1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

Warriors are fine because they know how to pick the popular and favorite political views. If they openly support Trump, or condemn Israels killing Palestinians or support Yellow vests, they will be Moreyed.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How in the world is Moreys view not considered popular? I missed the part where support for dictatorship crackdowns were liberal popular mainstream views.

3. Buck Turgidson

My main takeaway from this is how hypersensitive and thin-skinned the Chinese govt and its supporters are. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

snowconeman22, Yung-T and B-Bob like this.
  4. valorita

valorita Member

Would love to hear from Yao

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ultimately...Morey should have been smarter. He knows the Rockets connection with China. I agree with his post, but this was avoidable, and now it’s going to severely cost the Rockets and the NBA.

Curious to see what the consequences of this will be, but it certainly has become a much bigger thing than I anticipated last night.

amaru, Yung-T and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  6. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Man, you must be doing shitty business in China. Whoever they are talking about, they will never leave business in China, they are the master in business in China unlike you.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'M BOYCOTTING THE CBA!

No wait I've never watched more than 60 seconds of CBA basketball.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Ping pong?

Gtfo then breh

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is a fact. And it can’t be said enough.

We even think we can solve or stop the HK situation, if we just step in. lulz. Such naïveté and arrogance.

Oh, well. We are a very stupid nation, because we think we are so smart. So smart we fall for Fake News, which is proven over and over again right here at cfnet, when we post Twitter NBA rumors about trades, and talk 40 pages about them.

Lovemachine2000 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Any morons actually believed Silver will punish anyone making political comments (especially when they are RIGHT) should go to twitter and searching for all these Pop interviews first.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not like Daryl has been tweeting solely supporting stuff of his daughters, there were controversial content, mainly sports related, now this has gotten more political. Who knows what's next?

12. Lovemachine2000

Look, another know-nothing dunce parading cable news talking points as knowledge. China has not been communist for at least 30 years now, it is a largely capitalist economy. NO ONE in China is talking up communism, not even the Chinese Communist Party. Stop embarrassing yourself.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

love this

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

This absurd statement just shows that:

'Westerners' need to refrain from being overconfident, judgmental or meddling on things they have no idea with and happening an earth away.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  15. Lovemachine2000

Exactly, we can all have our political opinions, but Morey should know there's a time and a place for everything. As a public figure, he should know his private thoughts need to be expressed privately.

bingfei236 likes this.
  16. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Different culture.

It's just like the chinese people would have a hard time to understand why americans are so hypersensitive toward race issues.

Territory division is the ultimate taboo in chinese culture.

dlite316 and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is it, everyone. We have found the ultimate example of the black pot & kettle.

I see that China is now calling out Morey for "hurting China's bottom line". Maybe they realize that boycotting the Rockets means they won't buy all of the merchandise that they manufacture.

malakas likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey screwed up big time, you can't let your personal beliefs out when you represent a company that is doing major business with the primary offender.

I think most people stand with Hong Kong, but most people are not working in an executive position at a company that has business ties with the government of the offending side.

I doubt anyone in the Rox org, including Morey know exactly what is going on there, and he can certainly HAVE THOSE FEELINGS, but you can't type them out in public.

That was a major faux paux and unlike the Morey we have known who is usually much more social media savvy.

I expect him to apologize very soon.

DD

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it is...and it is Table Tennis!

DD

dlite316 likes this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Please explain, I don’t understand what you are saying.