1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I could see not wanting Melo earlier, when we could have re-signed our own guys and run it back. But with Ariza and Luc already gone and with no money left to chase anyone better I don't think anyone can oppose us going after Melo now. It's him or nothing, for better or worse.

2. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I don't think there is a worse with him coming here... honestly I wanted him last year. One thing people don't look at with these so called cancers or divas, or whatever they call them..the common denominator is LOSING. You don't hear of this unless said person is losing...(Our Dwight situation got big when we started LOSING). Melo coming here means he is gonna start winning, and having Fun playing the game he loves ... Regardless of anything...there is still only 2 maybe 3 teams that have equal talent to us as we are now(including Capela) So with or without him, we are still looking at 50+ wins...Its only an upside to this.

And to be honest... although his numbers last year were a career low for him...He could/probably will average about the same in Hou, but being on a top 1 or 2 team in the west, I assure you he will accept it with dignity.

Melo = Key to a Championship

Or is that a Gold medal.....idk...but I'm all for it!

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey has a blind spot for Melo. Let’s hope he’s right

ElPigto likes this.
  6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

If we are able to get him I like the signing. I like him on the team as a spot up shooter and another scorer with the second unit. All I was saying is that the detractors have some valid points as well. Hes not great defensively and he doesnt make his teammates better. Most people wouldnt dispute that. However, in his career he has been an elite scorer.

What the hell is a “kiddie”? If its a knock on my age id just like to point out I remember Sampson’s shot and was in the Summit for a finals game between Knicks/Rockets.

Trackwell and D-rock like this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Kiddie wasn't really for you, it was a general statement for everyone. I realize it could be confusing since I quoted you though. There wasn't really anything wrong with your post other than you said he's never won anything. That was for people who are truly ignorant.

Deckard and mdoggnic like this.
  8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Absolutely agree.
    It's trite, crass and insensitive.

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So what are we looking at next season so far...

Pg paul/harden
    Sg harden/eric gordon/ green
    Sf ennis/melo /green
    Pf melo/tucker/ ryno
    C clint capella tucker nene ryno
    There's still 20 million sitting on the bench doing nothing...
    Still Not so confident about that roster... a disgruntled bigman, 20 million on a player unused..... sounds like we still need to work on somethings...

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I love Ariza and luc there was no way we could have just run it back. Luc was too injury prone with that shoulder... 2x in one year is enough of a red flag. Ariza was who I would have kept if he was affordable and ready to play just extremely limited minutes. We still have Ryno we can move to find someone who may not be a rockstar but will just fill a void decently, that might be flipped eventually. If we are "settling" for Melo, then that's not a good move when it might affect our superstars, especially with how close Chris is with Melo. All this drama is making me really miss the 2017-2018 summer.

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Chicago must be looking to get rid of either Lauri or Porter.

It's Porter obviously lol

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Houston scoring machine line up
    Capela
    Melo
    Gordon
    Harden
    Paul. Wow......

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you’re b****ing that the league isn’t fair because Boogie signed with GS, you should be behind Melo to Houston.

Melo has a better chance to rebound to his all nba self than a player coming back from an Achilles injury

dlite316, YaoMing#1, 34to11 and 8 others like this.
  15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

we are going to use anderson if he is on the roster. When he is healthy and in the right mind out there he shoots a 38 percent 3 ball. Thats still valuable. We still have to play a whole season and potentially 2 playoff series before GS. Anderson is still valuable. Not 20 million valuable. But if he was costing 10, people wouldnt be complaining about unloading him.

YaoMing#1 and Trackwell like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1...njury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

They do come back when they are under 30.

GSW can count themselves lucky when Cousins can get 15 and 8. That is all they need from him.

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Pretty sure SL will be Cp3, harden, Melo, tucker, Capela

34to11 likes this.
  18. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

The problem is, we can’t tell if it’s these cancers causing losing, or it’s the losing that causes certain players to become cancers.

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

His numbers took a hit because he was the 3rd option to Westbrook and George.

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Melo can't play/defend at the SF spot, Tucker goes back to the bench IMO.