1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is James Harden doing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by N2bnfunn, May 4, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden needs to stop hanging out with the and one players less like professor and Bone collector. He was touting in one espisode that he is the only cross right now between NBA and street ball. Such a bad idea seems to me. People like that like Iverson never won anything playing that way.

#81 YallMean, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    hakeem94 and LorneMalvo like this.
  2. threepointshot3

You need go to shrink about all you’re pent up harden hate.

3. biff17

biff17 Member

There stats and percentages are almost dead even what are you talking about?

jcf and juanm34 like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

No carry on. Never mind me. I don’t know what I am talking about.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

You need to check out the thread where I posted flying into SFO just to watch G1 at oracle wearing his Jersey and got booed by the Warriors fans.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It could be design as well.

You have to slow the tempo down against the Warriors and beat them up physically.

You basically have to make the game ugly and make them struggle with you.

If you let it turn into a finesse game with lots of quick shots/misses and fast break opportunities, they can open the game up and murder you.

Over the last two years that we have played the Warriors in the playoffs, they have not been able to run away with it as much as they should have been able to given their talent.

Having said that I want to add a couple of things:

1) Yes, Harden struggles more in playoffs when compared to regular season, but then again what players dont? In the playoffs, teams scout the Rockets thoroughly, and their main emphasis to to slow Harden down. He generates so much of our offense, that teams are always going to put emphasis on shutting him down than something else.

2) While the general perception is that Harden is struggling, when you look at his numbers, they are not much different than what Durant's, even though Durant's only concern is scoring, while Harden, besides being the team's primary scorer, is also the team's primary playmaker! Harden has more burden on his shoulders than Durant does and he is still getting his numbers.

3) In addition, Durant also has a more star players around him, to not only make plays, but also to shoulder the offense as well. This also gives him better and more open looks.

4) In spite of Harden "struggling", his team is the only one to legitimately challenge the Warriors since Durant has joined the Warriors. It would have taken them out if CP was not hurt last year, and possibly won game 7 in spite of that even he got a few favorable calls, and would have been up 2-1 this year if he wasnt robbed in game 1. Warriors have hardly blown the game open over the last two years. This with CP as his only other star player.

5) While Harden is not perfect, he is still one of the best players in the NBA, and despite you or others that may think he is a choker, his team, with him generating team offense, has been great this past two playoffs. If not for the Warriors and their All star cast, he would have already had a ring.

Harden hurts his own reputation by going ape **** in the regular season. If he went down a gear and played like most other players in the regular season, I think fans expectation wouldn't be so high going into th playoffs.

So, those that think that Harden stinks in the playoffs, let me know once you have added a better player to the Rockets and gone further in playoffs than he has.

Until then, **** off to another player's/team's site that you think is more clutch and has better chance to dethrone the Warriors.

This would be Harden reading the posts by Rockets fans on this forum...
    [​IMG]

#86 Zboy, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    alethios, jordnnnn, biff17 and 15 others like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Sick of this TBH...its so stupid and useless if it doesnt work, and alot of time it doesnt against Gs in big moments. SMH

We wasted possessions like that towards the end of the game.

Rockets need to get into their sets early.

Mike D and Harden need to wise up.

8. riko

riko Member

You know there is a lot of merit to this.Pretty much how we competed with them last season. Slugfest

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It’s not about him struggling. It’s about sabotaging possessions with and1 ball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Explains a lot.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is very good at what he is doing.

I doubt this is by design against warriors. He plays the same way against the Spurs or the Suns. This is how he operates.

He works on this way of playing and is really good at it.

There are some deceptions in this game, no doubt. But even those deceptions become hard to pull off because the opponents study the tape and his moves and game plan for it to no end.

In the last series, Jazz tried butt defense and Gobert. In this series, the Warriors are sending quick double team to blitz him to rattle him. His production and efficiency has gone down significantly in the playoffs.

Of course, this may be what and who he is. Nothing will change and we are no better otherwise. But just saying it’s hard to beat the Warriors this way. I feel there wasn’t this much ISO and slowing down last year. This year he adds that step back at higher usage and he is in no rush

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

hardens fine but i think cp should be handling the ball in important situations. he sets the offense up better, faster.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Limiting the amount of time the Warriors can be on offense and conserving energy for defense. It ain't pretty, but i get it.

biff17 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. jcf

jcf Member

Is it weird that for these play-offs I do? Right now, I just want us to win and I want to come on this site with a bunch of pumped up fans rooting for the guys who brought us here.

hakeem94, BaselineFade and BamBam like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

I said this to a few ex army buddies whom I was watching the game with when harden attacks the defense “early in the shot clock “ he scores at will, it’s when he “ attacks late “in the shot clock which allows the warriors to set up everything behind the ball is when things go pear shaped. The daggers that he hit where in the mid 10 seconds of the clock to.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I think what upsets people more is his (appeared) lack of focus or aggresiveness sometimes - slow the tempo down is fine but you need to take care of the ball. Lazy passes and reckless turnovers are just too much for an opponent like this. People like PJ and Beverley for their grit and their heart. Harden needs to show more of that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. NateNate

NateNate Member

I had to do a double take to see if I was the one that posted this. I point the fact that Harden isn’t t interested in the play when CP3 has the ball to everyone I talk to about the Rockets. It kills me because I find it very hard to believe that this hasn’t been brought to Hardens attention by a coach yet he still does it. Blows my mind.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Word.

I like people who think they're smart by posting on here that harden and the rockets play ugly.

Give him another HoF player or two and then we'll talk.

Dumb ass windbags.

Blurr#7 and Reeko like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol harden is sabotaging this championship team

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol cp3 mda morey tilman and the rest of the team cant wait to get rid of this nut riding cancer