinating day.

AleksandarN likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Has anyone ever seen jopat and dashoulda in the same room?

Regardless, this is possibly the absolute dumbest ****ing multi-page argument in the history of the bbs.

Carry on.

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and AleksandarN like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, you can't actually just pick one. You have to be open to all of the definition or else you are cherry picking and not actually behind intellectually honest about the meaning of that word. Both definitions are valid. It sounds like you just don't want to get it. It is OK to relax a bit and say oh I didn't know there were more ways that word is used. Also, road rage is a false comparison because it's not political violence. This was clearly something else.

Oh and thanks I will enjoy my day. Enjoy your day too.

#258 dachuda86, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are cherry picking your fascism. It is not limited to the right-wing and goes beyond Mussolini's Italy. Ultra-nationalist communist movements do exist as well. It is part of the package with communism actually to put the state at the center of everything. And you don't need a phd in poly sci to read a dictionary and read about history. Your argument is bunk, comrade. Oh and what I just said is according to just one definition of fascism. It has others as well, which you should read before you go spraying more nonacademic nonsense.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Strawman. Authoritarianism is about obedience to a power and the enforcement of strict rules. Communism involves authoritarianism actually but that's not my argument. My argument is that communism, when put into practice, aligns with the definition of fascism. That said, communism leads to a fascist state. The people who support it support fascistic methods to create that state and manage it (extreme political violence for example;revolution; gulags; etc.). The communist state always exalts the state above the individual. It inevitably has a centralized autocratic government with typically a dictatorial leader or at the very best a totalitarian autocracy in some other fashion. Communists also exercise strong autocratic control in all cases when it flares up like a terrible case of Herpes infecting the planet. Now go ahead and stomp your feet some more and tell me I'm wrong without making a real argument yourself, or just fabricate mine so you can feel smart.