1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You mean people who don't buy their insider-ness?

I don't …. but at least they give us something to talk about.

One thing I do know for certain and from experience of having close family members play and coach in both the NFL & MLB is that if you do have inside information and you broadcast it …. You wont have the privilege of that kind of information again.

napalm06, Sajan, Corpusfan and 3 others like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's not what I read ?

You said Mike , Dan and Tony are on the hot seat.

Article said Rockets offer Mike , Dan and Tony a contract extension that is incentive laden.

Just sounds like the typical Morey move to me - leave himself an out and pay only what you must.

Did I read something wrong there ?!

Don't take my question as a personal affront …. Its not meant as such.

3. basketballholic

This is very true.

4. basketballholic

Clutch has vouched for @cyberx. So he is connected. It's obvious Morey and Fertita don't want to get entangled long term with MDA presently. If you'll go back in time to MDA's hire by Les, remember that Morey was the one that wanted a defensive coach while Les was insisting on MDA. The compromise that was reached then was that MDA would be the head coach but we would hire a defensive coach not chosen by MDA to be the assistant head coach.

We lost Chris Finch in the process who had been considered the head coach in waiting.

So the evidence shows it's fair to say and obviously true that MDA is on the hotseat.

vlaurelio, JoeBarelyCares and amaru like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That may be true …. I'm not knocking the guy. But it's probably from the player / agent end and not a front office tie. Those are bridges easily burned …. The things he has posted here would have had him exiled from any team / front office relationships.

Another thing - Trades , they usually materialize quickly or don't and GM's rarely discuss trades with players or agents until a deal is struck. They don't want pissed off employee's …. you almost traded me ? That leads to bad relationships between players and management.

You always hear guys at the deadline - they go about business as usual then get traded and say "I had no idea."

Maybe true …. but offering him an extension with the potential for up to $9m doesn't sound like such a slap in the face to me.

Zoplicone and D-rock like this.
  6. basketballholic

@cyberx is a media guy. Has connections on both sides of the table.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The chance you are exposed to insider information from a family member/friend is slim to none. I had a bit of my family have their reign in the NHL and an old friend currently in the NFL, and you're not given that kind of information to begin with. If you are it's unimportant tidbits that you're hardly special for knowing.

Cyberx's case is a bit more nuanced than a friend on the inside.

#807 BigggReddd, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    vlaurelio likes this.
  8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

9. rockets13champs

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. rockets13champs

Nah he’s coming back, it’s too late to fire his ass, this off season. We need to start hiring staff

D-rock likes this.
  11. ReturnOfTheMac

Looking back at the trade deadline, would you have given up tuck, eg and multiple first round picks for Jimmy B?

12. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

good luck with that, Im sure there still time to fire him/ r for him to quit.. Hes has quit before

13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I’m really confused with the reaction to the failed extension talks. Why extend MDA when we all know if we lose to GSW next year, Fertitta will fire him. We all know he will and if we don’t make a star level acquisition, we might lose to A less team.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Absolutely not.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@cyberx since you are around can you give us an update on your intel regarding Jimmy Butler? Seems like it's all quiet on that front

16. mockster

mockster Member

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@mockster what's your latest intel telling you bout Jimmy Butler?

18. mockster

mockster Member

I’m not an insider, I don’t get intel like that. Only once in a blue moon. Last I heard basically what I’ve said previously is feeling appears to be mutual between them. Butler wanted to come here during that trade debacle on wolves. Harden will play a factor in recruiting butler, they talk.

I think butler will be here but basketball is a business and people get funny when money is involved.

Rockets preferably want a star player in the SF position, if they don’t get that they still want a very talented player there. They see the need to have good players that can defend and match up with God’s like Durant, Lebron, Greek freak, the klaw and etc

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Butler is Morey's main target.

MDA seat getting hot.

Butler is in a glass factory, where it's very hot.

MDA has roots in Italy.

The glass factory is in Italy.

Obviously something is happening.

rockets13champs likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

Where you from?

Jimmy Butler: “Texas!”

D-rock likes this.