1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To be fair, MSNBC would let any of those candidates sit with them after the debate.

But I agree with your overall point. Her dropping out is being treated as a shock today and there's all these commentaries on what this means about the race when the reality was she was an afterthought at this point in the polls.

The chance for a late surge by someone in single digits is basically over. Staying in this race for people at 5 percent or less is about vanity or ulterior motives with limited exceptions.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. Major

Major Member

She was treated as a top tier candidate in the early stages and through the 2nd or 3rd debates. But for the last several months, she hasn't been in any discussions about who might win - it's the 4 big ones and then everyone else. She gets a little more attention than Booker, Klobuchar, etc - which is about right given that she did poll in double digits at one point, but that's about it.

Social media is going whine and complain about everything - I'm not sure that's representative of anything except angry people and who want to get famous for complaining about something.

Kamala talking about how she's in the hunt and Kamala acting like someone is not on her level is not the media propping her up. That's her propping herself up.

Has the media told anyone else that had her success to drop out? Was the media telling Pete to drop out when he was polling at 5% a couple of months ago? She's in 6th place in a field of 16 and had more funding than most of the lower tier candidates. Why on earth would the media focus on her as the person that needs to get out?

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. justtxyank

I didn't say you specifically were frustrated but I know it frustrates @DreamShook to see Biden hog the black vote amirite man?

Anyway, I think people who are betting on Biden being "toast" are missing what's happening. We won't know what the impact of Iowa and NH until they happen, but right now Biden looks like a strong favorite to clean up after those two states.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. justtxyank

In terms of speaking time, Harris had 10 seconds less speaking time than Bernie Sanders and 1 minute less than Joe Biden.

The debates have treated Warren, Buttigieg, Sanders, Biden, Harris, Booker and to a lesser extent Klobuchar as pretty equally.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I see the polls but am not betting on anything. What I believe is that even if Biden gets the dem nod, Trump will wipe the floor with him. I think Cory, Pete or Bloomberg are the only ones with a chance.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They told Bernie Sanders to drop out when Warren passed him in the polls.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It’s worthwhile for Booker and Klobuchar to hang around for a while longer. Both seem to have the funding to do so, and it’s possible Booker sees a boost with Kamala’s exit.

Klobuchar, as she’s done all along, has quietly hung around and made modest gains. She has a chance to make some noise in Iowa. If there’s going to be an Iowa surprise, it’ll likely be from her.

She will need a big debate performance this month, though. And media coverage that doesn’t focus on the way she spoke or the way her hair looked instead of talking about her debate highlights.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Major

Major Member

Getting speaking time in a debate is partially about how much you can interject or make yourself part of the conversation. I think she demonstrated in the early debates that she's very good at that - it's one of her legit skills.

That's fair - I'd put her in the same category as Booker and Klobuchar, with the big difference being that she actually was leading the polling at one point.

9. justtxyank

Hard to understand why people think a candidate polling close to 0% with black voters can win as a Democrat.

I think the best number he has hit so far is 4% in a poll among black voters. After Iowa and NH his polling is pretty bad. Seems more likely those two states are outliers than it is that he is just waiting to take off nationwide.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Every candidate who talked after the last debate was talking like they are still in the hunt.

You are definitely twisting facts and I am not mad I never liked Kamal, just tired of you coming here acting like a Trump supporter spinning everything.

Do you complain when Gabbard is talking like people are not on her level?

11. Nook

Nook Member

People could tell that she wasn't sincere and didn't have any substance.

She is a very smart woman and one of the best I have ever seen at cross examination. She has the charisma as well...... the problem is that she is all about Kamala Harris.

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I hear you, he’s been fairly irrelevant in the polls and he is a LONG shot. I wish Beto would have stuck around. If nothing else, I think they both have added value to the conversation. I’m not tilting at windmills.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gabbard is too busy fighting to get penetration and get on the debate stage to say she is on anyone's level. What are you talking about?

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he racks up some wins entering SC I can black voters coming around.

I don't think Black voters have an aversion to Pete they just don't know him and he looks like a white guy who has never had to struggle for anything.

I think it's more antipathy than dislike.

The black talking heads seemed impressed the way he handled the root article.

The older black voters will come around before the woke youngsters.

15. justtxyank

If Biden pulls out a win in either Iowa or NH I think the race will basically be over. I expect him to finish 2nd or 3rd in both of those though to keep the race alive, then go on to win Nevada and SC and then start pulling away.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is she really fighting to get penetration?

I guess the fox appearances are her vehicle for that.

I see you ignored everything else, I forgot who I was talking to.

Sound and fury signifying nothing, rant on.

17. TheresTheDagger

What a troll. LOL

Nook and MiddleMan like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I'm really hoping Benny Hinn enters the race.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FrontRunner, B-Bob and MiddleMan like this.
  19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

As a registered Democrat I will vote for Bernie Sanders. For the primary of course.

20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Love it!