1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Reddit/ NBA] Why LeBron Isn't Headed To Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Feb 5, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I can see Lebron taking a small paycut. BUT I will be shocked if he takes a big paycut (5+ mil). It has nothing to do with the money he has made. He is in reality also an agent and it's a matter of arrogance and pride. He doesn't believe in big paycuts.

Also I don't see Capella getting a max. Around 17-19 mil or so it's probable. But he will have the playoffs to showcase himself. If he has amazing games and the Rockets go deep or even reach the finals, it could happen.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chemistry and figuring how to close out games defensively more often is what lacks.

Once they had that, but yeah, I am saying it aint my cash.

Can't really say no there but I could understand if they did not follow through on that deal. That all.

You can't possibly retain Ariza, Gordon or Capela for long.......I can imagine Tilman paying for the Big 3 but not them.

If someone like DeAndre is joining for less than MLE or minimum, but it takes time to get the right role players.

Zhou Qi is not a rotational player, sorry, he aint yet. Far away from being one in my opinion.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He knows he’s pressured to taking a pay cut because if kd did it for he betterment of the team then he knows he will look lesser if he doesn’t..

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

stopped reading there

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I remember when the big 3 in Miami rumor first started to surface...I didn't believe it. I thought no way they can make the money work.

I remember when KD to GS started to surface....I didn't believe it. I thought no way they can make the money work.

The lesson I learned...star driven league and they can do whatever they want. If he wants to be a rocket, he will be a rocket. End of story.

Plowman, htownrox1, Fyreball and 6 others like this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Great effort. A lot of mistakes, yes, but from the way he types, I’m guessing he’s young.

We should always encourage thoughtful posting like this, especially from fans of other teams. It’s how we actually get good conversation at games, instead of “hurdur, curry is the best!1!”

7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

LeBron won't take a paycut, he's worth 500mil and he has intentions of buying an NBA franchise. He wants nothing short of 5 years/180 million. He might end up being a Laker after all if he doesn't care about winning.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun get that the statement. 'He does not care about winning', he has 3 rings, well he can keep chasing like Kobe but why should a player that has won, keep chasing rings and can't enjoy life and baskeball?

Fans pretend to know what every superstar should want when they are nearing their career end.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Lebron accepts a vet minimum we got this. Tilman could even sweeten the pot by Throwing in a Landry’s select card. Boom.

#49 CCorn, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 and Lebron wrote the CBA so they could get the max amount of money. I think they are both getting as much as they can.

da_juice and BigShasta like this.
  11. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

b****y post from a b****y fan that got his b****y ass slapped by LBJ in 2016 finals.

With LBJ in Houston, GS fans be like:

[​IMG]

jch1911, jacoby and DonKnock like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep don't think MIA or CLE won 60+ games prior to Jame's arrival or en route to it when he arrives.

remember how people hate the Ryno/Tucker combo? imagine if we were to replace that with Lebron and keep everything else intact

da_juice likes this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Clint is probably one of the best at his position and given his ability to block shots, guard multiple positions, play efficient offense, play the pick and roll, and his age - will probably a very hot commodity among teams with available space. Most of the teams with cap space next year need that on their roster anyway aside from Philly with Embid.

....as for the main article - I'm not too keen on Lebron coming here at the max. I don't want us to be James/Chris/Lebron/a lot of over the hill vet minimum guys. Yes, the 3 star/random vets lineup got Lebron 3 titles(in 8 tries which isn't great) - but that's more because Lebron is the greatest of all time(the rundown block of on Iggy is one he single handedly brought to Cleveland)...as Lebron enters the twilight of his career, he isn't going to be able to continue to carry a team of lesser quality role players defensively AND offensively and the same is true for CP3. James can definitely still carry a team offensively, but we know he isn't a difference maker defensively. In short an upgrade at the wing defender spot would be great but if we are going to try to throw the max at someone but I would be far more comfortable if that player were someone like Paul George than Lebron James because George can extend Harden's window while having both Lebron AND CP3 does the opposite.

To summarize - this team right now can compete with Golden State and with some smart moves can even exceed them but let's not forget this is all about extending Harden's window and trying to build a dynasty - not going all in to gamble on a single title. We will be good either way, but we have to be careful not to go chasing the wrong goals. James Harden is still young enough that we can talk about building a dynasty around him still.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

FOR THIS SUMMER: WOULD YOU?

LeBron (30 Mill) + TThompson (17 and 18 ) FOR - Anderson (20 and 21) and Capela (25)

or

LeBron (30 Mill) + TThompson (17 and 18 ) and Kyle Korver (7) FOR - Anderson (20 and 21) and Capela (25)and EGordon (13 and 14)

Rocket River

15. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

The only difference between the two trades is Eric Gordon and Kyle Korver... there is no way in hell I would ever trade Eric Gordon for Kyle Korver straight up.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No. . . . who would .. . The only reason If put in the second trade was if the first one was rejected
    and the Rockets needed a sweetener . . . ..

Without LeBron Cavs would not want/need Korver and would be happy to rid themselves of him
    esp if it got them EGo

LeBron is the objective

Rocket River

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's pretty hilarious, this is the BEST time for LBJ to ring-chase. Hated him ring-chasing earlier in his career.

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

.....but does Lebron even bowl?

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, he's been in CP3's Bowling Invitational a few times I think.

DonKnock likes this.