1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

everyone got the right to say whatever they like, just think of the consequences before speaking it..

example: before you say ***K u to anybody, think of your ass got kicked.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I did not even think about Popovic or Kerr would have to say about this but the thought of them commenting on it...yeah, I look forward to that.

D-rock and B-Bob like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thought they were going to do that when we cut Zhou

D-rock likes this.
  4. Shanghai_noon

Shanghai_noon Member

You will figure out later this week.
    Money talks and will tell you who is the liar,

moron.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Morey is an American. He has every right to express his opinion. Tillman, as an American business owner has every right to fire his employee if he's worried about it costing him money.

Problem is, it sets a bad precedent, and most Rockets fans that care will be infuriated if Morey gets fired because they agree with him largely. Who's money matters most I guess.

This could be a watershed moment, with Trump, China, etc. Everybody wants to speak their opinion lately. Silver's reaction will be interesting, to say the least.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's one thing for the Spurs or Warriors or Rockets to officially support HK protestors. I can see that affecting business, and franchises of course steer clear of that kind of thing, but how on earth can an org tell employees not to tweet basic opinions on their own accounts? It's a fascinating mismatch between expectations in China and expectations in 'Merica.

EDIT: totally agree Tilman has every right to fire Morey if he feels Morey is bad for business. Morey is an "at will" employee and could be fired for a mustard stain on his tie. Still a fascinating precedent if it was over a tweet about HK!

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Thanks for the translation

If this were written in America and represented US issues, some may see this as patriotism.

But there is a definite difference between patriotism and brainwashing. Especially when the it is conveyed by State run media. This is the absolute definition of brainwashing.

I stand with Morey

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and Gray_Jay like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Especially for some who is supposed to be one of the smartest guys out there, and follows it with a Sun over Japan sky pic.
    Conspiracy.

James.B.H likes this.
  10. Lovemachine2000

LOL look at all the anti-China people streaming out of the woodwork. This is exactly why Morey should not have made that post on Hong Kong. He is a public figure who represents the Houston Rockets organization, leave politics out of it, especially on a topic most westerners are completely ignorant on. Let's clean up the GARM and leave political discussions to the Hangout.

dlite316 and jcf like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem here is Morey is not a guest. He's a US citizen exercising his right to say whatever he wants to say. If he were to say this to a Chinese crowd you'd have a point, but he's not.

I hope US businesses stop bowing to the Chinese market personally. I like my games to have blood and stuff and I would like them to stop changing because China doesn't understand freedom of expression. What China is doing is using its market to bully companies to follow their rules and their laws and their customs. That's gonna be a no from me. I hope the NBA supports Morey and educates them how things work over here.

#130 JayGoogle, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Foreign investment has been “adapting to make it work” with your shitty laws since you finally opened up to foreign investment against your own will.

And don’t worry. Keep up the communist behavior and you won’t be a top 2 market for very long. There’s a reason the best Chinese businessmen are educated outside of China.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Silver and the NBA will scold North Carolina for not wanting men in women's restrooms, they will let Popovich/Kerr spout off about anything they want, but watch how they do China's bidding here.

If Morey gets fired, it will be a terrible look.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Somehow, we're going to have to move all of this to the D&D forum, if that's possible. Ugh.

BHannes2BHonest and vlaurelio like this.
  15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Never have I more believed in the separation of church, state, and basketball.

daywalker02 and vlaurelio like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

For making a political statement. Of course, I don’t think he should and also says that if it gets out of hand, e.g. to a point of getting fired or whatever. This is quite a delicate situation.

17. Rochut

Rochut Member

Seems pretty tolerant! Lol...

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Right. At the end of the day we still live in the bum**** south so...

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I suspect American sports media companies are being threatened from talking about this story as well.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wasn't talking about Chinese Muslims. I was talking about the Mao. Those numbers don't include anything to do with muslim or Tibet.

21. YOLO

YOLO Member

apologize for displaying an american right. got it