1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So start the GDM?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No but you can start the GDiRCCWHM

"Gorgui Dieng if Robert Covington Comes with Him Movement"

I'll be your VP.

Edit: Our sub headline is: "...and it doesn't cost us Capela or Gordon"

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hakeem's usage rates were at his highest during the championship years.

Richie_Rich and harold bingo like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, like you said in the other post, if i can only send out a 1st if i eat Dieng's contract in order to get Rob, instead of two 1st rounders and maybe more (2nd, fillers, cash), that would would be a no brainer in terms of asset managment.

Would give the chance to keep a 1st, maybe a 2nd etc, plus would give us a good expiring contract to move in a year, which might end up being a pretty good asset.
    after that trade you have Covington at 12M, Dieng expiring at 16/18M, House at 3M, a couple of 1st rounders, maybe another young interesting player like Hartenstein/Clark, Clemons...there's room there with a mix of these pieces to get a pretty good player if not an all star caliber player

The only problem here is, like you said, is Tilman going to pay that kind of money in taxes just to give Morey that kind of flexibility? Probably and unfortunately not.

D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then OKC needs to send Nerlens Noel to Rockets and the 4th team that receives Clint (Celts?) needs to give up more than just a FRP (Robert Williams?).

Russ/Rivers
    Harden/EGo/Green
    Tucker/House
    Covington/Bennett
    Noel/Tyson/Dieng

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A possible aspect of the Westbrook trade that includes Capela is something I'm enjoying reading about, but I don't want to include Capela! RoCo fits very well with Clint, in my opinion. Fits as in being on the court with him with the Rockets, not in Minnesota.

8. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

If they can expand the Westbrook trade,they could actually do this, but it would cost a lot more picks:

Rockets get:
    Westbrook
    RoCo

OKC gets:
    CP3
    Dieng

Minny gets:
    Patterson
    Hartenstein
    Gary Clark

Minny gets to drop Dieng's contract and drop below the tax. OKC gets some more picks for taking 2 years 33m in Dieng. Rockets get waaaaay better.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't think OKC would do this. They want to get under the tax as well.

I think the clearest path for us is taking on Dieng ourselves and hoping to clear him out later if we need to financially.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Oh my god, I had no idea OKC had so much money already committed this year. 137m!!! I thought they dropped salary in the PG trade, but I guess not much. Yeah, we would have to send Capela for Dieng then, and he's a young desirable asset that would prevent us from sending out more picks.

11. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

The logical piece if we’re reducing tax is EG for Covington, on CC. Clint plays in an area of need and his skill set is perfect for Russ and James. If Eric goes, while I LOVE his defense and shooting and he’s been vital, arguably he’s in his last year and Minny might feature him and resign him, and Austin Rivers could step into the third guard position . It makes more sense for him to go and frees up playing time for Rivers.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Losing Ego would hurt since he gives us so much spacing. That said, I would give him up for RoCo because a stretch 4 would help us out way more. I would love to march out:
    1. Westbrook
    2. Harden
    3. Rivers
    4. Covington
    5. Tucker

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally, at this point i wouldn't move Clint to get back some assets, i like Noel but are we sure he would be that good as a starter? Cause i have some doubts about that tbh, how well would he be elite in pick & roll like Clint? How much would he get out powered by bigger centers? Cause we b****ed about Capela being too weak against bigger guys but take a look at Nerlens, dude is literally like a stick, i'm just not sure i see him bang with bigger centers for 30/35 minutes...but that's just me.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just looking for better starter option than Dieng.

Plus Noel already has chemistry with WB.

Rather keep Clint too.

Vivi likes this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I could maybe warm up to this idea. Gordon's 2nd half of last season was pretty solid though.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure , its possible but not likely , father time is undefeated ….

I think its almost a given that his numbers rise as a result of not being in Harden's shadow but that wouldn't necessarily mean he's playing "Better" or contributing more to winning games , just that he has a higher usage rate.

The window with him was really one year and they missed by a hair ….

17. TimV

TimV Member

Noel can’t be traded until December.

Y’all realize there are rules to this stuff, right?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why the players are so excited. I wouldn't be surprised CP was a locker room problem and the teammates were tired of him. I am actually happy that we got rid of Chris Paul and his terrible contract. But getting Westbrook doesn't get me excited at all. I think last season's problem isn't the lack of another star player. It's the lack of an adequate bench. Last year's offseason was a disaster. I'd say that was Morey's worst since he came. He corrected it somewhat by getting rid of Melo quickly and grabbing Rivers.