1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He did tell them how it will end in the books in case he died I believe so they have a lot to work with.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The writers said they knew Arya would kill the Night king for 3 years.

THREE YEARS

B-Bob, AstrosRockets1818 and mikol13 like this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

That's probably very vague. If he knew the exact direction he was headed or close to it he wouldn't write one book a decade.

Entropy and justtxyank like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

What did episode 2 set up as? They set up tyrion as this mastermind and then during the war they show him hiding behind a statue? With all the character development that occurred during episode two with Jaime and the others for NONE of them to die? What the fk was the point of developing their character.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I like your style.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Where was he a mastermind in that episode? It could also foreshadow something yet to come.

Character development is not solely to kill off characters...

7. cebu

cebu Member

the point is, enjoy the ride and mystery. this storyline is based on stupidity - really dragons and zombies? the fight itself was pure stupidy, cavalry charging into darkness without using first the range weapon it even almost the hit dothrakis. in reality they should have been used to flank because of their mobility knowing that the enemies were on foot, and use the unsullied as frontline defense. instead they attacked first. dumb.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

hmm...

from reddit:

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Bran-Evil-Theory-Game-Thrones-Season-8-46083674

This Game of Thrones Theory Suggests Bran Stark May Be Evil, and It's Pretty Convincing

We still can't believe our favorite teenage assassin, Arya Stark, managed to take down the Night King during Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones. The Night King might officially be dead, but that doesn't mean he's done causing trouble for everyone who managed to survive the Battle of Winterfell. In fact, one fan on Reddit thinks the Night King might have transferred some of his dark powers ages ago to one very important character: Bran Stark.

Reddit user ColdBeing points out that the Night King's character has had way too much buildup to go out after a single (awesome) stab from Arya's Valyrian steel dagger, believing there must be some small part of him left behind. The user suggests that maybe a piece of him lives on in Bran, writing, "Why else was Bran warged for so long? Could it be going back in time to prevent all this bloodshed? Could he have been making a deal with The Night King? When The Night King walked up to Bran, he looked like he accepted his fate."

OK, Bran is pretty checked out during the entire episode, and his face seems just as stoic as usual, including when the Night King and his White Walker goons are lurking in the shadows. Some fans argue that Bran is warging for so long because he's trying to lure the Night King over for Arya — assuming he's always known her destiny was to kill him — but that doesn't explain why he and the Night King have such an unnecessarily long staring contest before Arya pounces. Maybe they're making a deal of some kind? The pieces of this icy puzzle don't quite add up just yet, but it makes a lot more sense if you consider that this isn't the first time Bran and the Night King have come face to face.

Back in the season six episode titled "The Door," Bran has a Three-Eyed Raven vision of the White Walker army approaching the Wall. During the vision, the Night King reaches out and touches Bran's arm, leaving behind a mark that the Night King can then use to track Bran, which is why he makes such great bait during the Battle of Winterfell.

Until now, a lot of theories have circulated that the touch turns Bran into a White Walker or somehow turns him into the actual Night King at a different point in time. Bran clearly isn't the Night King because he doesn't collapse after Arya slays the leader of the White Walkers right in front of him, but could he be holding on to some part of the Night King's powers?
    All it takes is a single touch for the Night King to turn someone into a White Walker. He's turned the living, the dead, dragons, and even an entire crypt into part of his army. Seconds before his climactic defeat, the Night King touches Arya, holding her up by the neck with one hand in a failed attempt to stop her attack. If one touch from the Night King in a vision is enough to make Bran traceable (and, if the Redditor is correct, possibly pass on powers of some kind), is our girl Arya fine, or should we be worried about her, too?

Ultimately, it seems like the Night King holds a lot of power, but it's the intent behind those powers that results in so many different outcomes for everyone who's actually come into contact with him. At this point, all the speculation is mostly just food for thought, but we wouldn't be surprised if there's more to that final interaction between the Night King and Bran.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. cebu

cebu Member

so many fukcing theories and all bullshits..

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Kept expecting everyone to break into the "Thriller" dance. Was disappointed...

11. PhiSlammaJamma

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So Bran does still show emotions?

13. cebu

cebu Member

I want to see ser Davos die next for letting Mel disapper.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

She fulfilled her need and her watch had ended so to speak.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. The show dropped in quality after it outpaced the books. It was still good, but not nearly the same quality.
    2. I understand why that might happen, and don't really fault the writers too much. There were still good parts and the series was still entertaining even if I was disappointed because the show had earned such high expectations.
    3. I've enjoyed this season more than the other post-book seasons. I loved episode 3. It was fun, and there were amazing epic shots in it. It was really cool.
    4. I still can see people's points about the things that bother them, but some things bother some folks more than others, I guess. Like @B-Bob said, the writers are in a no-win situation.

I do have one question and will ask it in a non-spoiler way. How did Arya end up at the Weirwood Tree?
    She was trapped in a room with the Hound and Melisandre.

I find it within her character that she was capable of getting there. I'm just not sure how that happened. I would like to know. Maybe they will explain next episode maybe we just have to buy that it did without explanation.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Arya did sneak up on Jon Snow at the tree before, so I am ok with that. He pointed it out. They set up her assassination move and the dagger maneuver in previous episodes. So all of that was ok with me. Maybe if they had previously showed how she snuck up on Snow move by move from the library to the tree that would have helped.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No no no ... Bran is worging so much because he's sealing the wall. Bran the builder part two.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HBO has his outline, they are following what he is going to do......

DD

19. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's based on fantasy. Just because it features dragons and zombies doesn't mean it can throw logical progression out the window. They've established things within the show behave in certain ways. You don't get to rewrite the rules for plot reasons.

If Arya was able to sneak up on the Night King to assassinate him, she is the most OP person in Westeros. Dany doesn't need any army or dragon to defeat Cersei when Arya can do the job cleanly.

MD_in_Training likes this.