1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fascist tries to kill civilians for political beliefs/Most media ignores it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 12, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And how does what I say contradict with my statement?

#201 fchowd0311, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I defer to your superior knowledge

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that sounds more like authoritarian-nationalism to me. its also an exact description of donald trump and his supporters.

by definition, isnt fascism when government controls industry? it is authoritarian, but there is an economic component to it too.

#203 jo mama, Feb 18, 2020
    AleksandarN likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh I just thought you'd get a little laugh.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Fascism and communism is not the same. Seriously you are either a troll playing dumb or you really are not intelligent.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

folks in this thread are trying to do too much heavy lifting with "by definition." Fascism as a concept is not amenable to strict definition . . . it is a decent example of what philosophers sometimes refer to as an "open concept." One could try to point ostensively to different examples of "fascism" to see what they all seem to share in common, and this is perhaps the best way to "define" fascism. But one can't simply define the term, unless it is to stipulate what you yourself (or anyone else) means by use of the term.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

I love how me just expressing my opinion to you is a dick measuring contest. You just replied to someone doing the same thing... Attempting to correct them with your percieved definitions.

So I guess you're just projecting.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

dude, you stated to me the following:

and I replied that I admired the depth of your worldly experience as an ex-Marine not to mention your intellectual vigor and acumen as a graduate student in a STEM field. How could I possibly measure up to the example you set for all of us here on a daily basis??? if you say it's utilitarianism then it's utilitarianism . . . who am I to argue?

TheresTheDagger and dachuda86 like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Running a van into an empty tent isn't fascism. It doesn't matter whether or not the driver was right-wing or left-wing.

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

You're really offended aren't you.

Go argue dude. Go explain why you think I'm wrong. That's part of a discussion. How many times have you corrected someone with what you percieve to be correct?

You're the one who always brings in poster poo flinging banter.

#210 fchowd0311, Feb 18, 2020
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I covered that earlier. Yes the event is a demonatration that resulted from fascist ideology. The actions are the evience. Read my earlier posts for my full take.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are not the same... not all fascists are communists but all communists are fascists. I have used your definition and my own now and both solidiy my point. You have to bring something better or just get over yourself. You have no argument.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you covered earlier and again in this post is that you don't understand what fascism actually is.

14. fchowd0311

And what does pure capitalism entail? The consolidation of property and wealth over time to a small group of people where they gain a authoritarian influence on how the government functions. Hence why no country has a pure capitalist system and has checks on capitalism. Every economic system eventually consolidates influence and power hence why there needs to be a representative government of the people. Unfortunately we are loosing that system of a government representative of the people. We have a government representative of corporate interests from regulatory capture to evading paying their fair share of taxes by having a disproportionate influence on writing the tax code relative to the common citizen.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have to conclude that you are not reading it or perhaps you don't understand fascism. Just what do you think it is? And please look at the definitions provided earlier. I honestly doubt you read any of that. I so far have been the only one explaining and working with academic definitions. You are just going off your feelings like everyone else. So yeah you don't actually understand what fascism is. It is not taught well in the education system so I don't blame you if you only grasp what fascism looked like in Italy under Mussolini or in Hitler's Germany.

16. fchowd0311

There are many academic definitions. The best we can do like @Os Trigonum suggested is merely find the most common traits of fascist regimes in history and that's what I've been doing. So I suggest reading my posts.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ok but I explained how my view matches the definition. You all bark I don't know what I am talking about but that is not an actual rebuttal. I don't think feeling or just pointing to some traits is enough. Use a real credible source like a dictionary and argue your points.You all get upset that I jab at people but honestly no one is debating with anything on my level. Just saying I am wrong is not an argument. Deal with it.

18. fchowd0311

Use a dictionary? We all know the "dictionary definition" of fascism. There are many as there is more than one dictionary and like most words with complex implications, the definitions are subjective. The common theme from most dictionaries is a consolidation of power into an authoritarian entity with strong ultra nationalistic tendencies. That's my "aggregate" definition that I think most will agree with and I believe it's the most common trait shared amongst all fascist regimes of the past.

You made a statement that "all communists are fascists". And I'm merely stating according to your logic, all capitalists are fascists also.

#218 fchowd0311, Feb 18, 2020
    foh likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Capitaliam doesn't advocate the creation of a state. Communism always does because that is the only way to enact it. You got it wrong.

Also nice try making your own definition of fascism. Real scholarly. Superior wisdom?

20. fchowd0311

The creation of a state? Excuse me but there will always be a entity that exerts authority. Capitalists desire it because then how will they protect their property? Capitalism unchecked forms monopolies which then eventually controls most means of production which is a consolidation of power. Hence why there is no such thing as a pure capitalist society.