1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SJWs gets their talons into Bond franchise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....

I very clearly said "my understanding".
    But as you've shown previously in this thread, you should never let details and facts get in the way of your rage when you "know" you are right.

I haven't read the books, but I have read a dozen reviews over the years that say pretty much exactly the same thing.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Go read earlier posts... it got off topic cause some people wanted to make it about race. The thread was about feminist propaganda writing in the new bond...

3. biff17

biff17 Member

did you just find out what a Mic drop is?

Because you are wearing it out dude?B

Also if you have to keep dropping the Mic or keep referring to said Mic drop.

You are doing it wrong.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and JayGoogle like this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

You have got to know it's really not about bond at all.

mdrowe00 and jcf like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Believe me, I would love to "criticize" a lot of things about you, but I am making my best effort to not engage in ad hominem attacks which add nothing to the discussion.

It's easy and lazy to attack the messenger versus the message

#245 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Then why aren't you complaining about Daniel Craig not using a Scottish accent for Bond? He speaks in proper English - wouldn't that be stripping bond of his Scottish "ancestry?"

See that's where your argument falls apart. You have no problem with Daniel Craig (not a Scotsman and doesn't even try to pretend to play bond as one) - you have no qualms about that stripping of Scottish heritage from the series, but when it comes to gender and skin color - you are up in arms.

Do you see the problem now?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is the feminist propaganda in the film?

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm actually giggling a little bit to myself thinking how triggered this little but of news is going to make "some people".

Taika Waititi's Thor 4 is going by the title "Thor: Love and Thunder", and Natalie Portman will reprise her role as Jane Foster...

wait for it....

...before taking over the hammer from Chris Hemsworth and becoming Lady Thor.

The Feminazi SJW conspiracy strikes again! Clearly the cabal has obtained compromising nekkid pictures of Waititi doing things with farm animals, and forced him to make a movie he didnt want to make!

9. Nook

Nook Member

Expensive projects like James Bond are made to make as much money as possible for the producers and film studios.

James Bond introducing a black woman to the cast isn’t because the producers are social justice warriors. The move was made because the people that pay to see action movies want to see a black female character. All of these decisions are researched out.

African Americans are large consumers of movies in the theatre. Having a prominent black or female character does not scare off white movie goers like it did in the past. Therefore it increases the box office.

This is all about free enterprise and supply and demand. No one has to like the changes and we can debate the quality of product. However this is nothing new, look at the last 80-90 years of cinema history.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I already complained about Craig enough. He is terrible. Also being raised somewhere doesn't mean you adopt their accept. I don't speak with a Texan accent.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah no one here is anti black people in the movie. The issue is with feminist virtue signaling.... I am more so worried about crappy virtue signaling in the new plot which has been widely reported on. The new writer is an hardcore feminist... for a male action fantasy. Not liking what they've already said about the new woman and her interactions with Bond which are just a parable for feminism.

Also damn is the actress plain looking. Very feminist move out the gate.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You never complained about his non-Scottish Heritage. He doesn't do bond with a Scottish Accent. Sounds hypocritical to complain about a black woman playing bond because of a lack of Scottish Heritage but not complain about Daniel Craig's lack of a Scottish heritage. Of course, you didn't realize he wasn't using a Scottish Accent until just now.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are worried about people having a different opinion than you?

So what some people think the portrayal of Bond is misogynistic? Does it really offend you that much? Is James Bond your idol or something?

Hollywood thrives on capitalism. Studio execs using capitalist metrics decided that writer is the best suited to help maximize profits. Why are you offended by that?

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

#254 LosPollosHermanos, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The idea that a woman might roll her eyes at James Bond flirting with her is feminist propaganda and it has clearly triggered the OP.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Absolutely. Bond's ability to bag women is a damn near super power. That is part of why Bond is an ultimate male fantasy. Not a male cuckolding fantasy to be specific, where he is into ugly chicks.

Mic. Dropped.

Again.

[​IMG]

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Might need to see a doctor if you keep dropping things.

Could be a stroke or flesh eating bacteria.

biff17 likes this.
  18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, I appreciate anyone's efforts to refrain from personal attacks, and I do my best to do the same.

I suppose you are referring to my statement about "perceptive powers."

You said that you cannot see any evidence of a leftist agenda going on. Anyone who says that, I have to question their perceptive powers.

It would be different if you said you saw it, and agreed with it.

But I cited at least three examples, and you said something like "those aren't really examples."

Ok...………...:rolleyes:

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This is an interesting question, and gets to the heart of the matter.

You may be right, but I'm not sure that you are.

Yes, you are correct, you would think that with so much $ on the line, the studios would have researched this intensely -- who goes to movies, what they want, etc.

The problem with this assumption is that you can cite: The all female Ghostbusters, the all female Ocean's whatever, the all female MIB, etc. These box office duds tend to show that they did not do their research; and, perhaps, that they have a political agenda that precedes profits.

Then, you can look at Ms. Kennedy and her "The force is female" T-shirt. That really should answer any question about this stuff.

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hollywood revently casted a girl for Lady Thor... sadly it is 2019 and we can't get a man to play Lady Thor... shame on Marvel for not being progressive.