1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FBI, DHS Officially Classify Antifa Activities As "Domestic Terrorist Violence"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You asked for proof that phones were being stolen/damaged. There's video and photographic evidence. Yet you still want to bury your head in the sand.

I expected that someone would discount the evidence because of the source. So here's the raw evidence.

[​IMG]
    A protester smashing a photographer’s camera onto the ground. Photo: Thomas Hawk

[​IMG]
    A photographer is being attacked by a masked demonstrator in Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park during a cancelled 'No Marxism in America' rally and counter-protest in Berkeley on Sunday

MojoMan likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just weird that anyone would deny it honestly. AntiFa is nothing new, they've been around since the 30's, they are inherently violent and their guiding ideology is inherently violent. Supporting them, or their ideology is morally no different than supporting white nationalists or neo nazis.

MojoMan likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Antifa engagement of the alt-right is not noble in the least bit. Are they violent? Yes. Are they terrorists? Hardly. They don't meet the definition of a terrorist group and this categorization smacks of political indulgence of the alt-right supports of the administration.

Anyone who tries to justify Neo-Nazism and the KKK as being someone morally equivalent as Antifa is revealing their racist stripes. Anyone. It's absolutely absurd to think that a group who seeks to make white people the supreme rulers of America and that minorities should take their place as lessor humans is somehow the same as the group that seeks to engage them in street combat.

Both groups are seeking this confrontation, but they are not the same in their hate. Neo-Nazis celebrate a party that exterminated minorities of all walks of life - the law is the only thing that holds them back from taking their racism to genocidal levels.

Antifa is a bunch of thugs. The KKK and Neo-Nazis are a bunch of genocidal sickos

Not even close to being the same.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And a si
    Que "but Communists are genocidal also!"

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is different. neo-Nazis and white nationalists aren't despised just because they are violent. Those who support them don't do so just because they are in favor of violence.

The paraphrased mission statement of neo-Nazis and White nationalists is to place one race above others, to institute fascism in carrying out that belief.

The paraphrased mission statement of AntiFa is to oppose fascism.

So supporting the idea behind AntiFa is not equal to supporting the idea behind the neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Even the methods of both with which all disagree are different. White nationalists/neo-Nazis have committed terrorist acts, and have killed multiple people. AntiFa has hurt people and destroyed property.

Neither of those methods is good, but one has a much worse track record than the other.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are despised because their ideology is inherently violent. Also, you are ridiculous if you are going by their "mission statement" because those will always put the awful things they plan in the most positive light. For white nationalists or neo nazis, I'm sure they'd say something about protecting their people or whatever, for radical Communists like AntiFa I'm sure they'd say something about stopping fascism.....which they define as anything that is not Communism.

No matter what they say, those groups are all based on hate and are inherently violent.....and their ideologies have some of the highest body counts in human history.

I get that your political ideology isn't that far from that of AntiFa, which is something you've admitted, and that's why you think you have to go to bat for them so I'm not going to expect that much from you.

7. fchowd0311

So in essence you are saying he's almost morally equivalent to a Nazi according to your logic which just doesn't make sense.

There isn't a single poster on this message board that I would label as 'near Nazi like' at least not one that I can recall. I think there was that one self labeled white supremacist who got banned.

No Worries likes this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Antifa is also despised because it is an anti-free speech and anti-free assembly group, two cornerstones from our Bill of Rights that profoundly define what it is that makes this country unique and special.

AntiFA = Anti Free Assembly.

This Antifa group is not limited to opposing fascism, as they demonstrated at Berkley when they assaulted people showing up to see Milo Yianopolos speak. And that was not the only violent incident by them that was not associated with opposing fascists by any means.

Antifa is in fact the most accurate demonstration of what working fascists look like that exists in America today. I know, that is not the narrative that you heard on TV, so how can that be right? Just open your eyes and see for yourself. Again, here is a picture of these violent, intolerant anti-free speech thugs, just as a reminder:

[​IMG]

The difference between these two vile groups is that Antifa is the current militant arm of the Democrat party and the KKK used to be. Antifa is supported by many in the media and on the Democrat left, and the KKK is supported by virtually nobody.

While I would like to see the last remnants of the KKK disappear forever as much as anyone, the real danger currently posed to our country comes from the Antifa terrorists and the radical Islamic terrorists, not the KKK or any Neo-Nazi group.

9. fchowd0311

Name me a poster here who agrees with the tactics antifa uses..

I'll wait.

The KKK and neo Nazis are more dangerous because unlike antifa and their black hoodies, neo-Nazis and white supremacists come from an actual militant mentality. Hence all the faux militias around the country chalk full of gear queers in their sapi plate carriers and ar-15s with 10 different attachments.

