1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

His job now isn't to make his teammates better in that sense. But as a veteran he will be willing to give his teammates advice. This team is all about switching so he doesn't have to be an excellent defender, just a smart one. Make sure he's communicating and being in the right spot.

Bloggers everywhere tends to play that youngster's card all the time. Especially ole Tinman. Lol.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Would love Bobby Portis as our PF. Love LM24 more but Portis damn good and that fight incident and with their many bigs, Portis might be cheap.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chris Paul on Melo's game. This right here literally should sum it up.

Trackwell likes this.
  4. MONON

MONON Member

Defense (or the lack thereof) was my concern with getting Melo last year. However after seeing Harden's overall defense improve with CP3, I'm excited to see Melo's improve this year. Now my only concern is can Melo & MDA function together.

5. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I don't get why some of you are so obsessed with defense, but then players who have literally no offense like Ariza or PJ Tucker get so much adornment and praise.

I've never heard "what about their offense".

We lost to the warriors because nobody on our team aside from Harden and Gordon could score.

6. kevtse

kevtse Member

I remember whenever I saw Ariza putting the on the floor, I knew something bad was gonna happen. I always thought he is such a liability on our lineup on the offensive end, a decent offensive player can do so much damage with that much space.

DasouthDakota and YaoMing#1 like this.
  7. olivermccall

olivermccall Member

anyone that think melo adds something to this rockets team has zero knowledge about the actual game of basketball.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The KEY here is actually Bzdelik's "switching defense" where players don't have to fight threw picks. This will HELP Melo the same way it helped Harden. Joe Johnson even commented how it helps older players. There is also less movement to save energy.

So, in Houston, not only will Melo be used better OFFENSIVELY but also DEFENSIVELY.

Is he a minus defender? Yes. Can that be curtailed a bit because of "system?" The Rockets believe so.

9. raining threes

Morey says hi

Paul too.

34to11 and seclusion like this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Send this to Morey on Twitter please. You clearly know more than the defending Executive of the Year.

11. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

That’s a bit of an exaggeration

raining threes likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets became the team they were last year because of our improvement defensively plus having Paul help carry the load. I think is a legit worry. Even when Ariza was clanking, at least you knew you had a chance against most teams since he gave you everything he had defensively. Same goes for Tucker.

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

Some people analyze Melos fit here like he's replacing some idea of who Melo should be.

You need to analyze Melo as a replacement for the minutes Ryan Anderson should have been providing. On a < taxpayer MLE contract.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol taking shots at CP3 too i see.

raining threes likes this.
  15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

so D'Antoni, Morey, and CP3 have zero knowledge about the game of basketball? are you concussed?

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock, sirjesse and raining threes like this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

GTFO NUB

18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Melo eFG% is .482 his whole career! This guy is beyond trash to be around Harden or CP3 when they need a shot. The 2 new guys have eFG% of .520.
    PLEASE DONT SIGN THIS TRASH!
    He suck and he's a cancer.

19. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Facts...

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Melo the player is not necessarily the problem, it's his ego, which has lead to:
    1. drama queen behaviour
    2. lack of self knowledge and accepting he's getting older
    3. an inability to accept his most effective self, i.e. the role he had during the olympics

Also he turned us down twice, once already with CP3 being here so not that thrilled. If he can accept a bench role or at least a limited one then I don't have a problem at all with him and he can make us better for sure. His talent is unquestionable and outside of Harden, CP3 and Ego he's our best chance at creating his own shot and getting 20-30 points on any given night. He is on the decline though.

And I know it shouldn't matter but I'm not that thrilled about Harden, CP3 and Melo as a 'Big 3'. I don't like any of them particularly. Harden and CP3 are both soft, with flopping ways and sneaky tricks to get a foul called. Melo is a drama queen, a baby face and like Harden not having that winning mentality that CP3 does have.