1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/20/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm telling you they won't. It will be 1v1 on whichever person they want to put on him.

J Sizzle, amaru and HP3 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a little bit more complex than that. They often let Harden hold the ball and then they double with 5-10 seconds left on the shot clock and play the lanes perfectly where the one guy open is scrambling and doesn't often get the greatest shot up.

But ya, this team doesn't have any knock down 3 pt shooters outside of Harden and a Gordon who is injured. Ya, I'm including EG. He started off slow but his entire career shows he's a above average three point shooter.

One guy on the court being an above average shooter when you rely on hoisting up 48 3 pt attempts a game is not going to cut it.

#882 fchowd0311, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    HardenUsedSTEPBACK likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Watched the game really half-assed so judging by the box score turnovers were the main difference. Besides that, Rockets were worse in every way except FTs. We out-rebounded, shot worse from 3 and the field.

D-rock likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i disagree. well definitely see friday

5. Nook

Nook Member

I guess I saw a different game than everyone else.

I saw a game where the Rockets did not play well, shot poorly and didn’t protect the ball and lost by ten.

It is a tough match up but I didn’t see the Rockets get their asses kicked as much as they didn’t play well enough to win. Some of the credit goes to Denver and guys like Grant and Craig defensively.. but a lot of it was that it just wasn’t the Rockets night.

When we lose to the Clippers Friday I am sure the GARM will be in complete meltdown.

DreamShook, Deuce, RayRay10 and 7 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn man, you are fully on the this team isnt a championship contender until we make trade boat huh........dont blame you.

7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Clippers game is a given loss. I'm more worried about b**** ass Luka dropping 55+ on Sunday.

jcmoon likes this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don’t feel like the spacing was that bad nor the reason we lost. We turned the ball over too much and didn’t make open shots. We played at their pace.

I feel like Westbrook should play more Point when teams try this scheme on James. Let Russ bring it up and initiate the offense With James gravity spacing the floor for him. James also has to make it a point to attack early instead of waiting for the trap. This isn’t the first time he has seen this. Just like in the playoffs he would play right into the warriors hands by not being aggressive. We have to force the issue more and go at them before they are set. Westbrook can do that.

But we still need better play from role players. With EG out, we can’t afford to have House out also against good teams. Mclemore, rivers, thabo, is just awful on the wings. These guys can’t shoot to save their lives and other teams know it

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He is a supermax player and #1 overall pick who is averaging 26ppg/5/4, and easily their second best player. Not sure why that does not qualify as a star. He is shooting 48%. Top 10 scorer in the league, is a significant piece to be missing against the Rockets.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright dude...your sipping that Wiggins Koolaid way to hard.

11. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

It felt like we were still generating quality looks late in the shot clock, just couldn't cash in and honestly 5-10s on the clock should be plenty of time when u have a 4 on 3 advantage. We're just filled with minimum guys who can't consistently make shots or make plays with the clock going down.

HP3 likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Not really, it just depends on your definition of a star. I did not say superstar. I consider a star anyone who is an all-star or comes close to being an all-star. Not sure how you can score 26ppg and be considered a role player. Especially a guy who is 24 years old and a former #1 pick, you are saying he should be playing in China? How is Ingram who many people consider to be an all-star this year much different? He is averaging less ppg.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Because he's been a negative a player pretty much his whole career. right now hes playing good but really....those shooting numbers will come down, hes not anybody the Rockets have to worry about.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow so many Rockets haters lmao you guys are hilarious. You aholes dont post when the Rox win but come out of the woodwork en masse when the Rox lose like the slimy pathetic slugs you are. You lot can kiss my hairy ass.

As for the game you know what? I'll cut the team some slack they only got 8 wins in the last 9 games. The game was in Denver, aka the most extreme homecourt advantage in the NBA due to altitiude and it showed, Harden was out of sorts he only scored 27 despite shooting 50% from 3. He was also extremely passive all game and had little to no energy. This went from every person in the team except for WB, dude didnt shoot well but he made things happen and was a reason the Rox were in striking range all night.

One possession showed his impact in the game, he took a shot, Capela grabbed the reb and passed it back to WB, he drove to the rim and got fouled. On the stat sheet, that's one more clank for WB. But in reality, he made that possession happen and got another dude involved. If Harden is the "talent" guy then WB is the "effort" guy, we need both talent and effort to win games.

The important thing for the team is get some rest and get ready for the next game vs Clippers.

D-rock and CK Johnson like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel like Im truly in bizzarro land tonight.

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

As usual with the Rockets and their injury-prone players, when we lose a game, we're usually more discouraged because yet another key player gets injured (like clockwork every other game). We're so screwed if House is gone for this stretch and longer, and knowing the basketball gods hate the Rockets and the other contenders never have these kinds of injuries hit their main players, that's exactly what's going to happen...

17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Well, we shouldn't have to worry about many double-teams on Friday. The vaunted defensive trio of Kawhi, PG, and Bev should be having none of that.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People posting constructive criticism of what they saw wrong tonight is not doomsday talk.

Chill. This a Rockets discussion board. Not a Rocket circle jerk board.

roslolian and CK Johnson like this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I see a game that we were figured out and stuff worked for us didn’t work. So we had to scramble by playing on the fly. We should insert Harty into our identity. He played well against KAT. But the Denver team’s interior is so good. It’s tough. If we don’t figure them out, we will be dead in the playoffs meeting them.

20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Does anyone else feel beat up just like this team got beat up?

having watched every single preseason game and every game this season I guess i'll just have to accept that we're probably not a contender this year, barring some sort of miracle trade and buyouts.

Unless mike decides to do something radical like developing Hartenstein and clemons this season it looks like we have been properly exposed. We got no chance.

We might as well just play the rookies and get them ready for next year.

OK Wait...i'm not quitting yet, we still got Eric Gordon to come save the day. He needs to be superman.

I feel depressed.

DaDakota and deb4rockets like this.