1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Choke City Returns........

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Haha just go check out some of the other fans message board and see what their opinions of our team and our fans are...I was browsing the Nats message board earlier and there was literally a post that used the word “entitled” about three times when describing us. I’ve been to 26 of the stadiums, plenty of road games to watch the Astros and I can promise you there are plenty of people who agree with that sentiment and it isn’t just a Nats fan being a cry baby (and there are plenty of those right now).

I’m sure others can back me up here but our fans have changed in comparison to back in the Dome or early MMP years prior to Drayton selling. Other fan bases used to root for us including back in 2017. We were always a like-able team but I can guarantee you that’s not the case any more - it’s why there have been so many stories released by the media bashing us for the Osuna ordeal, stealing signs/tipping pitches, etc.

And why it probably doesn’t seem like this but personally I don’t care that much what others think
    ...I was supportive of the Osuna trade and I’ve always wanted my team to “do whatever it takes to win”. What annoys me is then seeing people get upset about us “being portrayed as the bad guys” or “negative press or not getting press”. You can’t have it both ways...

2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

How dare you take losing in such an acceptable and logically manner!! If you are miserable and lash out on our team about how they suck and are chokers when we lose, you’ll definitely enjoy watching the game of baseball more.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

4. msn

msn Member

[​IMG]

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Jontro and CK Johnson like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Choke city returns...yep.

Hinch really screwed the pooch with lulling Greinke and not putting Cole in.

But leaving 10 guys on in Game 7 of the World Series is like walking out and handing the trophy to the other team.

HTown2017Champs, BMoney, smp and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

One the biggest in the History of Sports. Losing all 4 games of a 7 games series at home.

[​IMG]

9. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Nationals were also pretty clutch. We left 10 guys on base.

tinman likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

up 3-2 and lose both home games...didn’t win a single game at home in the WS

this was an enormous choke

BleedsRocketRed and BMoney like this.
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yes, it was. Credit to the Nationals, but the Astros offense picked a bad time to suck in four games at home.

BMoney likes this.
  13. vonbock

vonbock Member

2 runs per game in last 2 games. You are not going to win with that. You can really say that their offense stunk even last year against Boston,

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I was hoping to lock this thread permanently after the WS. Oh well......

15. Put You On Game

THis will go down as the biggest WS upset

astros123 and lw17 like this.
  16. Texanstradamus

Of course it happens to a Houston right ?

17. Homey the Clown

Disgusting loss.

18. Bob Barker 007

I don’t feel like the Astros contribute to the narrative, even after this disappointing result. They’ll keep putting themselves in the position to win a championship next year and potentially for a few more years after that. Choking teams disappear after losing. This Astros team won’t, and that matters.

19. HTown2017Champs

I hope our team actually sticks together.
    You know, this could be eerily similar to the Greatest Show on Turf
    1999/2017: Win it all, first in franchise history
    2000/2018: High repeat expectations, RS marred with injuries, early playoff exit
    2001/2019: Return to the big stage as heavy favorites, heartbreakingly lose to a BIG underdog (both Cinderella Stories, neither the Pats nor Nats had won it all before)
    Rams never recovered from Super Bowl 36 and it all went downhill from there. Hopefully we don't follow the same fate.

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Great baseball teams usually don’t go from great to bad very quickly. This team is set to compete for another 4-5 seasons easily.

persian hoopa likes this.