1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

2. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Go head and order your Butler jerseys, ladies and gents. I don't know how it's gonna happen but that's not my job. It's happening. Time to set myself up to be hurt again.

rockets13champs likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Philadelphia 76ers forward Jimmy Butler intends to decline his player option — barring an unforeseen change of circumstances — yet the Sixers remain adamant about doing whatever it takes to retain the star, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

In opting out of the $19.8 million player option — in which he has a June 29 deadline to do so — it sets the eight-year veteran up to be one of the top unrestricted free agents on the market.

The Sixers were prepared for this decision, sources said.

Butler, 29, was always a top priority for the franchise, but the four-time All-Star further solidified his value to the team in the postseason with his consistent play and veteran leadership, sources said.

Butler’s agent, Bernie Lee, has been resolute since Butler’s trade demand out of Minnesota that any teams interested in him would be competing with multiple maximum contract offers, and that market is revealing itself to be true.

The Los Angeles Lakers have genuine interest in acquiring Butler, sources said.

“Knock on wood, I will get a max contract no matter where I go,” Butler stated at his exit interview last month. “You always want to be able to win. I think that’s key, for sure. You’re looking at coaches, you’re looking at the city. There’s a lot that goes into it.”

Butler complemented the skillsets of young 76ers stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons on both ends of the court and seemed like a natural fit.

Regarded as one of the top two-way players in the game, the Sixers understand Butler’s presence is a vital component to keeping the organization’s championship aspirations alive. Philadelphia took the champion Toronto Raptors to seven games in the second round of the playoffs.

The Sixers also want to bring back free agent Tobias Harris, who will have multiple suitors. If the franchise is able to keep the band together, the Sixers figure to rival the Raptors next season.

In 55 games with the Sixers, Butler averaged 18.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.8 steals.

s3ts, yixiixiy and Vivi like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

womp womp woooooomp

Plan A: Failed

s3ts likes this.
  5. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's ogre for us then.

amaru likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Actually, it's a feint to convince the Sixers to trade him to Houston for peanuts. (Cue evil laugh) :p

basketballholic likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

You guys joke on this but Chris Paul was about to opt out to test free agency the 23rd of June so, yeah, this basically means nothing for now.

9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This was predictable the moment Durant and Thompson went down.

amaru likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mmmh, i wonder if Clutch is actually serious here...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy Butler was never coming here...I guess Jimmy to HOU was slightly more realistic than AD to HOU for Capela and spare parts tho

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. mikol13

Supporting Member

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t.

I mean there is always a chance that Butler is using this as leverage. Guess we will see.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes he is serious. If Butler opts out and becomes a free agent we aren't adding him.

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i never thought jimmy would actually come here. pipe dream

s3ts likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There was never really any chance of him coming

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Butler just declined his player option which kills any dream Houston had at signing him. I guess these were the fireworks Tad Brown was referring to.

D-rock likes this.
  18. mikol13

Supporting Member

What do you mean!? I thought the Rockets had their pick of the FA’s!? Smh.

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. basketballholic

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

[​IMG]