1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

In all fairness, the Warriors are built in such a way that they neutralize good centers all the time. That Hamptons Five lineup was Kryptonite for centers.

D-rock likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Can't space much better than that. :)

malakas, biff17, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm of the opinion that the CP3/Harden relationship had reached a point where they couldn't get on the same page again. No solid evidence to probe that, but a lot of oblique comments made by people on the team and in the front office. If that was true, then our options were limited, and this move has a high upside to it that appeals to me so much that I'm looking past the likely equally probably downside.

@justtxyank, I'm genuinely curious to know what you would have liked to see Morey do IF it was determined that those two guys were done and a move had to be made.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The changes the players need to make:

-they both need to play much better D, including going over picks when switching isn't ideal, be more aware off ball, put more effort on ball, and hustle back on d (don't argue with refs or pretend to be hurt)

-westbrook needs to shoot fewer jumpers. Few off the dribble jumpers or midrange. Averaging 15-20 points is probably ideal. He has more scorers around him now, so his mindset should be layups and assists. Also cut and move off ball.

-harden needs to play at a faster pace. Reduce walking and less often using all 8 seconds to get across halfcourt. Also move off the ball more.

Not expecting these guys to move off ball like Klay but more wrinkles in the offense would help

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

it's not a part of our offense.

you know the one that finished top 2 in offensive efficiency?

7. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I'd argue that's MUCH more a credit to Harden's individual efficiency than any "system" (using quotes because I'm not sure that four guys watching the fifth dribble is actually a system). And I don't think moving without the ball would be bad for his efficiency.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Just because you don't think it's a system does not make it so.

And the fact that you think it's just 4 guys watching the 5th shows you don't have a clue.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Wow, what a thoughtful response full of well-reasoned information. Truly, the internet is richer for your presence.

YOLO likes this.
  10. farhen

farhen Member

Isn't this thread trying to get some attention regarding our franchise player :oops: pure nonsense

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

the disappointing part was that he wasn't getting beat like centers typically get beaten by the warriors, which is out on the perimeter. he was getting beat straight up by their slowest player on the boards

topfive likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

well after the first day when I was completely shocked horrified and blindsighted by this trade, now I have decided to move on. What happened happened, and it's still the middle of July.
    Much better idea to spend my holidays out in the beach than posting here antagonising everyone and being labelled a Debie Downer or a "fake" fan. :)
    My opinion is still the same, but a problem shared is a problem halved.
    I am not going to be the only one who will want to gauge her eyes out soon, you will all be here sharing the fun!
    No need to stay angry now, since tough times are ahead of us in this forum! ;)

justtxyank likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, fair enough. I'm more optimistic about this whole thing, but I can understand the hesitation. Enjoy the beach, and I'll look forward to butting heads with you as the season goes on!

malakas likes this.
  14. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Overreaction fandom. You guy need a chill pill.

15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Yup.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I saw this thread and was like damn that’s troof, and realized I was the first to reply . Quoted for the troof

yup
    this dumbass and his but buddy are who I am referring to. They make us all look bad wit their terrible takes and deflect whenever they get called out on being wrong. “But you’re being negative!”