1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Danphony gotta go

Slimfa and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you. Capela is who he is at this point. That’s why if I could get Covington and someone like Richaun Holmes (once he returns from his shoulder injury in a week or two) or Nerlens Noel in a three-team deal, I’d take it. The Rockets need a Robert Covington type player more than Clint (provided a competent rim-running, athletic center is part of the deal).

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sums up Toyota Center tonight :oops:

4. realonemo

realonemo Member

Capela has to be dealt if a move is to be made. Don't see how trading 10 minimum guys to get a player makes any sense.He still has value but they need to make a move now or it's a wasted season imo. We really have no choice because EG is untradeable.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not surprised. One team is dominating the conference and the other team is playing like complete crap.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea...we need Mohawk Harden back...this headband stuff has got to go.

bro2044 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hartenstein is not there yet, not as agile running and finishing as Clint.

Had they developed another Center, CC would already be on his way out.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. SORF

SORF Member

That looks like Laker fans were in the club seats....is that correct? Those seats are over $200-350 retail, much more scalped.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

The lob game also helps Harden, if you take away that you also hit James, just saying. And it's not true he always struggles against good bigs, he had great games and playoff series against Gobert, Towns, Embiid, Jokic...these are actually the best centers in the league.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'd be all for the trade. I like Capela, and he's had a good season so far. But to me, he's a very limited center. You could get another 7ff plus defensive minded center in and we'd be no worse off... and we'd probably be more protected in the paint. We could get 2 to 3 decent guys for Capela. The best time doing it is now whilst he's still playing somewhat well. Any top teams in the east would easily take him and give us a great trade value in my opinion.

BasketMAD, Crashlanded19 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is a sad funk we’re in. :(

DeBeards, bro2044, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s a funk, for sure, but it’s also just not a good basketball team.

bmelo likes this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Capela struggles against physical centers and teams that take away the lob. Nobody is saying he sucks, either. But, the reality is, he’s the only real attractive trade asset the Rockets have this season, and it’s harder to acquire elite 3&D wings in today’s NBA than guys that can provide 60-70% of what Capela does.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not saying CP3 is much better, but they got even more TO prone and less disciplined with his departure.

Constructed as an old, short and little talented team on the bench, not a surprise.

Teams with better talent in the Front court and Defense will prevail.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I love this man ^^^

Cod any News? I'm on the Mr. T.F. Landry's Sucks train until he builds something that doesn't embarass us.

I am ok with trading Capella if we can find a decent defensive big man. The Center position is just a lost cause these days and Clint has hit his ceiling in today's NBA.

#1355 tycoonchip, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People harped on CP3’s injury concerns and ignored his coaching, leadership, efficiency, and defense. People also ignored the significant assets we sent out, and how they could have been better spent elsewhere to improve the team.

It was not hard to see this team had no shot at contending. I have to admit, though...I expected better than this. This team has quit. MDA has quit. I would say that changes must be made, but given our owner and our asset situation, who really even thinks changes would matter?

daywalker02 and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He may have had good “stats”, but take a closer look at them. He is not getting the ball on the block making post moves and dominating. He is getting a bunch of passes from James when the C rotated over to help.

I like Clint, I want to keep him so I’m not blaming him for the recent woes, BUT I can see the weaknesses in his game. He has not developed his post moves and has trouble scoring in the post in 1/1 situations. We need real help at the F spots is what we need.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Y’all heard @Codman whoever gets love is going to win.

Just pull the damn trigger already morey.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Well, the regular season was never our Achilles heel. It was the postseason. And when the reg season was a problem, harden could put us on his back and that masked the problems until the postseason.