1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Any thoughts on why Harden let go of Irv?

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Your understanding of the game of basketball is not good at all.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is true, you're definitely right about Rockets matching up better. I mean look at all the crazy/silly threads this board had about how Portland was going to do something against the GSWs and got swept, hahah.

Stephen_A likes this.
  4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Kawhi being 100x better than Harden and Harden being 99.9% of people are both most likely innaccurate statements.

Edit: the second is definitely wrong on many different scales.

5. HROZ

HROZ Member

I mean Kawhi just wouldn't let that happen.
    He's the best player in the world. Pure and simple.

Let's not forget Kawhis doing this with a leg that doesn't look 100%

I mean I don't get why people think he quit
    Spurs tried to pressure him into coming back early and risked his career. He did the tight thing by leaving.

Kawhi is the better player but yes I want to see a fresh Harden in the playoffs.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Matching up better in the regular season does not mean anything though......teams play their hardest in the Playoffs, there's is no way to know this unless the Rockets make it to the Finals, they won't encounter any East teams beforehand.

Also some seasons the Raps sweep us, some seasons it is tight, and some seasons the Rox have the upper hand.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. HROZ

HROZ Member

I mean we have got to be realistic.

Even last year in the Warriors series CP3 was the best player in the series until his injury.

James is amazing but Kawhi with his physical tools and his game is just better than James Harden especially in the playoffs.

In the playoffs less fouls are called so James gets less calls. And his drive or three game is easier to prepare for. And teams look to exploit his lazy defence.

Kawhis meanwhile can mark another top 5 player(Giannis) and still give you 35 a night and lead you to victory.

bmelo and daywalker02 like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Shoulda coulda woulda. Motto of CF posters. We gonna glorify going to 7 games with a team lol meanwhile raptors are winning with them playing midrange and postups. And we had them without Durant AND Boogie this year. But Im sure James and DAntoni have some excuses

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Leonard could have played but there was no reason to, the relationship was damaged, there was probably a lot of drama going on behind the scenes. I definitely agree he was injured in the wcfs the year before though on that bullshit foul, but I seriously have doubts he needed to sit out a year. SA knew he was gone and the Raptors seized the opportunity.

I'm also still thinking Leonard wants to be back in Cali and I'm pretty sure he will be gone. But Toronto did more in one year w/ him than they've done their entire franchise so it's already been worth it for them (regardless of his choice). I mean, do you think that he'll be coming back to Toronto?

I'm also not saying he's not a legit two-way player, he's exceptional, and probably the best currently in the NBA (as a two way), I'd just like to see how it works out when he's carrying a heavier load in the West and depending where he goes how good his supporting cast will be. I mean Toronto in the shitty east, just needed to make the playoffs and have a fresh Leonard and they were going to be the favorites other than the Bucks to make it out (76ers were 3rd, but I think they still need some time).

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, Spurs lucked into Duncan for sure, they did do great with some of their other draft picks but Duncan was the clear reason. I mean they had Robinson back from being out and he got his ring.

On a side note, I don't like the Spurs.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Didnt we loose this series? Didnt Harden choke away two double digit half leads in a row to loose at home?

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dude, get a grip. If you think Harden was facing a Durantless, Klayless, semi-Cousins version Cousins, Looneyless Warriors, and that things wouldn't be different for the Rockets.. you're not right in the head. You implied some things in your reply. If you want to pretend (or if you're too stupid to understand that you implied things (you're not stupid so that doesn't qualify) that the Raptors series is easier than the one the Rockets faced.. you're dreamin'.

#212 don grahamleone, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    BMoney and CCity Zero like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I mean I can see this too, I didn't follow it super closely, I mean I know for sure he got hurt bad in the wcfs, on that cheap play. I think the Spurs could have handled it better, I mean having it played out in the media last season didn't help their image (not that it bothered me, I'm not a Spurs fan). I think after that mess it was definitely good they both moved on.

HROZ likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's a fact in the last 2 weeks. Let's see how long that lasts.

There are so many idiots in this world that mistake good players on great teams for the greatest player ever. This Raptors team is awesome. Kawhi is part of it, but he's not the best in the league. He's just the best player on the best team. Slow your minds. The dude is so soft he can't even play 70 games a year.

BMoney, Emanuele Braghetti and HP3 like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh boy. This is how people get blocked.

Outrageous stupidity.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He just did not want to play for the Spurs.

Its not "quit" for me.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of the point
    I was being sarcastic.

Is there an offense or situation
    Where Harden missed 22 games
    And the rockets have a better percentage of wins
    Than they do with him????

Anyone anyone.
    Beuller Beuller???

Rocket River

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey is the one who deserves criticism. The wing players are too damn small, CP3 & NeNe are too damn old and Ibaka is 100x better than Capela.
    Morey and Fertita screwed this offseason up.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I hate to say this but if you sub harden in there, raptors have way better team than rockets do. Rockets just dont have a good team surrounded by harden thats it. THey lack real depth.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude the Spurs are a first class organization who's had more success than every team in the NBA this millennium.
    The bottom line is your hero quit on the Spurs after faking an injury. You can't get around that. they payed him $20 million to sit 73 games and they offered him $220 mill. That's making fun of him? Wow.