1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seventh Democratic Debate JAN2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DreamShook, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wish Yang was there.

I thought Steyer and Pete were strong.

Still puzzled how these old fogies are polling so well. They're terrible.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, that is a rough night that drives someone to this thread.

KingCheetah and DreamShook like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Biden just never seems to be able to get the words out without sputtering. It’s like he’s got a short circuit in there somewhere. His brain and mouth seem to run at different speeds.

ElPigto, B-Bob, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Feel like this would be a huge problem for Biden in debates if he's the dem nominee.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why are never ending wars and tax cuts for millionaires realistic but helping poor and middle class Americans is not? Fear and greed over improving the lives of tens of millions of people.

subtomic likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Biden has had a life long stuttering problem. As someone with a speech impediment I can relate.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Even in 2008 Biden always had a penchant for saying the wrong thing and putting his foot in his mouth. It's only gotten worse over time.

There's no way Trump doesn't win in 2020. Dems are busy infighting (I work in campaigns rn on the Dem side and I can tell you it's a cluster****) whereas all of the GOP- both here in DC and all around the country- are collacesing around my Trump. Hell, my parents think Trump is insane and needs to be impeached but both have told me they'd rather have Trump over a Democrat because, and I quote, "I'm tired of walking on eggshells (meaning they don't want to admit they don't like Muslims, Blacks, or Latinos).

At the end of the day, Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line. We're getting AT LEAST another 4 years of a GOP White House until the Democrats get another FDR, JFK, Clinton, Obama type who can rally both union member working class whites AND old school liberals on the east coast AND Jews AND blacks AND latinos etc. etc.

The GOP has it easy. They can always double down on being the party of white Midwesterners and bankers. The democratic party has to court literally every other socioeconomic group which is an impossible task

JumpMan and Exiled like this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

Funding the wars and tax cuts wasn't realistic. It's why we have a $23 trillion dollar debt and a $1 trillion dollar deficit.

Democrats need to cut spending/raise enough revenue to not only 1. Eliminate the deficit and from what I've heard tonight 2. Fund The green new deal, M4A, universal child care, eliminate student debt, universal free college, improve primary and secondary education... the list goes on...

I don't see how they are going to be able to do all those things at the same time and come up with the money for it.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. CometsWin

It wasn't realistic and yet it's been done by every President since Reagan, minus Clinton I suppose and Obama to a much lesser extent. That's $23t that could have been used to fund a single payer health care program and universal college and eliminate student debt and address climate change etc. So again the question is, why can we afford to fight endless wars and cut taxes for millionaires but we can't afford to help tens of millions of Americans in their lives? Do you think a Republican is going to change any of that dynamic? No and how do we know? History. We can afford fear and greed but not health care and education. Deficits and debt don't matter until a Democrat wants to stop fighting wars and start taking care of Americans.

da_juice, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Ok cool rant. Feel better?

We are $23 trillion in debt with a $1 trillion dollar deficit and listening to candidates propose massive levels of spending to address multiple massive issues all at the same time. So I'll ask again, where do we get the money to pay for all that? Or are you adding all that to the debt?

Corrosion likes this.
  11. CometsWin

You illustrate my point.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also the long term benefits of having these programs that allow for more Americans to not suffer from bankruptcy from medical bills, having routine check ups and have preventive care, fresh college grads not having to set aside 400 dollars a month in loan payments stimulates the economy more by having consumers have more free disposable income to spend on products and services which allows for more job growth, higher salaries etc that then generate more tax revenue.

Nook and CometsWin like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#CNNisTrash is trending and not from conservatives, lol.

ElPigto, B-Bob, KingCheetah and 2 others like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao

B-Bob and Astrodome like this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If Iowans can’t see that Klobuchar is the clear choice then...it makes sense because Biden and Pete are viable too...but in my mind I’m unwavering with my support of Amy after tonight’s performance. She’s tough, logical, gobbles up support in state-wide elections time after time, works well with republicans, and hails from the important Midwest.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yet another debate where Klobuchar came across as the most electable and most prepared....and it won't matter. People just don't "get it" with her. It's actually quite annoying.

ElPigto, Jayzers_100 and B-Bob like this.
  17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

And Pete was close to invisible. The writing is on the wall: after Iowa and NH, he's toast.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Looks like all 3 of Amy's fans are juiced on how she killed her last debate!

B-Bob likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For @dachuda86 and @MojoMan

lulz.

jiggyfly, KingCheetah and Commodore like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member