1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. AstrosRockets1818

I mean he did raise an army to fight against the Bolton's. Yes, Sansa helped.... they would have been defeated without each other. He beat the living **** out of Ramsey Bolton, so I would say that was meaningful.

He went beyond the wall.

He went to Dragonstone to meet with the Mother of Dragons to send her armies to help in Winterfell.

What else is he suppose to do? He's probably killed more people than anyone on the entire show (living).

GRENDEL and BigM like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In battle he's been useless. People want to see him come up with a good strategy maybe as the leader.

I mean I don't mind it. I know some folks are mad that Arya got to one shot the Night King instead of Jon Snow, but I'm fine with that. Arya has been training for 8 seasons to be the best killer on the show. She's no Mary Sue. I was totally cool with her being the one.

Also, this was the lowest rated episode of GOT according to Rotten Tomatoes since Season 5.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sansa's help consisted of calling little Finger for help
    then killing him for the effort

Rocket River

4. AstrosRockets1818

I meant they needed the men.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WOW! I think it has alot to do with the dark problem
    it totally ruined everything for me

Rocket River

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I feel like there has got to be more on the NK story. Did we really invest so much in the Night King, walkers, wall, Bran, warging, the tree thing, and all that, to just drop it all in Episode 3? I think there's going to be more story north of the wall.

I'd have given it to Melisandre.

Yes, not much in the way of stealthy assassin skills on display.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes... in the future prequel HBO series (they already alluded to this).

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I figured Arya would do it . . . honestly I had her sneaking out of the castle to hunt on her own
    (Would have been badass-er if she did and Neymera her wolf came back to help her)

I agree the Night King story has to be MORE . . .7 years and that was the payoff??
    He nor his closest minions did ANYTHING of note.
    OK he did the Dragon riding scenes . .but that was it

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Probably the Dunk and Egg stories

Rocket River

dachuda86 likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah this is why people feel let down. It's not the fact that Arya killed the Night King, I'm cool with that. It's that the Night King and the White Walkers were THE big baddies of the whole series. The whole reason Jon Snow even exists. And they had a 30 second scene of walking in and then boom, gone.

Like I said, they should have given the White Walkers some scenes of devastation. Have one of them split off and deal with Jorah. As Jorah lay dying after being unable to fight a White Walker he's about to kill Dany when the Night's King is killed. Have Sam have a moment where Sam the Slayer stands in front of the White Walkers and they just cast him aside. Do SOMETHING where there is some payoff on how bad they are. Hell, instead of having his crazy charge have Theon get to actually kill a White Walker before the Night King kills him. Have our girl Lyanna get killed by a White Walker instead of a Giant. Have Edd get killed by a White Walker to make it matter.

Any of those (not all of them) would have made it better in my mind.

YOLO likes this.
  12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Adjusted the set and watched a second time and it looked great. Also enjoyed the episode more without all the wtf moments getting in the way .

As far as the fan theories about Bran , I think the obvious explaination for him warging the entire battle, is that he was simply recording it .

13. smokieethabear

Ever since Danerys stopped going nude this show is ehhh....

Totally kidding, I love this show. That being said, I would love it a lot more if she took the top off again!

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How incredible would it have been if the Hound was Azor Ahai   . . . . ..

Rocket River

16. cebu

cebu Member

Because his strategy during the battle of the bastards was impulsive and failed. thanks to Sansa.

In teh long night battle, completely stupid. the Bolton b*stard was way better strategist. he could defeat the nightking's army given the right tool and dragonglass denture mounted onto his wild dogs ;).

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

While I like the Walking Dead part of things
    I think it would have been AWESOME if once they laid on the fire . . the generals walked over
    them and basically started wrecking the rebels .. er. . .heros by themselves

Show them do SOMETHING
    otherwise this is Lord of The Rings of Walking Dead

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dorne is waiting for revenge...

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It really wasnt a explanation, more of a suggestion as to why they didnt give more background to the NK and his army and what he desired to accomplish. I was suggesting that they are done with that arc and will explain more in the upcoming tv series prequel and that they are getting greedy.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The amount of screen time NK standing there staring at Bran....must've had nerves asking Bran to dance.

Also, Arya is too OP right now. She fulfilled her destiny.

I expect her to die before she lays a hand on Cersei.

B-Bob likes this.