1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he gets to travel all the way back home to get better seats at oracle

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Why would his seats be better? He used to be on the home bench...

3. mingthething

mingthething Member

4. yoeddy

When did Chris Paul win a game in an NBA Finals?

Patience likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol. Mr. Barstool failed math class.

yoeddy likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's the fun sized version of the Victory Qi-gar

7. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's Linsanity all over again

9. Lovemachine2000

Damn, even that play resulted in a turnover.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

All the Lin fans are so happy and crying with joy like their parents bought them a tickle me Elmo doll for Christmas

11. tinman

Supporting Member

He must be a Lin fan too

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I bet Lin adds "NBA Champion" sooner than anyone on the Toronto roster if they beat the Shitz in Oakland.

He should send the ring over to James, Dwight, Chandler and even McHale. Blowing that Portland series was unforgivable...James and Dwight could have done much more damage that year and the Warriors were vulnerable.

But again, this turd that was born when Melo stopped playing for the Knicks (MDA is exempt because he had to find someone to play), had to try and be a real PG like Kyle Lowry, Pat Bev or CP3 and blow 2 games to the likes of Mo Williams and Nic Freakin' Batum. Good Lord.

If it's not obvious, I'm so glad that Jeremy Lin is now a career team bouncer who brings nothing but hairstyles and a cult following to each unfortunate team that gives him an opportunity to rot on the bench.

Blessed be the day when he no longer makes money in the NBA.

Or, all can be forgiven if he apologizes to the city of Houston for everything, allows Francisco Garcia to beat the brakes off of him and takes every Cult Follower of his from the BBS back to JeremyLinJumpsInTheAirAndPassesForATurnover.com

With love on a Thursday,
    Cod

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. tell us what you really think, Cod :D

tinman and Codman like this.
  14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I bet Lin is a nice person. I've never met him, but I've heard good things. I still think I should say, "I've had the pleasure of never meeting him" though. :)

But, in terms of Rockets I resent the most, he's near the top of the list for not just the errors, but the inability to accept a role, accepting that he wasn't good enough to run a team with Harden, and most of all, which is not his fault, bringing some of the worst fans I've met and read from in my life. Ever. I know the NBA love the business he brings but:

YAO MING brought an EPIC following (With GOAT stats) and despite years of his eccentric followers claiming that the Rockets weren't treating him well (Even though we ran nearly every play through him and called him "our guy" over McGrady), his followers didn't post with such illogical, unfounded fanaticism.

The board was disrupted at times with the posters who cared more about his stats than if the Rockets won, but Lin fans are monsters. They literally believe Lin is better than his teammates and that he has NEVER had his fair shot on any team. I always read the excuses that Lin would have been _____ had _____ given him minutes or if _____________ wasn't already an established all-star.

I love Yao and Yao's fans because they learned that Yao LOVED the Rockets and his teammates.

This is my biased generalizations, and I'm sure there are some Lin fans that also know how to support a team but:

Lin fans have learned that Jeremy has made millions while under performing in EVERY contract (New Jersey was idiotic for that contract), and they'll put his stats over a team. That's why Lin's fans will call him a "Champion" of the East or "NBA Champion" the minute it happens. They don't care about the team aspect of basketball. They care about Jeremy.

He goes on the same list of Rockets that includes Pippen, Fisher (that garbage was a Rocket, but never touched the floor), Kevin McHale, DMo (what a waste of Rockets/Morey's energy and a career), Dwight Howard (The more I find out, the less I can defend during his time here), Mr."Be Well" , Kevin McHale's crooked fingers when calling a play (there was no play) and Kevin Mchale as a coach, player, commentator, prospective coach fail and James Harden hater (I could list 200 pages of player feelings, mistakes, personal discussions with players who know the douche)

*Honorable Mention:
    -A good person who made the AWFUL decision to include Cuttino Mobley in the TMac deal, when it was known that he didn't have to be included....( my only irritation towards JVG)
    - Sean Elliot (Thank God for how things turned out, but sit your Mike Pence-supporting butt down with the obese women, according to Sir Charles, of San Antonio.
    -Matt Maloney's contract (Study that thing...how long it lasted ...how he may have been paid by us during his 10 day contract return...what in the hell...)

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It is a highlight.

He managed to NOT turn it over.

Edit: I was wrong. Turnover. :(

tinman and Patience like this.
  16. yoeddy

Ivy League graduates know math. So do Asians and Asian-Americans.

17. yoeddy

lol! Jeremy left the court with the Rockets leading and less than a second left. Someone else blew that series.

And I love Bev...but he's a "real PG"? Really? C'mon...

18. yoeddy

What? Never accepted a role? He completely accepted his role with the Rockets...maybe he didn't like it, but he accepted it and was professional about it as much as any player who gets demoted. How in the world do you get "he never accepted a role"?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You should change your name to Abacus Finch.

20. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

i thought so too but per the box score, he was not given a turnover :confused: