1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. igotwhipscollectingdust

CP3 reportedly told Harden to space the floor when he doesn’t have the ball and Harden took issue with that. How on earth could any Rockets fan hear that and feel any confidence about this team going further? This was against the defending champs in the playoffs and not some meaningless regular season game against the Hawks.

If Harden isn’t willing to do the little things to win what makes you think this team has any chance going further?

deb4rockets, SWTsig, JW86 and 23 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He also sabotaged, or didn’t really involve himself at all when cp3 was running the plays.

It isn’t about the team, it’s about the Houston hardens now. I’m beginning to really Change my tune on him. If this **** doesn’t work out, Harden can get a taste of his own medicine

deb4rockets, SWTsig, JW86 and 19 others like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Spurs game 6 said a lot, but we were in denial

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I love CP3. But he came up small in regular season and postseason.

We needed more from him and he came up small. Wish him luck but not against my Rockets.

Harden and Westbrook will get to Finals again, something the Point God has never done with any of his stacked teams.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Naw CP3 really didn't play well the entire series till game 6. Harden has his faults but this guy needs more than just Eric Gordon showing up to help him. Capela also needs a real power forward next to him in the paint sometimes to help him too... maybe he wouldn't look as soft as some say.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

tbh, they were both playing weird. Chris was driving in trying to do Harden hero plays (terribly) and Harden just sat in the back like what Russ did when he's not involved as primary.

Ofc things need to change. But who was good enough to make them listen or do it themselves?

I think that's been James and WB's attitude...if you know better to improve my game, then prove it with yours.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If it were CP3 of 5 years ago, yeah I'd be an issue. CP3 could barely score to offset the load on Harden. Now I don't believe Westbrook is the answer but I hope it works out.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

^ LOL at the justification.

CP3 didn’t play well so it’s cool for harden to not try when CP was initiating the offense.

Total winning mentality there.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Exactly. But heres the kicker, some fans here DONT CARE if we're the Houston Hardens. They only care about us being discussed by national media, which to them is worth never winning a championship. Harden sabotaged our chances this past playoff but yet we're all supposed to be glad CP got traded. CP was the ONLY one that wanted a more team oriented offense, now he's gone

10. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

OP is not a Rockets fan. Please go post on the Jazz website. You are no longer needed here.

rocketchamp can join him.

All these stupid takes over and over are getting old.

The horse is dead, long live the dead horse!

RyanB, luckyman76, Blurr#7 and 14 others like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All CP3 needed to do was be aggressive.

James Tiberius Harden showed up.

Chris Paul DID NOT.

/Thread...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Year 1: Not a peep
    Year 2: More movement, more spacing, more passing, less iso!

13. Game7

Game7 Member

Ugh...

DanO 337 likes this.
  14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

cant wait for the season to start. we're gonna kill everybody

15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

It's all about having fun for Harden, moving without the ball is NO fun. ISOing and dribble, dribble is lots of FUN

It is what it is. Morey and org coddled him too much and he has the keys to do whatever he wants with best player on team justification.

It's not a winning mentality though

deb4rockets, SWTsig, JW86 and 5 others like this.
  16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Complete shitposting....

Harden was the best player in that series.... CP3 had the worst playoff series of his career and the worst game of his career (game 5)... CP was fantastic his first year here and these things weren't an issue... But then he got hurt again and lost a step... And then he forgot how to shoot in the playoffs.. Now there's complaining about ball movement... What sabotaged us was his poor play and unfortunate decline.

Stop being SHITTY LOW BALL IQ POSTERS.

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I think it's really subtle and not something either one of them will come out and say. Harden and CP separately lost faith in CP's ability to beat his man off the dribble. CP's response was "break the 2018 pact! more movement, pleasssssssse!" Harden's response: "nah. let's see if you still got it." CP is great as a 3rd star, not as a 2nd... let alone a co-star. Jimmy would have fixed this and let CP fall easily into a 3rd star role, but oh wells. I'm 100% sold on Pat Riley feeding Jimmy the idea that he would be the 3rd option on the Rockets as opposed to 1st in Miami. Russ is not CP and Harden fully respects his game... for now. For the city of Houston's sake, let's just hope Russ doesn't break down in the middle of his current contract, or else the media will put the final straw into Harden for trying to find his buddy out the door.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

My hope is that with his lifelong friend he will take his game up another level.

He either will or he wont.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not buying any of this being factual …. Just a fraud trying to stay relevant.

Blatz and Air Canada like this.
  20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I root for Harden cause he's on the Rockets, but I have never liked his style of play. I lost all respect for him after the end of game 5, and game 6 against the Spurs. Some people put on blinders, but I just can't. Last year with all he was doing, I couldn't watch a full game. The Playoffs was even worse. He is talented and you can tell he works on his game every summer cause he always come back with something new, but he needs to change the way he plays without the ball, and stop holding the ball so damn long. And don't try and blame CP3 for Harden shortcomings.