1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Miami fans pissed...like they're going to be relevant after they add Butler...not getting him might be the best outcome for them, at least in a couple of years they should be in a good position again.

everyday eddie and DonKnock like this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Disclaimer: Per usual, this is just conversation being shared wtih your from 2 active ears . I cannot confirm anything right now, nor will I attempt. Please let my email/messages be at peace. I'm just a guy who knows guys....

Last Ear before bed:

Apparently , through negotiations solely b/t Rockets and Wolves, the hold-up, that I annoyingly mention is: Tuck and that awful Dieng contract.

Also mentioned: If it's just the Rox/Wolves, the Rockets want Taj (expiring) and/or Tyus (constant Rockets target) included if they give up too much (I'm annoying for repeating) Morey tried for Taj and Dougie Buckets at previous deadline before OKC nabbed him.

The "ear" I trust most thinks that if Jimmy becomes a Rocket, it's through a 3 team deal where teams are satisfied through spare parts/picks. Also, he believes Morey is doing everything to keep our heart and soul on the team. Also, Minny knows that Jimmy's departure will begin their implosion, so allowing other teams to help add some assets and/or picks may be welcomed.

(The Kings make some sense with Kosta and WCS wanting out, along with everyone including ZBo lol)

***WildCard: Wiggins is being shopped hard, too. That's a difficult trade IMO.

Minny is/wants to build with KAT, but it's also known that KAT doesn't have many friends on his squad. He and Jimmy aren't tight, he is "civil" with Wigs and he has expressed a desire for a coach who knows how to coach Bigs. (Thibs was never great at that)

_____

That's all I've got.
    I hope Rockets fans get what they hope for. Me? Just take away the fever and all memories of Jeremy Lin in a Rockets uniform...or in any NBA context. Kthanks.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

my hopes are up, my confidence is high

Jimmy Butler will be coming home soon, and the Rockets will get this title

BigMaloe, peleincubus, gatsby and 7 others like this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Thanks @Codman Have some meaningful rests.

#2645 yixiixiy, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  6. baubo

baubo Member

Seems like if the rockets are seeing rental, Morey got word that Jimmy doesn’t want to be Miami Chris Bosh and instead want to be Toronto Chris Bosh. In which case yeah, makes sense not to include Tucker. If Butler is willing to handshake a reasonable deal to stay that Morey can accept, I think the deal would be done by now with the Rockets giving up Tucker + EG + multiple picks

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

All things considered (on/off-court chemistry, fit under Coach D'Antoni, role and willingness to accept it over 82-gm season, etc.), do you really think Jimmy > EG + Tuck, because I don't.

BigMaloe, J.R., Little Bit and 4 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks Cod! Hope you can start feeling better soon. We all appreciate you taking your time to share with us despite feeling so ill.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

These recent no name twitter accounts are just wasting everyone’s time. Yes, there is a lot of smoke from credible people, doesn’t mean we need to flood the thread with diarrhea!

ElPigto likes this.
  10. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel...You would think these owners/gm's are tired of what the Warriors are doing and would throw a dog a bone to help end that ****...But no, I guess they are happy with the warriors getting Durant, Cousins, and winning more titles...

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont know if this....really helps this guys credentials....posting this ridiculousness at this juncture is not what you wanna do.

everyday eddie, DonKnock and ISOBall like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

One day Daryl Morey will learn that its takes both talent and chemistry to win a championship. He clearly understands the need for talent, but I’m not sure he believes in the human element/team chemistry, despite the fact that the Rockets all say that last year’s team was a tight knit group that had each other’s back.

Championship teams need players like Jimmy Butler, but they also need unselfish role players like P.J. Tucker that do all the little things that go unnoticed by the casual fan (defense, toughness, screens, keeping possessions alive through effort).

Little Bit and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Truth is the Rockets at this point have no choice, they're all in and there's only one thing they have to care about, try to win with this group in the next 2, 3 or 4 years, they're also already at the top so, they have pretty much nothing to lose, they can basically trade every pick and young player without giving much importance to these assets, other teams (Philly, Clippers, Knicks, Nets) are either rebuilding or betting on getting better players than Butler in free agency without taking any risk now, teams like Miami are in the middle of the pack even if they get Butler and they probably don't know if it's worth to take on an almost 30 years old expiring all star who's going to get paid big time in 8 months...

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t say for certain if he’s better than both, but Jimmy is a top 15 player and 1 of the best 2-way players in the game...I want him here

not worried about losing EG at all...the loss of Tucker would hurt a lot, but I trust Morey can find a role player that can mitigate his loss if he actually does end up getting dealt

I hope Tuck stays because this lineup would be amazing

CP3
    Harden
    Butler
    Tuck
    Capela

GS really doesn’t want those problems

dje243, everyday eddie and jch1911 like this.
  16. SinceEverSince

Don’t know the Source but....

17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's much easier to find and add unselfish role players who are also good players than it is to add a top 15 player.

Caesar likes this.
  18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You can go back to articles and what not to read that Morey's proposed deal with Chicago for Taj/DougieBuckets was denied. Why? Because Chicago wanted Pat Beverly in the deal.

Morey and James said hell to the nah. That's when OKC swooped in.

My point is that there are players who aren't superstar talents, but their role in the locker room and the energy they bring to the game is JUST AS valuable. Tucker is one of our most valuable players, even when he doesn't score.

So, if he's lost in any trade, James and the team are going to be effected.

They accepted Pat's departure because he sought a bigger role and the teams understood his personal goals. Tuck wants to win here with what he calls his "brothers." Ne is the same, but I'm hushing up on that altogether for now.

19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

listen say what u want losing Gordon 3 point shot will hurt

clutchdabear and bongman like this.
  20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Potato Head 2.0???
    [​IMG]

BallSoHarden and mockster like this.