1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden was sick. He just wouldn't say it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, May 9, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should not but he should let it be known and rest for 1 or 2 games to get 100%..... Playing 60%, 70% is not going to help anyone, let alone the team.

I think Coach Popovich understands that more than anyone.

kjayp likes this.
  2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Could be the combination of concussion allergies and asthma

SS0101 likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you sure we could have won games 4 & 5 if we harden sat?

one of the reasons we won games 4 & 5 was because harden was playing as well

act like we would have blown utah out if harden didn't play LOL

Blurr#7 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul happened for yr information. There is no sure thing in pro sports but playing hurt or not 100% is a risk at all time.

5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

why do these "he was sick" excuses keep coming up from everyone other than harden when he plays like garbage? his play does all the talking and then that leads people to speculate "well he must have been sick." if he had a great game while sick no one would say "he must have been sick".

he needs more vitamin C in his life if he's gonna keep getting sick in critical may games.

6. vlaurelio

LOL MDA, Cp3, Green said he was sick.. you want to hear it from the doctors as well??

LOL an MVP carrying his team thru the playoffs as much as Lebron "needs more vitamin C in his life"

imagine true warriors fans complaining "Steph needs more calcium in his bones!"

#86 vlaurelio, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

yeah I'd trust Morey, Tilman, MDA, Cp3, team physicians on should Harden have sat out before some random hater

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When both your star running mate and your coach start their post-game interviews by saying Harden was sick, why are you calling that "speculation." Did you not see the Paul and D'Antoni Post Game Interviews after Game 5?

Since he never makes excuses for his bad games, he also keeps his heroic games while playing injured low key, too. That's a fact.

We have actually heard MDA say after big games that Harden toughed it out while not 100%, but Harden will not say he was injured whether good or bad performance, unless it's an obvious game where he's returning from missed games, where he can't avoid "how are you feeling" questions.

And his lowkey approach to heroic games probably happens more than we know, since he often doesn't even tell the coaches when hurt or under the weather, just like Yao kept things secret, too.

RCPM, DreamShook, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  9. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

There is something to be said for playing at altitude, and then coming back down to sea level. Also, allergies, and this time of year is always the worst as pollen is still being shaken out.

I still think he had suffered a concussion from Game 3, but it'll never be admitted by him or the Rockets. Football players have taken less hits with helmets and suffered concussions. Harden hit the hardwood with the back of his head with no real bracing. That's no bueno.

Stormy1234 and vlaurelio like this.
  10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

"WeLL I pErSeVeRe ThRoUgH SiCkNeSs AnD GeT *mY* JoB DoNe."

[​IMG]

Congrats on pushing through the sniffles to finish up those spreadsheets, bro.

cdrive likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lol!!

Rocket River

12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

James Harden is an introvert and keeps a stiff upper lip. (Easy for me to see because it is my own personality as well). And the media has a tough time with that personality trait combination. It doesn't endear him to the media

But notice the players don't have any issues with him.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike other superstars, he doesn't like making excuses or say sensational stuff to Stephen A Smith

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

You mean like "ITS ON ME"?

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Uh but it does help. Or you think CP goes off being double teamed the whole game? 70% Harden is better than 100% Gordon these playoffs. I mean the guy can’t win, he keeps it to himself people bash him. He lets it know it’s the same thing.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he's not going to say it, I'm not going out of my way to make excuses. Elimination game last year, he played like dog ****. If he was sick, we'd have been better off if he sat. If he was healthy, it turns out we would have been better off if he sat. So, don't care if he's sick, concussed, or whatever. If he's going to play, he shouldn't go out and be terrible.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lowkey tinman-patented TMAC burn
    [​IMG]

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well if he aint sick then play better, simple as that.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure that's an "excuse"?

If you guys are going to blow something out of proportion at least pick one direction. :cool: