1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House would have been our second best player tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 21, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People love their scapegoats.

There are two words for what happened tonight:

Clint Capela

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would it? Who knows?

I'm a House fan. I think he is a valuable asset for us if we can hold on to him. But let's be realistic...he was a 9 and 3 player with decent defense. Is he solid? Yes. Do I want him on the team? Of course. But his absence is not the missing link to everything the Rockets need like some are making it out to be.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed .

I don't know for sure how much of a difference he would have made .

The main reason thenrockets lost tonight IMO was the refs

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Refs played a big part, but when it comes down to it...the Rockets aren't competing with good teams without Capela. He's essential to us.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Ennis was hot trash on the court tonight. Ennis was so bad that he was the worst player on the floor in the 4th when we had our scrub unit in.

Bummer we don't have House. He brought a lot to our team.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

This season is a ******* soap opera

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I guess it depends on matchups and how hot we are from 3 .

If CP3 played and had a good game I think we could have taken them even without clint

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

"Everything wrong with us is because we don't have House" is the new "Everything wrong with us is because we don't have Ariza and Mbah a Moute."

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, not having House tonight was a blessing in disguise. Getting blown out means Harden could rest more.

aurocketfan and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

I was happy to see him get some rest.

Easy likes this.
  11. Gorki

Gorki Member

Can you see similarity between this two sentences? Both about ****ing Small Forward and we don't have any who can actually play in NBA.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

House wouldn't have made difference, officiating was 1 sided and embiid was just toying with our front court, however, we definitely need to bring his ass back

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

What i find 'amusing' is that we have/had to play CP3, PJ and Harden all these minutes bc 'every game is so important bc everything is so tight in the west...' ...but evidently not so important and tight that Morey cant continue to 'play hard ball' with House trying to finagle an extra year or two on the cheap - rather than just convert and get him back on the court...

...jus sayin...

and no, i dont think House is some superstar that's gonna cure all our ills... but I do believe he could be the difference in a few close games... not tonight... but in a few...

roxallways likes this.
  14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Wait until after trade/buyout deadline to use more of that MLE. I don't care if we lose games at this point. We need someone good to become available. At this point, it's about the postseason. I'm already ready for next season when maybe just maybe the Rockets can get some kind of injury luck.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ennis no guts to shoot the ball. Zero contribution. sucks player is always sucks

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We would have still lost with house playing. It’s Capela we miss the most. With Capela, we would not have dropped the games vs nets and might come away with a W vs 76ers.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the luxury of having 3 all-stars... when 1 is injured, you still have 2 to carry the team.

we don't have that luxury with the way this team is built.

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

In 3rd quarter, only Harden and Faried can get the scores. Those NBA players do not know how to shoot. It is really suck

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everybody starting to act like House scores 32 pts a night wtf.

15 pts 50% FG
    14 pts 38.5% FG
    14 pts 44% FG
    3 pts 20% FG
    6 pts 33.3% FG

House is just as inconsistent as the rest of our players stop overrating the dude. Tucker, Rivers and Gordon's average are all better than House's.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Green has been playing exactly the way House has been when he was here you are acting like he is a superstar.

Our main issue is we are missing Capela and Cp3, 2 of our 4 best players. House doesn't help address that problem.