1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is -36 in this series.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, May 1, 2019.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Choose your own adventure: Capella gets a lob pass under the basket in the playoffs.

A. Bricks it off the front of the rim
    B. Fumbles it out of bounds
    C. Shakes his head in disgust as he walks back to the other end of the court.
    D. A, B, and C

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Capela got as unplayable as Ryan Anderson last year. Ouch

No, Nene is not a big minutes player. But then whats the point of Nene, if its not saving him for the postseason? Thats his entire usefulness. If he can't handle 15-18 mpg, still got Faried.

snowconeman22 and napalm06 like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Sign Looney.....

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Capela isn't a good match up with the Warriors but your suggestions of replacements are just asinine. We went small and got out worked everywhere.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

bargain contract afterall.

6. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Sign Deandre Jordan and use Clint for trade chip for AD or Someone. Then we back innit.

#houstonrockets2020

rocketman84 likes this.
  7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Capela should change his name to Looney's B.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

[​IMG]

now take into account the salaries of the three =O

s3ts, hakeem94, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

My suggestions are asinine eh?

Here's my suggestions

1. Center with length that can shoot the 3, switch defend on the perimeter, and hold the post.

To call my suggestions asinine.... after watching this crap two seasons..

You're a joke.

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I wanted him a few years back

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

KAT?

12. basketballholic

NOPE!

And just like with Capela, I hate telling you that. Because I like KAT a lot. He'd a franchise cornerstone. He's smart. Great work ethic. High character. And a great human being.
    And he sure can shoot the 3.

But he DOES NOT fit our system and what is REQUIRED to beat the Warriors. He cannot switch defend any better than Capela, maybe not as good. Warriors would iso him up with Curry and burn us down.

And this is the classic mistake most fans and a lot of teams make. They get caught in the trap of thinking they can OUTGUN the Warriors by turning games into shoot outs if they keep getting great shooters. That will never work against the Warriors.

You have to defend the Warriors and make them work for their shots. Then you have to go to the other end, spread them out to water down Draymond's defensive influence and work Curry and Durant over by making them defend the ball in space.

That is the ONLY RECIPE to defeat the greatest team ever assembled in the NBA.

KAT does not fit. Imagine him iso'd up against Curry. Hit and sunk. Won't work.

But hold that thought.....

Since we're talking about great players now instead of role players.. replace KAT in that defensive iso with Anthony Davis.

Yes to AD. No to KAT. Why? Because AD fits both our defensive and offensive system. KAT doesn't.

But KAT on a long term contract may be a great fit for the Pels. However I don't see the Wolves giving in to a trade request from KAT. Even though I've heard it's coming. And I don't see the Pels sending AD to us. They'll trade him East. I think we're going to have to look elsewhere for the solution.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

So your suggestion is Anthony Davis or KAT.......? Oh wait...... Zhou who can't play in the NBA would have been better? Or is it 4 picks for Whiteside who cant shoot, has an awful attitude, but can play ball only when he decides to?

Why not just aim to get Paul George? Why does it have to be a center?

14. dmoneybangbang

Simply put..... finding a center who can match up to the other 29 teams, including outplay Draymond Green and GSW, will be very difficult to do.

Capela can match up to other 28 teams. Morey will do his due diligence with Capela but I wouldn't hold your breath.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I bet someone name Anthony Davis could.

16. basketballholic

Doesn't have to be a center. Had to be guys that can play center. Yes, AD is an obvious fit. And yes, because Zhou could shoot the 3 and has better stamina to get up and down than Capela, yes, Zhou who can play on ther NBA would have been better against the Warriors than Capela.

Whiteside is a huge expiring contract. He would donate the boards here for a few months and then become a nice piece for a team looking to dump salary. His contract is part of a solution, not his play.

No it doesn't have to be a superstar. Luc isn't a superstar. Anthony Randolph would work great. Jarrod Uthoff worked be great. Jay Green would work. Ricjuan Holmes is a free agent too. He would work. If we could sign 3 of those guys without trading anybody we would have a great chance next season. I think Holmes and Uthoff either probably come for the minimum. So it doesn't have to be a superstar. It has to be the right skill sets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So you guys plan to pry the premier free agent in the NBA away with Clint Capela as the centerpiece? Clint. Capela. LMAOOOOO.

[​IMG]

YOLO likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

its going to be a great offseason.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

I have to agree with @Clutch latest podcast where he says maybe we can turn Capela into another player that can help us and replace Capela with DeAndre Jordan. If Jordan can give us say 70% of Capela at a much better value and we can get another piece using Clint, it's probably worth it.

JoeBarelyCares and hakeem94 like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

You just shoot yourself in the foot by bringing up Zhou and Jared Uthoff as someone with the skill set needed to match up to Draymond Green and the Warriors.

Whiteside doesn’t fit. We have a team rebounding issue and we’d have to retool our defense to fit Whiteside. We don’t play traditional defense.

Morey will look into all the permutations, for example swapping Capela and Gordon out for Deandre Jordan, Danny Green, and House for example. However you suggestions are crazy.