1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden was sick. He just wouldn't say it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, May 9, 2018.

1. threepointshot3

How about you stop throwing accusations around?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like during the flu/allergy season?

BMoney and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty obvious he was sick last night. In the 2nd quarter he was grabbing his shorts. I have no reason to doubt what everyone in the Rockets org was saying after the game.

Last year was another issue. I personally think he was concussed. He got hit on the head hard in Game 5 (he was playing well most of the game) and after that point is when things went to **** for him.

He's played extremely well this postseason except the last couple of games. Even game 2 against Minnesota, he played extremely well in other facets of the game and was locked in. I'm not worried about him against GS.

4. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

I 100% agree. I don't worry about him as long as he is healthy over the respiratory infection I have read it last between 3-14 day and long if you have asthma

5. Game7

Game7 Member

He should consider balloon sinuplasty. They recommend Dr. Kaplan on 790 all the time. It'll clear right up.

6. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

It works really well I have had. He should really try it

7. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

He wouldn't say it because he wanted to look tough.

But sick is a drastic overstatement.

Obviously you can tell by his voice how sick he was. Hardly even had any phlegm at all.

He was about how I am 5 days of the week.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Was he sick for game 6 of the CLippers series?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Easy and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Aka

I just had 3 bottles of Dom P and 1942. I play a basketball game the next night.

I’m sick. Under the weather :)

Hangover daysssss. @FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Does anyone remember when Artest elbowed the crap out of Harden?

That was such a vicious hit, I still wonder if Harden has a sensitive head injury that is chronically inflamed due to even minor hits every now and then. In game 3, Harden hit his head hard on the floor after an offensive rebound and putback:

Harden had 12 assists and 1 turnover in game 3, and that turnover came after this hit, and it the pass he attempted was impossible, even by his standards. Go to 6:00 in the vid to see the pass. However, he did hit 3 field goals after this hit, so the effects are likely delayed anyways due to adrenaline, etc.

Harden's statline in Game 4: 24 pts, 8-22 FG, 3 assists, 8 turnovers. I mean, I just don't get it. This is a guy that posted 12 assists/1-turnover just a game ago, and now he's a turnover machine. I don't believe the Jazz did anything radically different defensively to warrant this.

Game 5 statline: 18 pts. 7-22 FG, 4 assists, 3 turnovers. Now, the stats aren't as strong here, but just watching him his play was lethargic af and he was consistently exploited on D. The only reason he probably didn't have more turnovers is probably because CP3 took over the game.

Game 2 Loss: 32 pts, 9-22 FG, 11 ast, 2 turnovers. Even in the rockets loss, Harden played well before the hit.

I don't really know what to think, I hope all it's just some kind of viral illness, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harden suffers from chronic brain trauma due to that Artest hit.

skroodup25 and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. SORF

SORF Member

Harden needs to add a Lennox air cleaner attached to his AC/Htg system. Even if you don't need AC or the furnace on, the AC/Htg system fan recirculates and filters the air through the air cleaner for 20 minutes every hour. It removes all pollens, dust, and other respiratory irritants and viruses. Most people that visit us, always remark how easier it is to breathe in our home than others. Harden can afford it. For his size home it would probably be between 5-10K. A championship is worth the price.

14. cmellon

cmellon Member

The default understanding and acceptable facts is he's sick if shooting below 30% and under 20 points, and he's not sick if he scores 40 points

15. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

I hope just a respiratory infection and notchronic brain trauma that would be really scary for him

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No just Western conference Semi's.

Last year he really was sick because in his interviews even during game 1 of spurs which they dominated them completely he was sniffling. I don't know why he keeps getting sick this time of the year but maybe allergies are the truth. I have no idea but if he plays like he did most of this series we stand 0 chances of winning.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off with this nonsense.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Or maybe its the lil b curse?
    I knew he lifted it earlier ;)o_O
    What if he curse harden again since we playing against his golden boys now :(:eek:

Oh please just make sure the traitor beyonce dont show up since she attended the worriers game.
    Didnt even show up for her hometown team at all :mad:

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The only explanations is STD

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I no longer live in my hometown, so I don't know how the allergies are in Houston, but here in Austin, it's the worst it has been for many years. Allergies can contribute to other problems. It's been at least 10 years since I last had a sinus infection, but I'm just now getting over one. Everyone I know here that are susceptible has said that this year is one of the worst they can remember. James is closed mouth about this stuff, but a really bad allergy year could add to a respiratory problem of some kind, in my opinion. I just hope he quickly gets over whatever has had him "under the weather." Thank goodness for several days off. We need every one of them.

Stormy1234 likes this.