1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

oh...i bet MDA still holds a grudge. Obviously he cares about winning more than his ego, and he clearly thinks Melo can help us win, but ...no way he's forgotten about how Melo ran him out of town. i don't think they're going to each other's BBQs.

But good on both of them for putting winning first ...at least ...that's what i expect Melo to do.

2. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I’m so over all this

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]
    THICC BROS

dc rock likes this.
  5. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Who you passing to? What player? What's your Rockets starting five to start the season?

seclusion and rocketseagles07 like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not sure how they can have legitimate estimates of wins and losses by the Rockets should we get Melo, considering Ennis isn't included. I'm assuming he isn't. Agree that the W/L difference with last year is weird. I think the whole thing is pretty worthless.

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I don’t post here as much as i used to, but still follow the team and CF closely. I am not a Melo fan, but I want him on this team because:

- variance and upside: few think we will get Olympics Melo, but that’s what it’s going to take to beat the Warriors. Could we have kept Ariza and Luc and take another run a time it? Maybe, and maybe that team pushes GSW to the brink again. But each season is different and there are no guarantees. And that’s ship has sailed. So it’s now a no brainier we should all want Melo for the small chance we get Olympic Melo.

- what doesn’t it take to get Olympic Melo? CP3, the Melo whisperer. Opportunity for Olympic Melo? Well, CP3 needs to rest in the reg season and doesn’t care about his numbers. Harden won the MVP and got that out of the way. Don’t underestimate the importance of that. Harden won’t have a driver to put up crazy numbers. Add all that up, and Melo will have all the opportunities to score, iso, shoot that he wants. Need a Happy Melo to get Olympic Melo.

- spend the year getting Olympic Melo, and let DM the GM work his magic before the trade deadline to get us a defensive wing. In all seriousness, what if we are chugging along fine, looking like a winner, and DM deals for .... Ariza? How hard would that be? PHX ain’t gonna ain’t squat, they have Ariza on a one year deal, they get a little something for Ariza before he bolts next season.

Deuce, dlite316, ashleyem and 5 others like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I could see them dealing Ariza as well. Regardless, I'd rather Have Melo AND Ariza and/or Luc instead of just Melo. You could still sign Ennis too. If it's a bill your owner is willing to pay.

Aruba77 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

MDA's 'ego' is one of the things that impresses me most about the gent.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

what were last season's W/L projections? Uh, fewer than 65, I'd guess. You still gotta roll the roundball out and do something w/it. It's April - June I think about.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Jacoby, typical media BS. "Rockets offense don't need him, they only shoot 3s." While CP was beasting in the mid-range and 3s last year. SMH

lionaire and Fulgore like this.
  13. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

So the narrative on this board for years has been "Russ is a selfish chucker who doesn't make anyone better while James is elevating a bunch of role players to 50+ wins". If you follow that narrative, if you are drinking that kool aid, then it must follow that you're stoked about adding Melo to a team where PJ Tucker is currently your best forward.

Richie_Rich and jamisonrocket like this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

Can cp3 help melo have a heart?

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Vivi, Fulgore, Rockets FTW and 2 others like this.
  16. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Supposedly he did with Harden, until he hammy compensated for it.

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Presti Free DonKnock! Free Melo! Allow Burt Steele to ride his boat in peace! Restore Gawd Tato to his proper place of prominence in New York City. Do the right think Presti. Free DonKnock!

DonKnock likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes I am.

(Of course, I always fear Melo = PipII.)

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thug

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100%

Last years team was great but running it back would have been a mistake imo. That team maxed out and missed its opportunity because of that cp3 hamstring.

We would have seen that squad take a step back imo.

Adding Ennis and hopefully melo is the right blend of maybe elite D with Ennis and maybe elite wing scoring with melo. Key word being maybe but it’s a possibility.

With Ariza and Luc the only thing that could happen with them is stay the same or get worse because there older.

And I actually agree I think Ariza will be back on Houston by the trade deadline.