1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House would have been our second best player tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

I think more than anything we miss houses ability to guard 4 positions, this is his most valuable traits not really his scoring although that is needed too.

Mayn, just pay the man. Simple as that, we don’t wanna lose another wing defender this far into the season.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

but house wants to take expensive contracts. It is difficult.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why must we be so extreme. Always either overestimating or underestimating. He would help and he's not amazing and we can use him and the are others who can help and and and....

Enough with the extreme "Or"s.

Newlin likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

He may have helped, or he may not have helped. We really don't know. All players have good and bad games.

I'd like House to be with the team, but House has made a decision. He decided not to stay with the team. He could have stayed with the team, but he chose to go.

House knows his rights. He has the right to leave the team and go for more money next season. I'm not upset with House. I'm not upset with the Rockets. Both sides are doing what they feel is best.

snowconeman22 and YOLO like this.
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Good job at only looking at one side of the story. Maybe you don't know how basketball is played? I'll sum it up a bit for you. There are two parts: offense and defense. You're welcome.

Those numbers are actually vastly superior to anyone that we've tried to replace him with.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Good job at looking at only one side of the story. Maybe you don't know how basketball is played?

I'll sum it up a bit for you. House is a 3 year player who already got cut by other teams twice and was out of the NBA. If he is so vastly superior to the other NBA players out there how come he was out of the league?

Also the only player we have signed so far to replace him is Nunnally. While House is indeed vastly superior to Nunnally, Nunnally has also proved himself to not be an NBA player at this point in time.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Anybody ******** on house is a Moron. Unless he’s asking for much more than what’s reported you pay the man. Making James carry the ducking load night in and out is not an escape. If he gets seriously injured I’m blaming Morey and tillman

Easy, snowconeman22 and pippendagimp like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Folks talking about House's scoring are COMPLETELY missing the point, it is his DEFENSE that is the key, and his ability to hit the 3Ball accurately, he is a younger Ariza.

DD

snowconeman22 and jcmoon like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Iko's report is to be believed and he is seeking to be paid essentially like a Top 7 pick in the NBA draft for 20 games in the NBA, then good luck to the kid. He ain't getting that contract, especially not from Morey.

You're right that we miss his ability to guard multiple positions. That should have been the #1 quality to evaluate bringing in this offseason, not wasting roster spots on known non-contributors like Carmelo and Michael Carter-Williams.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think heypartner has pointed out that the so-called "paid like a high pick" thing is misleading. He's not a rookie out of the draft. His vet min is higher than a lot of rookie salaries because of his years in the league. Teams can't pay him less than his minimum.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see. Makes sense. Thank you, that's good info.

Either way...seems unlikely to me he'd get that kind of money. I guess it's posturing by the agent for a better compromise, but we shall see. Hope he's back with us.

Easy likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Only in clutchfans: Get blownout by 29 points? "We would have won had we signed House!"

Come on people, you can't be THAT gullible!

The one that would have made a difference would be CC, not House.

YOLO and Elephant810 like this.
  13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

House situation came at a bad time, but he wouldn’t have made much of a difference against Philly. Even the best healthy teams get blown out sometimes.... overall the loss yesterday isn’t that big a deal.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course, saying that House would have made a difference last night is silly. But there is no denying that he would have made some difference in other closer games. And more importantly, he would have relieved some workload of our starters. He looked better than all of our bench players we could put on the floor. It's a lose-lose situation for MDA whether to put the scrubs on the floor or to run the starters to the ground.