1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I think Clint is capable of more, maybe you don't

Regardless, let's agree to disagree.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not referring to you.

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A Gorgui Dieng screen broke P.J. Tucker. It’s fairly obvious he’s been trying to tough out his shoulder injury this week.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea lol hopefully but Morey’s hands are tied imo, to me it was to show Tillman how bad this team really is when Harden isn’t taking more shots. Someone said he took only 19. Didn’t he take 20 3point attempts the other day before he went into this mode.

idk if it’s real or not but I do hope they are trying to send a message to the ownership then they can let Morey try to get us some help. But as long as this owner is as tight, obnoxious and stubborn as he is this team will go nowhere

#1324 cerophilik, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    BigShasta and DeBeards like this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup he was traded there

amaru likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

Capela just isn’t tough enough. He has been around long enough that he should understand the importance of going up strong in traffic, but tonight was another example of him playing soft in the paint.

amaru and Sajan like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree he can do more, not to say he had a great game, but i wouldn't say he has been bad either, if he was bad by posting those numbers while being also one of the only two/three guys who played some sort of defense...i'd actually say pretty much everyone of our guys is capable of more of what they did in this game.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yup. Capela has peaked and he is weak. Also prepare for him to disappear in the playoffs.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

When your top player and former MVP cant manage to shoot a halfway decent percentage, then it will be tough to compensate.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, I agree. He should have been more aggressive with them. He could have been a lot better.

But my point is that Harden created better offense for us while he was on the floor and more consistently. Once they adjusted to Westbrook in the second half our offense took a big hit combine that with Harden not being aggressive enough with doubles...and there you go.

Yea I think I agree, honestly they look dead out there. Its like Im watching the husk of a team whos completely gassed. And we dont have help...and we need it.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

Gordon can’t be traded until the offseason. If I were Morey, I’d be shopping Capela to see if I could find a deal where I get an elite 3&D small forward or power forward and a competent center replacement before February 6th. Otherwise, I’m giving up the necessary contract filler and picks for Robert Covington. The Rockets can’t afford to simply wait and hope they can get a Marvin Williams via the buyout market.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It was liberating choosing not to watch tonight. The last few weeks have left such a sour taste in my mouth, that I'm going to try to hold off until after the All-Star break. It's more for me, I get so upset and they're so unwatchable that theres not joy even in their victories lately.

I looked tonight at my watch and saw we had a 9pt lead. I liked that, but knew it meant nothing. Sure enough, late 3rd were down 9. Oh well. I see now we had a 17pt 3rd quarter..... classic. 30+pts every other quarter, but one complete letdown that we couldn't overcome playing like sht for 25% of the game. Oh well. What a shame. I really want something special for Houston and all of us as fans, but this team... my god.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm blaming the braids on this, I've had braids before, they are tight as _____ and if you're not used to them they are very uncomfortable.

I don't know what else to blame but ever since those braids he hasn't looked the same. He's still a great player, but before then it looked like he could drop 50 in his sleep, doubles or no.

MrSabotage, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm for trading Capela for the right move. I think he's easier to replace, he's a good player though, but man he has to go up and dunk the ball. That's like 60% of his issue and getting blocked at the rim. Just go up and dunk it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Capela doesn’t have the game. We’ve all seen him get the ball on the block and look out of sorts. That’s why G St and other teams with good bigs shut him down easily. He only scores off lobs from James and a offensive rebound every now and then. I like Clint but he is not helping when we need it.

Sajan and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is just not tall or strong enough, not confident on court.

Off court he is the OG, tweeting about beating GSW.

BigShasta and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kevin Love

18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He's always been soft in the paint. He never protects it all that well. And although he's been pretty good and consistent this year, I honestly feel any other 7ft strong center could do the same job as him, especially with Harden and Westbrook passing you the alley-oops.

We do need a 7ft plus strong defensive center. We also need a 6ft 9 plus defensive power forward to help in the paint and with the rebounds. If we had decent owners or a decent coach, the supporting cast wouldn't be the way it is now.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  19. SORF

SORF Member

Well, Smh to you too. Harden only struggled at the 3 point line tonight. He averages 5-6 threes made per game. Tonight he was 2-9. But he was also 6-11FG (inside the 3-pt line)...that's better than 50%.

What is hurting Harden is the double teaming that opposing teams are doing now.

#1339 SORF, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  20. DVauthrin

In an ideal world, the Rockets wouldn’t have to trade their best young player to improve, but Fertitta’s decisions to force management to use assets to shed the luxury tax the last two years has left Morey with very few options.

Gray_Jay and JayGoogle like this.