1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Sigh, that video made me grumpy. This thread needs to die. Move on and forget. I will stop visiting this section until it does.

We all know mass shootings do not change anything in the US anyways.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes, it does. Look up the definition of Muslim.

If you, however, see what @durvasa pointed out and say you are "anti-Islam" instead, then would you be saying what you think you are saying.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Being anti white supremacists probably has nothing to do with your stance on white supremacy...

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you say you are anti-Muslim it's a statement of saying you are against people who are Muslim - not that you disagree with their religion.

You are the one who is anti-Muslim - honestly it's one of the more honest things you can admit too. You don't seem too troubled by what happened, perhaps you think those who died are the victims but are at fault as well?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are comparing a hateful group of people with 1.6 billion people. I mean, Hakeem Olajuwon is a Muslim.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s not very often that someone is so blatantly wrong and is set on being stubborn. Take the L man.

Harrisment likes this.
  7. tallanvor

This is such a mind bogglingly stupid statement. Why do you think a person might be anti-muslim?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Saying you are anti-Christianity sounds like you are anti-Christian. It's one thing to say I don't agree with Christianity tenets or to criticize it, it's another to say one is against it which implies you desire to see it destroyed.

I mean, the Antichrist isn't just a dude who doesn't agree with Jesus.

9. tallanvor

You believe a belief is virtuous because more people believe it? Gj thinking for yourself and having no moral compass

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No, I don't think Islam is the same as White Supremacy like you do. To try to equate the two is a demonstration of your bias.

What you are doing is the same as what ISIS does. They say because some Christians have behaved badly, all of Christianity is evil. White Supremacists are like you, they are anti-Muslim and anti-Islam, they think Islam is evil.

You are a lost soul.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This discussion appears to be above you and your initial point was proved to be blatantly wrong by @justtxyank . Do you agree with everything in the Torah? Because by your initial post, not what I’m sayin, what you yourself stated—you would be anti-Jewish.

Again, this is derived from your own formulaic interpretation earlier. Probably the most cut and clear verdict there has been in the D&D.

Harrisment likes this.
  12. tallanvor

I hate jewdism would love to see people stop believing it. Same with islam and christianity. You could say I'm anti jew, but the problem is that the word jew has a regional connotation that I find irrelevant. Muslim has no regional connotation. Justtxyank chose the word jew for that reason.

13. tallanvor

Where? Link?

14. tallanvor

Would you call Nietzsche anti-christian?

15. biff17

biff17 Member

are you gonna post the states where guns are illegal?

Still waiting.

#395 biff17, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Harrisment likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

The average household income for people living in Sandy Hook is $152,866, while the median household income is $112,733. The median income in Sandy Hook is for those under 25, $125,179 for those aged 25 to 44, $148,508 for those aged 45 to 64, and $50,300 for those over the age of 65.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think it means you are very much against key tenets of the belief system and consider it harmful. That’s how I would understand that. Like “anti-capitalism” doesn’t necessarily mean you want to “destroy” capitalism; could just mean you think it’s really bad for society.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Like “anti-capitalism” doesn’t necessarily mean you want to “destroy” capitalism; could just mean you think it’s really bad for society.[/QUOTE]

I think you are splitting hairs. If you are anti-capitalism it means you are against it and want it to end. It doesn't have to be because it's bad for society, it might be because it's bad for you. Or because you you are anti-greed.

If you are anti-death penalty it's pretty clear you want it to end.

Anti-Abortion? That's not "oh, I am anti-abortion, that means I just think abortion is bad but it also means I don't want to end abortion"? That makes no sense.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You actually "hate" folks believing in their respective religions?

Nook likes this.
  20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member