1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Choke City Returns........

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And nobody here would dare denigrate that run by calling the other teams chokers...

Losing is losing - it'll be disappointing if they lose *like this* - but I don't know how anyone could be long-term angry. I tweeted this out - but we'd all do well to remember:

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not true. the Warriors were listed around -300 to win the Finals over the Cavaliers in 17

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

the Nats are doing much better than the Astros in this category

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I totally get that, and I understand where you're coming from. I think it depends on how you define choke. The Astros were the biggest favorite in a World Series in a really long time...I also totally get that the sample size for the playoffs is super small compared to the regular season, and that it's (as Biggio always said), "just baseball." But that presupposes no team in the baseball playoffs can choke, and I disagree with that...at least how I define choking. When a heavy favorite looks nothing like they did in the regular season (and they have throughout the playoffs) and they're heavy favorites who have lost the first two at home...in my view that's choking. The good news is they have the ability to turn it around because they're that good.

lw17, astros123 and Tomstro like this.
  6. Silverfox11407

Silverfox11407 New Member

The Stros have had so much smoke blown up there rear ends they actually themselves thought they were invincible. Facts show they played in one of the weakest Divisions same as the Twins did getting to play there rivals 19 times each. The Nats have played the best ball in either League since the All Star break and deserve there success this year. The Astros have struggled all year against top notch pitching and it showed in the previous Yankees series and now with the Nats. Relying on Home Runs to win Playoff Series will only work if the opposing team also struggles against Elite Pitchers. How many times have the Astros won against the Elite Pitchers during the regular season with multiple back to back hitting ? Not Many that i recall.

7. AstrosRockets1818

They beat a 103 win Yankee team and an awesome Tampa team to get to the World Series you weirdo. You know nothing.

8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

In the post season, would you rather be good or hot? The Nats right now are white hot. And EVERYthing is falling their way, Every bloop is falling for them. Guys are putting desperate swings on perfectly placed pitches and getting solid contact. Astros hard hit balls are right at some one.

This is not to denigrate the Nats, at all. They've got talent and right now they can do no wrong. Sucks for us.

The only silver lining in this is that it's not LA, StL, ATL or even Milwaukee (eat a bag of d!cks Selig).

msn and MadMax like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

A choke job is when your NFL team is leading 35-3, and goes on to lose. To me, that is like leading a baseball game 10-1, and going on to lose. Astros haven't done this once.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

there is more than one way to choke. If you have to do what the oilers did to qualify as a choke, then the Oilers are the only team to ever choke. I don’t think they are.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

So Nats are huge chokers, we didn’t really win anything tonight right? No hits with RISP? What chokers...

Wattafan likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Went from this...
    [​IMG]

To this...

[​IMG]

However, Not out of the woods yet...

Can end up back at this...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep Improving.

rockbox likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Or you just went from suck to blow.

lw17 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You have more experience with that. Wouldn't know...

Astrofan59 likes this.
  16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

This thread aged well...

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Shhh......It's not supposed to AGE WELL. That's the point........SHHHH....

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

lw17, Bandwagoner and CometsWin like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

Ah yes, back to the "oh, I was just being sarcastic!" nonsense routine. No one buys it.

20. msn

msn Member

So the Nationals are the chokers now, right?

#stupidtakeisstupid