1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. texian

texian Member

Two, or three. He had a major knee injury in college and two major high ankle sprains with at least one requiring surgery because of an associated fibula fracture, likely again. We’ll see what they tell us.

The Jets? Lol, okay. He’s a .5, and missed 10 games in two years.

The Titans have a top 10 roster, and the Jaguars are probably there as well.

Pendergast, I think, came up with the stat last year that 77% of our 2nd-3rd-4th round draft picks from 2011-16 were no longer on the roster. Those rounds are your roster building rounds. That kills your roster. People make the mistake of conflating having a good QB or a Watt with having a good roster. Drew Brees has played on some bad rosters.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's why it's not worth the argument. But one thing people should remember is that if Rick Smith is about middle of the pack in the league, there's a 50/50 chance his replacement is worse. Happy Friday everyone!

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

He recovered pretty well from his college injuries. And when he injured his hand, instead of sitting out he switched to guard. You call it injury-prone, I call it being tough.

You're nuts. Fuller is a solid #2 receiver.

The Titans are panicking about their OL. And they're moving away from smash-mouth. Except they don't have any dependable receivers. Texans have a better QB, better receivers, better D-line, better LBs, and hopefully better coaching staff.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Please take Joseph away.

donkeypunch likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

So many trades...

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Which happens first.....

Rockets lose

Or

Texans make a move?

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's early but it's looking like Rockets lose.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Typical Texans!!! Never doing ****. Loll

14. Rocketeer Bang

I am a fan of the Texans because they are my home team, but as I've said many times before, Texans are hard to follow due to their inept front office decisions, especially when comparing against the two other pro teams in Stros and Rox. The Texans have suffered through years of mediocrity, and the fans seem to be conditioned to just stand pat and do nothing and let whoever we have on roster to run its course. We have spotty success here and there, like the Watt pick and Watson of course, but overall, we do poorly in free agency, and we do a piss poor job drafting. Our team has consistently been worse since the Kub years, and we weren't that great to begin with. RS has been a horrible GM, but the bucks stop with McNair, and for as long as he's the owner, we may never have a contending team. Sigh....

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Y’all get ready for a decade from now. When Watson’s career is over (read: wasted) and they never got past the 2nd round....and they come to the city asking for hundreds of millions of dollars to revamp NRG, or else!

craigharmann, raining threes and J.R. like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Awwww ;) Glad he got his dog back.

17. raining threes

I will take my chances, rather than celebrate the past 12 years of mediocrity.

18. raining threes

The fact that you think they have the 5th best roster in the AFC is why we will never be able to agree. Didn't the Texans just finish 4-12 last yr? Plus I wouldn't expect much help on the way from the draft. If the Texans get 2 guys that can play and improve the ST's I will be happy. Expecting more is unrealistic. Now FA is a different story.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

harsh but true

craigharmann likes this.
  20. texian

texian Member