1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FBI, DHS Officially Classify Antifa Activities As "Domestic Terrorist Violence"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If law enforcement continue to enforce rules like they did in Berkely then AntiFa is done. You take away their weapons and masks, you cripple them.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yep. The methods are known. Unfortunately we have seen far too many instances in Democrat run jurisdictions where the police have been ordered to stand down to allow these thugs to carry out their terrorizing of those who have beliefs that dare to contradict the Democrat left's political correctness speech and though codes. So it is really important to keep an eye on this. It is the Democrats who are going out of their way to foment this ongoing conflict and violence.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Portland seems nice

the mayor will do absolutely nothing about this, just let them run wild

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I always laugh when I see videos of the proud boys or whoever beating the **** out of them. Anyway, that kind of thing wouldn't happen in a worth a **** city, you only see it in places like Portland, Berkely, and Baltimore.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The lawlessness in Portland makes me never want to live there.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you expose them you might find out that they are right wing trolls just like many antifa social media accounts that claim to be antifa.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Antifa incident not getting much air play:

This could indeed have been a mass casualty event. And it was clearly motivated by terroristic intent (more on that shortly). Yet, despite my following the news much more closely than the average citizen, I had no inkling it had happened prior to receiving Richard’s email.

Indeed, the Washington Post (“ICE detention-center attacker killed by police was an avowed anarchist, authorities say“) didn’t report on it for nearly a week. . . .

While every indication is that Van Spronsen acted alone, he clearly saw himself as part of a larger movement and as carrying out a specific political agenda. That’s textbook domestic terrorism.

Richard says the story isn’t getting all that much coverage even locally and muses that it would be getting more attention if Van Spronsen was a right-wing Trumper. And maybe it would, since that would better fit a pre-existing narrative.

Still, it’s not like the NYT, WaPo, or Seattle Times are pro-Antifa. They likely sympathize with Van Spronsen’s broad cause; hell, so do I. But only the fringe thinks killing ICE agents—let alone detonating cars and propane tanks—is an acceptable response to domestic policies we abhor.

Maybe this is simply a function of President Trump sucking all of the oxygen out of the room all the time. American Presidents have dominated news coverage as long as I can remember but I’ve never seen anything like Trump’s ability to generate so much noise that it’s impossible to stay on a story, no matter how big, for very long. His tweets about “The Group” came out the same weekend as this incident and have dominated the discussion, including here at OTB, since.

It’s appropriate, of course, to focus on the most powerful man on the planet, particularly when he’s violating longstanding norms. But there’s a real danger that paying so much attention to him means that we’re missing out on important developments.​

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/antifa-terrorist-killed-while-attempting-to-blow-up-ice-facility

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trump is probably missing an opportunity here to push this story on twitter.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nothing threatens white people more than organized minorities who display the hate and fervor of a fox news sock puppet.

Turning to a man like Trump in light of that fear doesn't scream desperation at all...