1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KPRC] James Harden speaks about Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 20, 2019.

1. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Remember when journalists used to report the truth? pepperidge farms remembers

MorningZippo and kjayp like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Disagree, as much as I don’t really like the Westbrook trade at this stage in their careers you can’t deny Westbrook is better than Paul. No one knew OKC was gonna blow it up when the reports came out. I really think if Westbrook didn’t ask to be traded CP3 would still be here. Also considering Westbrook and Hardens friendship it’s not like we just shipped him out to ship him out. Rockets think they got a better player. Even with no locker beef and them liking each other I still think they make that trade.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Surprise surprise, the media is offended for being called out on their bullshit.

There is no actual fire, but of course, media trying to ignite something again. I am sure some of our members will eat this up.

buffalobills!!!, HP3 and napalm06 like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I bet Chris will leak a lot of dirty laundry after he gets moved to his new team.

Especially if his new team won't be a contender.

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Sports media being similar to all media is hardly a controversial claim, and CNN’s behavior is the most well studied of all the major outlets.

If you’re up to date on the literature, then nothing I said was particularly controversial. Regardless, I’d edit my comment if I could and it broke the rules, and if it’s actually incendiary enough, someone can delete it.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's possible that both:

1) Harden and Paul had some tension but were fully prepared to work it out together going into next season and

2) Westbrook, Harden's childhood friend and someone he's always wanted to play with again, suddenly and unexpectedly became available and giving up CP3 was the only way to make it work

can be true at the same time.

8. Aspiring Player

James Harden is one of the most incredible teammates you can ever have.

Invisible Fan and RudyTBag like this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

While I’m still skeptical of Westbrook, there is precedent for hope. First and foremost, when he had Durant, the Thunder were making deep playoff runs year in and year out. Russ was a big part of it. Remember how much trouble the Thunder had against the Rockets after Bev took Russ out? The Durant-led Thunder ended up bowing to the Grizz in Round 2.

Second, in his first year without Durant, Russ still made the playoffs (yes he stat padded and shouldn’t have won MVP but it’s no easy task to make the playoffs in the west, especially when a team lacks shooters. Moreover, the one year the Thunder were truly disappointing looks to be an outlier in hindsight as we saw first hand what a cancer Melo is. This past season, the Thunder looked like legit contenders before PG’s injury, again, despite lacking consistent shooters.

Those facts give me some faith that this upcoming season could be as incredible as 17-18 but hopefully without the freak injury when it matters most. Then again, Russ’s flaws (poor shooting, shot selection, questionable decision making, hero ball, and stat padding) could also lead to a frustrating season not unlike 15-16. Probably just me, but I don’t really see a middle ground. One can only hope for the best...

#109 Elephant810, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    buffalobills!!! and RudyTBag like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Curious, as an Aspiring Player have you played with James Harden before?

11. Aspiring Player

No but I have met him before. Multiple times.

He's not actually who the cough potatoes think he is.

Deuce likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What should we know about him that we might not know?

13. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Sounds reasonable

What is a cough potato? :p

I've heard from people who have been in VIP sections with him that he can run very hot and cold. [​IMG]

#113 BeBreezy, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Deckard and HP3 like this.
  14. Aspiring Player

That he's willing to sacrifice.

GIGO and Deuce like this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Was extremely confused by this before I googled it

Deckard, HP3 and napalm06 like this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah why do care?

What does it matter?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So Goodwill is now "the media". This is like how cops cover for the worst cop in the force.

Deuce, ElPigto, Patience and 2 others like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont forget the well credentialed Ryen Russillo.

19. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

:)

20. gclass

gclass Member

^^^ the hidden truths shall indeed surface at some point. THE BOOMERANG EFFECT lives...