1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

When is this organization gonna shut up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

James Harden trade came out of nowhere. Chris Paul trade came out of nowhere. The Howard signing was very public, but more-so from the Lakers side of things. The Bosh courting was also very public.

If you're hearing a bunch of leaks about it, and they're all centered around the Rockets, there's a good chance whatever it is ain't happening.

burlesk likes this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It’s Tilman. Won’t shut up

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

between the Texans and the Rockets this off season ...i'm really depressed. We made Bill O'Brian our GM and brought back Daniel House. I mean ...let's freaking lose our minds with excitement!

burlesk likes this.
  4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Call me crazy but I'm not really dissapointed cause this is what I expected... Lol Runitback again? Lol

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Just realized i spent half the day checking for free agent moves and weve done literally nothing

6. JazzLakerHater

They really have become a clown show since Tillman has showed up. Very concerning

7. Mr Chuck Norris

All that brash we’re going to sign this and that is not gonna make people want to play here. It’s never worked. I hate this. I’m not even mad that we didn’t get him I’m mad because they talked it up so much.

burlesk likes this.
  8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

It could be worse, we could be the Knicks.

burlesk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Couldn’t. Even. Get. A. Meeting.

10. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Dont worry guys his next tweet will be they will sign a big time midlevel player and be a major player in the buyout market once again while the rest of the NBA run away from while laughing oh and he will use the line we have our starting 5 coming back and pretend like he was never trying to trade them smh

mastan likes this.
  11. rammo

rammo Member

Free agency is over is it?

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Let's hope Morey's firing come out of nowhere too

rocketman84 likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

If Butler was the main target then Morey would have camped out on Butler's porch since last week.

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and tc0330 like this.
  14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If you look at the remaining free agents outside of Kawhi it basically is. It's the trade market and bargain shopping for us now.

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I’ll never believe these guys again. Can’t even get a meeting.

Convinced all this was a smokescreen to get the media to stop talking about CP vs Harden

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Threads like these and the half empty lower bowl at Toyota Center is why nobody takes our fanbase seriously.

Clutchfans haters, whiners, and crybabies speak out of both sides of their ass.

If Morey had said absolutely nothing at all this offseason, y'all would still call him fat and lazy, and would make a dozen "Do SoMeThInG MaUrY!" threads.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Talk all you want to. As long as we are in the conversation every year (and we are), who gives a ****?

18. SemisolidSnake

I highly doubt Daryl Morey reads these boards, and if he does it would only be for a laugh at how absurdly emotional and hair-triggered they get.

I also suspect Daryl Morey is completely unfazed by this. There's no doubt that he has more information on the situation than anybody and he probably had very realistic percentage chances of this deal happening or not worked out and is less surprised than anyone.

Of course, you're never going to put anything negative about yourself or your organization out there. For all we know, Morey might have thought he had a 15% chance of landing Butler, but he's always going to act like he has a 90-99% chance on anything. So is anyone.

That said, I agree with the sentiment of this thread that the organization just needs to be quiet. When you just got skunked and everybody in the world knows you have an unfavorable contract situation, no one's going to buy your false bravado that everything's ok and actually fantastic. When you're down and beat, just accept it, take a tactical retreat, stay quiet, and work on your next moves without drawing attention to yourself.

joshuaao and beard4life like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Leaking a bunch of nonsense to the press isn't doing something. He's a GM, not a publicist.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is where my frustration lies with this organization I don't care that they didn't give Butler it is the pathetic way that they went about it.

Honestly all Mori does is talk. I'm still waiting for him to backup all of that crap