No Worries likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

1. Their ideology isn't violent but they do use violence as a means to carry out their ideology.

2. You are creating a false equivalency. You mentioned what communist groups have done and not what AntiFa in the United States have done. I mentioned both what the AntiFa in the United States have done, and what neo-Nazi and White nationlist groups in the United States have done. They are not equal

3. I'm not going to bat for any group and most definitely not for AntiFa. Disagreeing with you that they are equal to neo-Nazis doesn't equate to going to bat for them.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Glossary of terms

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce,[3] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Many scholars think Nazism was a form of far-right politics.[1] Nazism is a form of fascism and uses biological racism and antisemitism. Much of the philosophy of this movement was based on an idea that the "Aryan race", the term they used for what we today call Germanic people, was better than all other races, and had the greatest ability to survive. According to the racist ideas of Nazism, the Germanic peoples were the Herrenvolk (master race).[2] The "inferior" races - the Jews, Roma people, Slavs, and blacks - were classified as Untermenschen (sub-humans).[3]
    To implement the racist ideas, in 1935 the Nuremberg Race Laws banned non-Aryans and political opponents of the Nazis from the civil-service. They also forbid any sexual contact between "Aryan" and "non-Aryan" people.[4][5]
    The Nazis sent millions of Jews, Roma and other people to concentration camps and death camps, where they were killed. These killings are now called the Holocaust.

White supremacy or white supremacism is a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races and that therefore white people should be dominant over other races. White supremacy has roots in scientific racism and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments. Like most similar movements such as neo-Nazism, white supremacists typically oppose people of color as well as people of most religions.
    The term is also typically used to describe a political ideology that perpetuates and maintains the social, political, historical or institutional domination by white people (as evidenced by historical and contemporary sociopolitical structures such as the Atlantic slave trade, Jim Crow laws in the United States, and apartheid in South Africa).[1] Different forms of white supremacism put forth different conceptions of who is considered white, and different white supremacists identify various racial and cultural groups as their primary enemy.[2]

The Ku Klux Klan (pronounced /ˈkuː ˈklʌks ˈklæn, ˈkjuː/),[a] commonly called the KKK or simply the Klan, is the name of three distinct movements in the United States that have advocated extremist reactionary positions such as white supremacy, white nationalism, anti-immigration and—especially in later iterations—Nordicism,[7][8] anti-Catholicism[9][10] and antisemitism.[10] Historically, the KKK used terrorism—both physical assault and murder—against groups or individuals whom they opposed.[11] All three movements have called for the "purification" of American society and all are considered right-wing extremist organizations.[12][13][14][15]

Anti-fascism is opposition to fascist ideologies, groups and individuals. The anti-fascist movement began in a few European countries in the 1920s, and eventually spread to other countries around the world.
    There were fascist elements in the United States in the 1930s such as Friends of New Germany, German American Bund, the Ku Klux Klan, and Charles Coughlin.[24]
    The anti-fascist movements which emerged during the period of classical fascism, both liberal and militant, continued after the defeat of the Axis powers in response to the resilience and mutation of fascism in Europe and elsewhere. In Germany, for example, in 1944, as Nazi rule crumbled, veterans of the 1930s anti-fascist struggles formed “Antifaschistische Ausschüsse,” “Antifaschistische Kommittees” or “Antifaschistische Aktion” groups (all typically abbreviated to Antifa).[29]

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

1. AntiFa is not in any way connected with the Democratic party. Stop lying.
    2. The difference in the violence of the two groups is that the KKK and other white nationalist groups have actually killed people while so far AntiFa has not.

You posting pictures of people in black may be scary to you, but it doesn't really mean anything. We know AntiFa are violent. Trying to paint them as boogie men with scary pictures is amateurish and laughable.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These people are trying to say the left is the same as these Nazis - it's a sick way of trying to justify these hate groups. People like Mojoman and bobby are showing their true stripes.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of an old Italian quote

"In Italia i fascisti si dividono in due categorie: i fascisti e gli antifascisti."

It's no different in America today.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If I had to choose to eliminate one group or the other it's a pretty easy choice. Fascists or anti-fascists?

Hmmm, I'll eliminate the nazis. Kinda like back in the 40's.

CometsWin likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See my above quote, you can't eliminate fascists without also eliminating those who call themselves anti fascists. They are just fascists by a different name.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Pshhhaw. You have three times as many posts in this thread as I do, pulling a RussianLegend tactic. Hell, in another thread you claimed the SPLC is a racist organization. You're your own mass hysteria of conservative propaganda. Klan loon.

#137 CometsWin, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This makes no sense.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

people who relentlessly defend Nazis, Neo Nazis, KKK, and White Superemacists don't make sense

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Do you think the white supremacist/Nazi are associated to the Republicans and Trump?