1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is James Harden doing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by N2bnfunn, May 4, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wow, shut this stupid thread down! My man @Zboy killed it.

that post is an early contender for Post of the Year

biff17 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

It’s funny how people just gloss over how garbage CP3 was when it was closing time. Yeah, let’s kill Harden and wish for the ball to be in CP3’s hands so he can force bad shots, turn it over, or get tied up for a jump ball.

CP3 is averaging 5.4 assists to 3.8 turnovers shooting 27% from 3 in these playoffs. You’d swear he’s been ballin.

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

That avatar is awful. Just change it.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL'ing my ass off reading through this thread. If James had more consistent support play from the bench his game would look much better, but since they dont show up every game he has to keep walking on water. It comes down to trust and Im betting James trusts himself more than anyone else on the team right now (save EG maybe). All you Harden Blasphemers will be remembered!

s3ts, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  5. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Do you disagree with my comment?

If so please enlighten us with your take...

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sure Harden would expend less energy and be more efficient if he had the Warriors’ roster...

and he’s still matching KD in scoring and efficiency this series while being guarded by a plethora of different defenders like Klay, Iggy, and Draymond and the Warriors main priority being stopping him...KD can barely even get double teamed because of the team he’s on

KD’s play took a noticeable dip in the postseason before he decided to stack the deck

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah I am also sure about that.

The thing is we try to beat them, so good enough does not cut it.

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

Jalen and Jacoby are speaking on this EXACT subject on their show. I’m sure someone will post the video once it’s up but you should give it a watch.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont forget the refs

Harden is playing against the refs
    the refs are playing for Durant

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It blows your mind because you don't know Rox or Harden. I can tell you don't watch and you a fake fan by this very take.

Because IF you did watch, you would know that if Harden is manned up at half court or near half court he wants his guys to go 4v4 with all the extra space. I have seen him say this to Rivers, Gordon, and a few others, several times this season alone. If the opponent wants to go 4v4 in a half court set, Harden knows with CP3, Gordon, and Rivers, we have an advantage with all that space. So again, not surprised your mind is blown because it's apparently tiny and misinformed just like Jalen and that idiot Jacoby.

Now quit pretending you watch and support the Rox because you clearly don't if you don't know Harden's 4v4 strategy.

RayRay10 and Jake Tower like this.
  11. NateNate

NateNate Member

Wait. I'm being trolled right?

12. cmutt

cmutt Member

Sorry, but I have to disagree somewhat. While that may be true on some occasions, that he is just trying to give the others maximum space to operate... he is not doing it properly or efficiently. In order to get the best results and maximize the teams potential on those possessions, Harden should be making himself a legitimate threat on those plays. But instead, he's effectively taking himself out of the play by being way too far outside of any immediate threat zones, and thus he's allowing his defender to sag way off of him and basically just zone up, and interfere with the other 4 players.

Harden would be much more dangerous if he stayed closer to action, placed himself in good spots to be a recipient of a kick out pass, flashed to the corners, or flashed through the paint once in a while. Just to be more diverse and also to give the defenses some other looks and keep them honest. And more importantly, to give himself and the Rox some other scoring opportunities... especially easier opportunities.

And more times than not, his position is too far away from the action, and it's plainly obvious that he's resting and/or taking the play off. That hurts the team far more than it helps.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Then you disagree with Harden because I've seen HIM say this. Again, this is not my opinion, this is Harden's own words to teammates to go 4v4. I've seen it many times both in Toyota Center and on television during the games. As far as whether he is executing it "right," with all due respect, I trust Harden more than you on how to handle half court press and 4v4s for his teammates because he's an NBA player and we're not NBA players dealing with those issues in person.

You wish.

14. cmutt

cmutt Member

I disagree with the logic and effectiveness of that particular strategy, whoever it comes from. Because done in THAT particular way... it defies basketball common sense.

Think about it. Harden standing straight up, arms down, practically at half court, being of absolutely no use or threat... that allows his defender to almost completely disregard him, not worry about him, and sag into the driving and passing lanes... practically letting GS play 5 on 4.

It's okay to disagree, we're just sharing viewpoints.

15. SemisolidSnake

He does this exact same thing in the regular season. And has been for years in both season and postseason.

This approach still mystifies me to this day.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i must admit, i didn't want him to have the ball at the end, but he came through and hit that stepback on Iggy. I'd rather CP get a good midrange shot or set up gordon for a 3, than have harden take a bad shot or turn the ball over. but hey...if he comes through this year, he is the Man. He can finally burry those demons...

17. threepointshot3

18. biff17

biff17 Member

No it's the truth.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

His defender never zones up why are repeating that falsehood?

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

haven't you been watching the past year or so ?