1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KPRC] James Harden speaks about Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 20, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

IMO it's half and half, Harden doesnt hate Cp3 to talk **** about him but obv doesnt like him enough to keep him on the team. Cp3 was prob like that annoying dude at work, you'd rather not have him on your team to do the presentation but whatever.

IMO Harden was ok to play with Cp3 but when his best buddy said he wasnt happy Harden couldnt wait to ship Cp3 out of town.

kjayp, BigShasta and amaru like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...that’s good

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - come on, never trust what they say publicly, you guys are too smart for that.....they are protecting their own brand/image.

If there was nothing wrong Paul would still be here........

But it doesn't matter....he is gone.

GO ROCKETS !

DD

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. I doubt he's "full of it", but he's downplaying the situation no doubt.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why couldn't just be that Harden thought Westbrook was a talent upgrade over Paul? Why does everything gotta be reality TV?

In real life people make a ton of decisions for self-interested but non-malicious reasons.

6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

... Why shouldn't I care? Or at the very least be curious?

Passive, non-confrontational types would have difficulty having the sort of "parting ways" conversation that would be necessary in this situation, I'd imagine, especially if it's true that Paul was ousted at Harden's (partial) command.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Because people are convinced that James has some sort of narrative against Paul.

We will never know, but my guess is that he told the front office, get me Westbrook. Harden don't care how it happened, as long as it happened. Not sure why there has to be more to it. Fans claim to hate this drama filled league, yet they love trying to put more sauce on the stories.

vlaurelio and RichieBanks like this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If CP3 wants to be mad at Rockets, get mad at Khawi because he made it happened.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When did Chris Paul deny it though, he denied he didn't want to be out or demanded a trade. How has that worked out?

He has kept his silence since the trade more or less.

Russell WB is not clearly the better player in the Playoffs so you can tell me all you want that he is much much much better, not when it matters.

What's in it for you to defend this to the death, I just keep an open mind about anything.....lol.

They did not deny that there were differences and different points of views on the court, and that it all that matters.

I wanted to explore that idea and if that has something to do with the GSW exit, that is all.

And I wasn't saying anything other than that. They clearly were not fighting or throwing fists, I ain't about that kind of drama.

I will let this go too once those players stop denying anything......

#89 daywalker02, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    roslolian and BeBreezy like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because Harden is a human being and humans are never 100% objective, there is always bias present.

Without human emotions this trade makes 0 sense WB shot 29% from 3, takes and misses the most mid range shots in NBA history, and has a usage rating as high as Harden's and hasnt played any defense the past 3 years. He is literally the worst fit possible on paper so he isnt an upgrade, objectively speaking he is a massive downgrade compared to Cp3 as his skillset is the worst fit possible for our system.

There are levels to dislike just cuz you dont like a dude doesnt mean you want to disembowel him and feed his entrails to his kids. If Harden loved Cp3 to death he wouldnt have shipped him for his best buddy.

The only way this thing can work is Harden will sacrifice for his best buddy which he never did for Cp3 and WB will change his game to win a ring instead of playing for stats which is all he has done the past 4 years. So it is almost impossible to believe this was a "non reality tv" move because if Harden is not gonna buy in to WB the same way he didnt buy in to Cp3 then this season will be horrible.

#90 roslolian, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    BeBreezy likes this.
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This absolutely applies to media everywhere, not just sports. There’s no feed back loop if a media source is wrong any more.

CNN can, and does, report whatever will be watched most, regardless of it’s actual impact or importance, and when they are revealed to have been feeding you bull ****, it doesn’t matter, because they aren’t punished for being blatantly misleading, or in a lot of cases, literally wrong.

BeBreezy likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Whats he supposed to say? That he hated him?

13. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I really don't think he had to say anything at all... the fact that he did leads me to believe it was blown out of proportion...

14. cml750

cml750 Member

Excellent post!!! There is not even a hint of smoke here so there is definitely no fire.

15. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

What's the point of even rehashing this. Cp3's gone already. I think the tell tale sign is when we play against whatever team CP3 is on and if they greet each other or even acknowledge one another on the court for everyone to see.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

tillman was the one openly complaining about cp3's contract this season. leaking false trade demands, broken realtionships in the lockerroom, etc is all just damage control.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That post shouldn't be in this forum for multiple reasons. I'll just list two of them. Reason #1 is that @Clutch has definite rules against political comments in the GARM or anywhere else excepting the sub-forum, sometimes known as The Basement, D&D, which is what your post is, with all due respect. CNN's sports coverage in its USA edition (there is also an international edition), is called The Bleacher Report, which comes up on a separate tab from the general news coverage.

Reason #2 is that in order for me to tell you that you are wrong, which I will not do here, I would have to break @Clutch's Reason #1. In other words, you have produced a classic Catch 22. I'm not sure that author Joseph Heller had this particular situation in mind when he wrote the classic satirical novel about the fictional 256th US Army Air Squadron during the years 1942-1944 of World War Two. Now, if you were writing about NBA politics, which you didn't imply at all, again with all due respect, that is certainly allowed in the GARM and fits @Clutch's rules beautifully. My apologies if this was a bit long, but I felt that you deserved a detailed answer, at least from my perspective.

joshuaao and RocksMillenium like this.
  18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yes you are.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can the season start already?

Actually, why is there such a long summer break and the season so condensed in the NBA anyway?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't it already like almost 9 months from preseason to the finals?