1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

When is this organization gonna shut up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 30, 2019.

1. dejamike

dejamike Member

Meanwhile, lots of team are improving especially the East.

2. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

If only an owner could fire themselves.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Agree these things should be done without leaks in the event they don't happen. But why I think they do;

We live in a different world than the 90's. Nothing is secret. And nothing ever will be. It's just easier to wear the truth than hide it because you can't hide it. Players names are going to get tossed out.

Second thing, If Capela, Gordon, and Tucker were loyal before. They won't be anymore. Players generally look out for themselves these days anyway, but if there was loyalty, it's gone. Spent. And better to move on to players who at least think they are wanted.

Lastly, Morey is likely tweeting for his life right now. Big contract or not, he's on the horses end of a pineapple turnover cake. It's his only way to verbalize his worth before the media rips him from the position, and they will do it. So he as to try and change the narrative. Like I said before, I get it, but it never works.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You can't get them all silly, oh especially when they don't want to come here, duh! So we would be complaining if he didn't try, would we not? One of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't type deals".

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Warriors just traded a broken All-Star for an All-Star.

AB423 and houston19519 like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the positive thinking. :D

7. Mr. Space City

Houston pro sports team def have a recent history of writing checks they can’t cash. ;)

[​IMG]

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha Rockets really becoming a toxic environment with everything out there in the media. Tilman might fire Morey sooner than later. Idiots :)

9. Raven

Raven Member

I've been saying for years and years that Morey yaps too damn much.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

every since Tilman bought the team, it's been all talk.

It's been 2 years and the first thing Tilman promised was to fill the lower bowl for television... STILL HASN'T HAPPENED YET

idk why Morey has to go on every tv show and podcast talking about how great we're going to be. I don't see any other championship GM doing that before winning any rings.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

If Jimmy choose MIA, then it's his choice. On Rox's front office, I rather they tried then never pursued. I honestly could careless what the rest of league think. Sometimes going public with a pursuit is to pressure certain teams to make a decision.

If a drawback, it is that the current roster hear their name in trade talks, so I sympathize. Next year, some will be back. That said, this happens with all NBA teams and it is part of the biz.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

These leaks have sizzled out all the fireworks.

Disappointed is an understatement.

I used to like Morty's candor, but not if it pisses off his rivals and we get screwed out of deals people would normally make

13. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I don't really enjoy this owner speaking out there. Saying stuff during Mike D. Negotiations. Also saying things like We can't win with just two stars. I bet that gives players a lot of confidence.

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes, but him not coming here is not the problem silly. The WAY in which we coveted him was tasteless & without class. Our organization lacks morals at times

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

The fact worth noting is that other teams boards are people too, they listen to all that whining and **** talking in media... and then people are mad that nobody wants to help us but they help Pat Riley etc? Morey must come off as a non-bball geek and with his trash talking some of other executives and agents must purely dislike him. Why we don't have any of respected ex-players in the structures? Imagine the difference in approach when Robert Horry with his 8 rings and alpha male genes is talking to you instead of some non bball geek... that's the reason why Elton Brand just comes in and gets **** done

Jontro likes this.
  16. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

They can, it's called selling the team ;)

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Neva!!! Swag.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

How? How does this organization not have morals? How was it tasteless? Because you personally didnt like the way the organization tried pursue a free agent?

Where are the Rockets fans at?

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

When Harden wins MVP

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. I can't believe some of you at times. Daryl Morey has a REPUTATION for talking too much. He's rubbed players, coaches, agents & other GM's all the wrong way. Him publicly dangling our own players names & going on national TV courting superstars we can't afford hurts us. There is a right & wrong way of doing business, and Morey doesn't get that. All he knows is numbers on a calculator

snowconeman22 likes this.