1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Washed up" Chris Paul is the best clutch player in the NBA and will be in All-Star Game this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Cmon man this is just fluff.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden won an mvp because cp3 helped the team win 65 games and almost a ring. GTFO with your nonsense

HP3, tycoonchip and YOLO like this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No one cares....Paul is not a Rocket...and has good games here and there. WASHED.

D-rock, jojolover and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

how is it fluff when he's motivated playing with his child hood friend and he's glad CP3 is gone getting his 17 OKC clutch points not having to deal with his past 2 years of injuries having to play 40 minutes a game anymore? Harden is glad Russ is here and CP3 isn't..otherwise CP3 and that's really at the heart of what matters no fluff

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"would you prefer EG or CP3" on your team wou'dve been a better thread in my opinion...both been injury prone and can impact games around the same....although I think EG's ceiling is still higher if he keeps playing this way...just for chits and giggles cuz this thread is Dead...but i guess it's better than re-living jeremy lin lol

#245 PhiSlamma15, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Its fluff because Harden can play this well with or without Westbrook(or Paul), dude is the best basketball player in the world. And honestly im getting tired of the complete lack of respect for CP. You guys dont have to slander him to justify this trade.

Blurr#7 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

he played well with CP3 with Arriza and Moute on the sqad and fully healthy yea but Harden wants Russ here and not him for a reason but I guess this thread is better than than the Jeremy Lin thread...I'd take EG of CP3 IF CP3 keeps playing this way also

HP3 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

You’re posting about him so apparently you do.

HP3 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. Sick of reading all the bs some of these garbage posters want to be stretch Armstrong

HP3 likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You do realize Harden is playing more minutes this season than either CP3 year, right?

But you do have one thing right.

The lone aspect of this trade that Houston and it fans should consider a win, SO FAR, is the fact that it seems that this is what Harden wanted.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yep I feel ya on that but I guess it's better than reading about jeremy lin

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea I wasn't factoring in the back to backs Russ gets a day off "for now" but only by these guys getting long breaks when they play together..lets see how this ends

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Who was better CP3 or Jer... oh let me stop lol

14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I debated you this before and even friends of mine always bring this up..I don't get the fascination with CP. Is he still a good player? Yea I mean hes playing better this year than last year for sure but he wasn't enough to deliver a chip and you had the sample in front of you vs KD less Warriors. Westbrook brings Rebounding, Athleticism, better drive/Hustle, Pace and more durable over the last few seasons. Both had pros/cons but you always take a 31 year old player over 34 especially if their overall effect is similar and the ceiling remains higher with Westbrook

15. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

This.

No Hate on CP3. I'm still a fan, I still wear my CP Rockets tee. But it remains to be seen if he can even make it through this season or let alone a deep playoff run. I disagree with people when they say he's washed up, because he is still very good. It's his Hammy's I'm worried about lol.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah not really. there's no telling what would of happened especially when the only team that stood in the rockets way is no longer there. and we already know how good the rockets team could be with cp3/harden together. the sample size of a few games only applies to cp3? what about everyone else, oh wait the agenda doesn't work that way. people just try to tell themselves things to make them feel better, no matter what it is

@ me when they reach the same kind of stretch we've seen previously from this team first. that's step 1, then you can talk after

17. sheb

sheb Member

Can we just pick this up after the postseason
    Let’s see what happens

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People here just can't move on from CP3.. can't blame them, LOF can hardly move on from Linsanity.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

L
    i mean you’re kinda proving the point, comparing a scrub to a top 3 pg all time and someone who gave the rockets their best RS in history and took the most stacked team in history to 7 games. Yea man..totally legit comparison

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Comparing Chris Paul to Jeremy Lin is a ban-worthy offense