1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston officials actively exploring the trade market for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 4, 2019.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Loooool, terrible to take on that Wiggins contract.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Does it have to be credible to post a trade offering like that - to me this falls into the "OF COURSE Houston is willing to offer something to get Anthony Freaking Davis" bucket. It doesn't take an insider to assume every NBA team has some kind of package of expendable guys they would be willing to offer for AD. This would seem to fall into that category.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You have made good points, but I would to add a tougher center to replace Capela and to retain Tucker. Tucker plus EG or Capela isn't likely to be enough to acquire a superstar.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

This is the first piece of good news Ive seen this off season.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You said tough but I bet Morey was thinking Brook Lopez.

6. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

The Celtics got lucky that they traded with Billy King who gave multiple unprotected picks as well as the Nets team having some unfortunate and not necessarily expected downfalls. Williams falling off a cliff at 29 was not expected, Lopez got injured, etc.

If the Rockets can find a sucker GM, sure, but that's not something to expect.

Patience and saleem like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'll settle for him. I hope his improved rebounding and shot blocking is not a flash in the pan. His shooting is automatic. I seriously doubt that Morey can get him with the MLE. He is a UFA.

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

HOU - AD (NOP) + T. Prince (ATL)

ATL - Capela (HOU)

IND - Gordon (HOU)

NOP - #10 (ATL) + #18 (IND) + HOU 4 1sts (2020, 2022, 2024, 2026) + Plumlee (ATL) + McDermott (IND) + Leaf (IND)

Zion gets to co-GM Pellies for next 6 years + Pellies in thick of West by 2022.

ATL is competitive in East next year.

IND replaces Evans and more competitive in East next year.

HOU - ship!

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Notice how quiet Scoop B has been? I think he conned his way into people believing he was something.

Every once in a while he will like a tweet I sent him long ago talking him up. He’s done this with the same tweet like 5 times in hope that people will see it. Pretty ridiculous. Hell, I don’t even have enough followers to make a difference anyway. :p

Vivi likes this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

Capela and Gordon are almost certainly goners, perhaps we can manage to keep one. Losing Gordon would still be regardless a big blow to us. He’s a solid player and nearly all star level. Capela is great and can get better but I feel like for our style and mission hes pretty replaceable with the market out there. Plus he was exposed in the warriors series.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Great trade. Next up we can trade Harden for John Wall. We will have the top 3 worst contracts in the NBA, on the same roster!

BigggReddd likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am curious if P.J Tucker can be a Head Coach one day.

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I highly doubt that.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry to bud in saleem, trading of Tucker would be a break the glass event in order to obtain a big star.

Ideally the Rockets would like to trade CP3 for relatively nothing in return in order to fit a Free Agent into that
    salary slot. Example: CP3 out and in slides Jimmy Butler or AD trade. Rockets would then probably keep Tucker
    on the roster.

But if CP3 can’t be traded in time*, the Rockets have to dump/trade everyone outside of Harden/CP3......then build
    the roster around CP3/Harden/ Butler or AD. My guess is Butler and coach Thibs would be hired as head coach.

All of this with Butler committing to Houston in back channels. Rockets don’t trade everyone, especially Tucker on
    a whim.

Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Knicks are all willing to empty out the cupboard to get 2 to 3 stars in this years free agency.
    Rockets must feel like, “we can do this as well.” JJ Redick may have told Jimmy Butler that he wants to go where
    he goes......plus he said he liked playing with CP3. That would replace the Eric Gordon role (at less money).

*Side note: Rockets don’t want to wait until the Lakers strike out in free agency in order to trade CP3.
    Houston needs to trade CP3 before free agency in order to bid on a Jimmy Butler type Star in free agency.
    Can’t stand by in ideal and expect to bag the big buck. Rockets have a bunch of trade exceptions
    to help facilitate one deaI. Using the best exception for the trade finances.

#134 ApacheWarrior, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    BigShasta likes this.
  15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Coach Thicc gives me boners

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The reality is that we are going to have to give up value to get it. We might not get a superstar, but its entirely possible that we do (look at what OKC gave up for Paul George). It's more likely however that we manage to get an upgrade, with someone who is marginally better or simply a different player that gives up something on defense but brings more consistency to the offensive end of the court.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If this is the case...and they’re just looking to trade them for the sake of trading them, then we really are at the end of the Harden era, at least in terms of competing. You’re not going to get upgrades for old players.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

"never"

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I honestly run it back with the core if u cant get Jimmy. Gotta fine better pg play. Maybe cp3 has a fire next year. We just gotta develop clint... I would trade him for butler or a star but if dont I think he can still get better really

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yep. It's the only thing they have done right so far

HP3 likes this.