1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My guy, I ignored everything else because I'm in a perpetual state of wtf reading what you are typing. I'm not about this D&D life.

I'm not a Tulsi supporter for the record. Tulsi is going on FOX news because whenever she goes on CNN or MSNBC they ask her the same tired questions subverting anything she says of substance.

lose my number.

DonnyMost, mick fry and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick, Os Trigonum and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This lane..........
    [​IMG]

mick fry, B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

5. Nook

Nook Member

Tulsi is going on Fox news because she wants to get that Fox show with Sara Palin off the ground.

B-Bob, FrontRunner and baller4life315 like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

I think the issue is that we could make a fairly convincing case that each of Biden, Pete, Warren, and Sanders has no route to win, and yet, almost certainly one of them will. So something has to give. I believe outside of 1992, no one who's ever lost both Iowa and NH has gone on to win a Dem nomination - that race was weird with 4 different people winning the first 4 states (none of them being Clinton). Clinton, oddly, only won 1 out of the first *11* states.

I agree Pete's likely to crater after the first two states, but the current lack of black support is overrated in my opinion. His favorabiility ratings are OK there - it's just the most common response is "don't know enough". But the unfavorables aren't a warning sign for him at this point - there are just plenty of other better options. But what happens if those options start looking suspect? If Biden finishes 2nd in Iowa/NH, I think he's 100% fine. But if he finishes 4th in both, for example, what happens? I guess Bloomberg is now a real possibility there.

DonnyMost, FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would watch that. Don't judge me.

B-Bob, Sajan, Os Trigonum and 3 others like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I'm just glad you are posting again.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

i don’t see a credible argument that Biden CANT win the primary.

10. Major

Major Member

Sorry - I was more thinking IF he loses Iowa and NH and especially if he finishes in 3rd or 4th. Let's say its Pete, Sanders, Warren, Biden. His biggest argument is about electability, and if he can't even finish in the top 2 or 3 in a primary where there's been a year-long detailed evaluation of candidates - and one of those states being one of his supposed strengths (a midwestern state) - what does that say about him and about how he will fare in a general election where there is lots of scrutiny? No one *loves* Biden for the most part - he has a lot of solid support, but he doesn't particularly inspire anyone to fight for him - that's why he doesn't draw a lot of money or crowds. His support seems rock solid but paper thin, if that makes any sense - take away his electability argument, and I wonder if his support totally craters? But in that case, where does it go? That's where I'm not sure I could make a good argument for any of the alternatives.

I think if he wins early states, he's basically a lock for the nomination. I'm more thinking if he struggles early.

joshuaao and FrontRunner like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you sure that outrage is from actual Kamala supporters?

JuanValdez and B-Bob like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Link?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Never had it.

Stop coming in here spreading lies.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

that would be a good zinger if the outcome wasn’t predetermined

mick fry, FrontRunner and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Now that's a burn.

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’s hilarious to watch Trumpers react like THEY took a candidate down or something. Like Trump was going to win the election 21 to 1 or something (21 candidates left vs Trump of course). No Texx... you did not beat Kamala Harris. This isn’t skeet shooting.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Biden, Pete, Booker and Kobluchar are the only comfortably electable candidates left imo. The others are subject to a loss in the general election

baller4life315 and B-Bob like this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and Os Trigonum like this.