1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wonder why an Australian man did this in New Zealand.

It could be as simple as he just moved and lived in NZ, as any Australian citizen can legally live in NZ.

With that being said, Australia definitely has stricter gun laws, which could have been a factor in his choice of NZ.

It’s odd, there a more Muslims in Australia then NZ, and if one were trying to make a statement, why choose Christchurch (pop under 400k) over a much larger Australian city?

2. biff17

biff17 Member

What?

This makes no sense whatsoever, you have got to be trolling.

And I am pro gun control.

Harrisment likes this.
  3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

America’s economy effects the global economy. If countries around the world see america has success with it then they will follow suit. Finally, trump wont be president and i dont need to give a reason how that would change things.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You're missing a key component -- child of divorced parents, brought up by his mother, separated from his father.

5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Autos and semi auto weapons are the common ingredient in every mass shooting.

Religion divides and breeds hate because people need something to blame.

6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I did not look that far. Interesting if true. They come from divided homes, there mother hates the child becuase he looks like and reminds them of the father.

They really dont share love with anyone including their parents.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Easier said than done, they can post from anywhere on 8chan and people that post there take their anonymity very seriously.

I'm not sure what the answer is regarding free speech...well...outside of making the internet less anonymous which I think we are slowly moving towards and events like this will only get us there faster.

8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No, it's mental illness that is the problem. The question then is why are we getting more mentally ill people? I have suggested the answer elsewhere.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Killing a bunch of people you indicates mental illness.

Outside of conflict thats never been normal. Just its abnormality indictates something is wrong

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I don't know if it's the case with this NZ shooter, but it's clearly the case with the school shooters in the US.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2...ooters_26_of_them_were_fatherless_435596.html

There's probably several dysfunctional factors at play, but one key is that it is fathers that teach their boys that sometimes life doesn't go like you want it to, and you need to accept that without freaking out.

Take the father away, and the boy never learns this.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not making a judgment call in this post, but yes the Koran and the Bible are certainly different. The New Testament is radically different than the Koran. Which is better is in the eye of the beholder.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

I don't disagree with this but your previous statement was still ridiculous especially the kids and sending them to school thing.

Do you not realize how easy guns travel from state to state?

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

FBI seeing uptick in domestic terror arrests
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politics/fbi-domestic-terror-arrests/index.html

No Worries likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Perhaps, but there is a whole lot of grey between the two.

15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

What are the percentages of mass shootings in states where guns are illegal? What about in private schools?

Exactly. My statement is valid. Angry poor kids shoot each other in states where they have access to guns.

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

26/27 is absurd.

You have to factor these women who raise the child are either too busy working and you cant ignore how many of them mistreat their kids because they remind them of their fathers.

But youre right, it is important for a father to teach his kids values.

17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Santa Fe shooter used a 38 revolver and a pump shotgun. He killed 10 and wounded another 10. If the bad guy is the only person with a gun and stands in the only entry/exit to a room the kind of gun isn't that important. That's why most classrooms are so deadly in these shootings.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The FBI numbers are not just white nationalists.

The report also spells how large an increase there has been over a larger period of time.

I will not assume that there are more white nationalist terror attacks to the point of it being a top priority.

I will say that there certainly is more coverage of white nationalism and they appear to be more politically active and less marginalized now.

I would not be shocked if swells up or goes down..... we ran into something similar in the 1990's.

I am sure Trump said what he did for political reasons, but I do not necessarily think he is wrong as there are a long list of things I am more concerned with.

Astrodome likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What do you call those people who are celebrating what he's done?

There's a whole group of people that are literally celebrating what happened. If they are not celebrating they are telling themselves it's just one huge false flag that's probably created by Jewish people of course.

I'm not sure that these people are all mentally ill...but they have been fed so much propaganda that they are so far gone. Some of this propaganda reaches the mainstream too, it absolutely does, that whole "Diversity is not a strength" was something echoed by Tucker and that other Fox news anchor, Laura Ingrahm I think...maybe it's a mental illness that makes someone more susceptible to it, I dunno...but I don't think people have to be mentally ill to do something like this.

He seemed very clear of mind in his manifesto.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Pgabs is clearly lost. Don’t waste your time

Rashmon, CometsWin and Harrisment like this.